Buying out of the ACC... This may be a good or a dumb question.

troyskiles

[]_[] Forever
Is there any way Miami would be able to afford paying ALL the money they are saying to leave the ACC, if they put all their money together? I have no idea.
If they could, why wouldn't we put something together to say, "Hey, we can afford to buy out, if needed." I would think that is what the BIG and SEC are waiting for, can one of these ACC teams buy out? If so, no burden on the BIG or SEC. They do not want baggage. I think both conferences would be interested in that team quickly, if that were to happen.
If it is possible, does it make sense?

Advertisement
Is there any way Miami would be able to afford paying ALL the money they are saying to leave the ACC, if they put all their money together? I have no idea.
If they could, why wouldn't we put something together to say, "Hey, we can afford to buy out, if needed." I would think that is what the BIG and SEC are waiting for, can one of these ACC teams buy out? If so, no burden on the BIG or SEC. They do not want baggage. I think both conferences would be interested in that team quickly, if that were to happen.

$120 million would be the ACC exit fee.

Dawg.... We can't even buy recruits right now. What makes you think....
What The Idea GIF by Amazon Freevee

Advertisement
Advertisement
The schools agreed to and signed the GOR's deal when everyone was happy. Now they want to break the prom date with the pretty girl because the ugly girls daddy is rich.

I was told it was closer to 400 million to break GOR in 2023-2024.
Right and who the **** has $500m to spend to get out. ACC knows what happens when schools start jumping ship. Just look at the PAC12. Now that those dummies at fsu opened their traps and put their intentions out in public, there’s no need for anyone to give them a discount to leave. They intend to break free of a contract that they’re tied to for over 10 more years. They should’ve been smarter about it and tried to quietly get the 7 or 8 teams together to jump at once by surprising the ACC and not giving the league the time to break free. Clemson is probably ****ed that FSU dragged their name into it.

You can look at the contract 2 ways I guess...the contract sucks because all schools are locked in to the ACC until 2036 OR....it was a great contract because it is the only thing saving the ACC conference from collapse right now. Maybe the old commish was a little smarter than people think or he was just dumb and got lucky.

Advertisement
You can look at the contract 2 ways I guess...the contract sucks because all schools are locked in to the ACC until 2036 OR....it was a great contract because it is the only thing saving the ACC conference from collapse right now. Maybe the old commish was a little smarter than people think or he was just dumb and got lucky.
So he benefited the tobacco road mafia while ******* its member schools. Terrific.

Now we need that Saudi money…..

Confused Thinking GIF by MOODMAN

Tweak nickname from Hurricanes to Sandstorms

Sebastian the Ibis replaced by Joe Camel

Pay Patrick Mahomes $5B to leave the Chiefs and use his last year of college eligibility at The U

What else?

Advertisement
the bigger number is the GOR buyout. once someone challenges it and it is deemed to be illegitimate, it will be far easier to get out of the conference. no one wants a school w no tv rights.

the next step is ensuring you have a home and not the rumors that are on here.

the schools that have moved recently did so when their respective GORs were up or nearing the end (UT and OU moved to the SEC with only a few years left on their GOR with the big 12 and I think they negotiated to get out 1 year early and the pac 12 was more attractive bc USC and UCLA left with 1 year left and this past year there was no GOR linking anyone to the pac 12).

The GOR rights was the right move in terms of stability - which is specifically what the ACC commissioner was tasked with getting at the time. Where he messed up was signing a TV deal that went that long for such a low amount.

Advertisement
Back