Butch

Yeah....Last yr was soooooo much better...All 3 beat last yrs team...
Your statement was they’d all curb stomp last year’s team. That’s obviously wrong. The Nix-Walton team at best would have played us to a 0-0 tie. In all seriousness, those teams were garbage too. How have you forgotten? Shannon-Nix-Walton was a clown show.

Advertisement
Stop
Your state,ent was they’d all curb stomp last year’s team. That’s obviously wrong. The Nix-Walton team at best would have played us to a 0-0 tie.
Stop it....That Nix Walton team would've B*tch slapped Diaz and Enos in the mouth...Lol at Losing to FIU.....

There was a time when it might have been a good move to bring in Butch Davis and give him another shot. That time has passed. It’s time to move on. It’s embarrassing how much Miami fans live in the past.
It's embarrassing how much we repeat the mistakes of the past.

What do they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? If for once, we did the right thing, people would forget the past. The most aggravating thing is that this is correctable, we just don't have the right people (through out the hierarchy) making the decisions.

Advertisement
When you step into a Butch thread. You better wear a pair of these because the **** is always deep. Saban getting advice from Butch is hilarious. Saban wouldn't be had Butch stayed at Miami. This is the stuff that even during tough times can make you laugh.

HTB17qhOaUvrK1RjSszfq6xJNVXa0.jpg

Fuqin ****es me off knowing we had a chance to stop the bleeding but chose Mark, then make it 100 times worse choosing Manny. Unbelievable......the one guy all the way on the bottom of my list is the guy they hire. Can't make this **** up

Only Miami can do such a thing

Advertisement
Nothing man I forget how personally offended you get with any negative remarks to your butt buddy.

Old man can find some talent yes... but that old man is an awful corch on game days. Always has been and always will be...

BORTCH Davis

He was terrible but no one found talent like him. No one

Advertisement
Eh, what Cristobal did at FIU is as impressive than what Butch has done there, if not moreso. Cristobal led them to their 1st winning season in school history while still under sanctions and won a conference title. Cristobal put FIU on the map.

Neither of the 2 kids in the draft were actually Bootch Davis recruits. The QB was a transfer and the WR was a Turner commit.

Cristobal had Cyprien and Hilton, who were 2nd and 3rd round picks, respectively.

If you want to whine about not getting a better coach, you are complaining about the wrong FIU guy.
Exactly

Yeah....2001....anyone who says otherwise are Fool's....and that 2001 team would take ANY Saban Bama team from the woodshed...to the 954 where you reside, and back.....
Butch didn’t coach 01..clappy did. This would be like the 06 Bama coach wanting credit for what Saban in did in 08..butch did a helluva job laying the foundation tho. Nobody takes anything away from him on that end

Advertisement
He went 6-7 with those seven drafted players.

Went 6-7 in a midmajor conference with those 7 drafted players. Did I mention that they lost 4 games by 20+ points? That's awful. You'd think that FIU would have easily been able to win 8-10 games with that kind of talent available. No one said that Butch doesn't have an eye for talent, what most of us said was that 1)Programs that have rehired coaches in the modern era have always been disappointed(Pitt, USC), 2)Butch was/is an awful gameday coach, and he wasn't going to be able to rely on outtalenting teams every week and 3)Miami had to start moving away from this "Miami Guy" crap, and get some fresh blood.

Guess what? Butch still is an awful gameday coach. He can't even consistently outtalent teams in a midmajor conference, despite having significantly better talent at his disposal. Miami still has to move away from the "Miami Guy" nonsense, if the program is ever going to get anywhere. Hiring Butch isn't the move a competent AD makes, it's a move so stupid even a dunce like Blake James backed away from it.

Julio not canton bound? Time will tell with the list but even you gotta admit it’s pretty **** impressive
He's about it...Name any others??...I think not....Lol at Saban producing more HOFers than Butch....

Butch didn’t coach 01..clappy did. This would be like the 06 Bama coach wanting credit for what Saban in did in 08..butch did a helluva job laying the foundation tho. Nobody takes anything away from him on that end
It was His F-ing team that HE evaluated...and recruited....Lol at Clappy who Butch hired....ask ANY 2001 player who was responsible for that 01 team....I promise you they won't say Coker......Ask @dsddcane who put that team together...I can promise you one MFing thing....Butch wouldn't have ran the program off a cliff like Coker did....
And if you Honestly think Coker could've done what Butch did from 95-2000...then you honestly need your Head examined....

Butch layed the Foundation...and Coker and Onion Destroyed it by inept recruiting and coaching.....

Advertisement
Back