Butch vs Jimbo

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point, I see.
Don't forget, until 2000 he was 0-12 against FSU, VT, and ECU.... The revisionism crazy around here. ****, I LIKED Butch, and was patient with him. People now act like they were always a huge fan of him, but many are the same impatient baby types who were either flying a banner then, or would have. I wouldn't mind having Butch back, but to act like he didn't have his flaws is beyond crazy. The main reason I'd like him back is because he'd stock the talent back up again. Golden is doing a decent job at getting NFL caliber talent on the roster again, but Butch would do an even better job. Still, I have always thought that Miami can compete for titles with a coach that can out scheme their opponents, because we will always have talent. Only bad coaches need to have far superior talent, and I mean FAR superior talent, at UM to win a title. Larry Coker for example. There is a good chance Miami never have that type of talent advantage again, even with Butch. Give me a smart coach that can out think the other team, not just out talent them. Because we WILL have talent, and when the coaching is better, we WILL win big again.
Love all of the Butch adulation from the same fanbase that not only ripped him every single season he was the UM HC, but
bannered him as well.
The revisionism is rich.

More f@qgotry from another patient evolved refined fan. According to clowns like Thomas, UM fans are babies because they want Folden fired for going 6-7 in his 4th year with a roster full of NFL players and the best performing QB in the acc.

Advertisement
Sorry to **** on the parade, but the days of Butch are over. His coaching is confined to video games. Even back in the day, he was an average at best game day coach and prone to fits of sideline hyperventilation. Love how revisionist want to paint him as a stout modern day Rockne.

Cleveland Browns are a career killer for any coach. But if he was an elite coach, then why was the UNC job his best offer?

People keep Making up this silly story that he isn't coaching because UNC is still paying him, yet that is just an incentive for other teams to hire him and pay him just $100K a year. Schools do that all the time.

He took the UNC and Cleveland job, but now he is just waiting for the right offer? He could coach at Texas Tech or something until golden gets fired.

Being unemployed for multiple years kills your career prospects in any profession. It doesn't make sense that he is just "waiting".

Elite talent evaluator. Maybe the greatest. Those UNC teams were an NFL factory for a couple of years.

Advertisement
Love all of the Butch adulation from the same fanbase that not only ripped him every single season he was the UM HC, but
bannered him as well.
The revisionism is rich.

" Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you got till it's gone."

joni mitchell - Parking Lot

GO CANES!!!!

Advertisement
Butch can dominate once again at The U.

Some real dumbasses here.

Petrino was one, major embarrassment.

But he got the job he wanted back. When the idiots said the school would never, EVER take him back. Dumbasses.

Dumbassery is a common malady here.

Jimbo's sucess is directly tied to how bad Al Golden is.

Dalvin Cook, Travis Rudolph, etc. would not be in Tally if we had a competent HC.

That has a **** of a ring to it. Having Butch back WILL bring back the luster to this rivalry game.

Do whatever you can Butch....get your *** back in Coral Gables

I bet it would be way ******* better than what we have now.. no doubt in my mind.

MeaslyGiantBlackfly.gif

Advertisement
Butch remains unemployed 3-4 yrs after fired in disgrace by UNC. Wonder why?

As usual. You can't count.

Try again, and start with his last UNC payment.

Sorry. Butch hasn't been on the sidelines in 3-4 years. Of course, he just wants to lay around getting fat, pondering what might have been and living the life of an old, ex-coach. So, we're to believe he could have had his choice of gigs, but prefers hanging around the studio powder room.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Butch remains unemployed 3-4 yrs after fired in disgrace by UNC. Wonder why?

As usual. You can't count.

Try again, and start with his last UNC payment.

Sorry. Butch hasn't been on the sidelines in 3-4 years. Of course, he just wants to lay around getting fat, pondering what might have been and living the life of an old, ex-coach. So, we're to believe he could have had his choice of gigs, but prefers hanging around the studio powder room.

You're about as dense as ironwood. Start with Butch's last payment from UNC.

And the studio gig is not a bad gig. Plus, he gets to see lots and lots of teams, lots of different defenses, defensive coaches, offenses, offensive coaches, and gets to study many, many teams.

That's how you keep your finger on everything going on in college football.

Advertisement
Back