Butch vs Jimbo

Fly1

Covert Bag Man
That has a **** of a ring to it. Having Butch back WILL bring back the luster to this rivalry game.

Do whatever you can Butch....get your *** back in Coral Gables

Advertisement
Butch would make jimbo look like Alf on a regular basis

Also didn't mean to neg, ****** touch screen

Last edited:
Love all of the Butch adulation from the same fanbase that not only ripped him every single season he was the UM HC, but
bannered him as well.
The revisionism is rich.

Last edited:
Advertisement
****, this board has turned into fantasy land littered with Butch slurpers and revisionists. The man is stuck on the unemployment line, right alongside Ron Zook, and isn't getting hired by Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fans were hard on Butch because that's back when UM fans expected to win every game and compete for NCs. Now, they're so accepting of losing that they're making excuses for a feqgit who went 6-7 in his 4th year.

Times have changed, so if you want to rip fans for being tough on Butch when he was winning 8 or 9 games a year, then in your quest to be historians and truth seekers do so in the proper perspective and context. UM fans had huge expectations back then. Not so much these days.

Advertisement
Don't forget, until 2000 he was 0-12 against FSU, VT, and ECU.... The revisionism crazy around here. ****, I LIKED Butch, and was patient with him. People now act like they were always a huge fan of him, but many are the same impatient baby types who were either flying a banner then, or would have. I wouldn't mind having Butch back, but to act like he didn't have his flaws is beyond crazy. The main reason I'd like him back is because he'd stock the talent back up again. Golden is doing a decent job at getting NFL caliber talent on the roster again, but Butch would do an even better job. Still, I have always thought that Miami can compete for titles with a coach that can out scheme their opponents, because we will always have talent. Only bad coaches need to have far superior talent, and I mean FAR superior talent, at UM to win a title. Larry Coker for example. There is a good chance Miami never have that type of talent advantage again, even with Butch. Give me a smart coach that can out think the other team, not just out talent them. Because we WILL have talent, and when the coaching is better, we WILL win big again.
Love all of the Butch adulation from the same fanbase that not only ripped him every single season he was the UM HC, but
bannered him as well.
The revisionism is rich.

Don't forget, until 2000 he was 0-12 against FSU, VT, and ECU.... The revisionism crazy around here. ****, I LIKED Butch, and was patient with him. People now act like they were always a huge fan of him, but many are the same impatient baby types who were either flying a banner then, or would have. I wouldn't mind having Butch back, but to act like he didn't have his flaws is beyond crazy. The main reason I'd like him back is because he'd stock the talent back up again. Golden is doing a decent job at getting NFL caliber talent on the roster again, but Butch would do an even better job. Still, I have always thought that Miami can compete for titles with a coach that can out scheme their opponents, because we will always have talent. Only bad coaches need to have far superior talent, and I mean FAR superior talent, at UM to win a title. Larry Coker for example. There is a good chance Miami never have that type of talent advantage again, even with Butch. Give me a smart coach that can out think the other team, not just out talent them. Because we WILL have talent, and when the coaching is better, we WILL win big again.
bannered him as well.
The revisionism is rich.

More f@qgotry from another patient evolved refined fan. According to clowns like Thomas, UM fans are babies because they want Folden fired for going 6-7 in his 4th year with a roster full of NFL players and the best performing QB in the acc.

I never thought Butch was much of a game day coach. Jimbo is probably better at that. BUT within a couple years, Butch would field a team that beats the crap out of jimbo's coaching.

Sorry to **** on the parade, but the days of Butch are over. His coaching is confined to video games. Even back in the day, he was an average at best game day coach and prone to fits of sideline hyperventilation. Love how revisionist want to paint him as a stout modern day Rockne.

Advertisement
Back