Butch Promotes Swasey

Tana...Moss..Dre..and Wayne had Moffitt for the most part.

They also trained at Bomoritos and a few other places. You can locate some of the videos online.

Our players from Miami and Broward, spent as much time training at outside facilities during the off-season, as they do with any of our strength coaches.

When Golden was our coach, I’d see Tracy Howard and Malcolm Lewis, 2x per week, training at a facility at St Thomas university with devin Bush’s uncle. I’d see Jamal Carter and a few others at another spot that I trained at Called IdolMakers. Carter broke the record for max bench with bands, while hitting a minimal meters per second.

At these facilities, they do 1v1s and drill at times against current pros.

Btw, a kid with the genetics and minimal training regimen required to play D1 football, shouldn’t be getting fat by adding two muscle milks per day. Golden had these dudes eating whatever it took to meet a prescribed weight. Players were given muscle milks during the Shannon era, and we looked smaller than every quality team that we faced.

Advertisement
I can’t believe Swasey being terrible is even a debate. Moffit trainee our national title team, the more Swasey trained personnel started playing, the worse we got. Moffitt went to LSU and his 4 year players kicked our asses up and down the field without trying that hard, then beat our asses after the game for good measure, almost the exact opposite of our team clubbing Florida before the Sugar Bowl, then wiping the floor with them. Tommy was trained by the gawd of football S&C, his protege is at Bama of course and I still believe that his system works the best. It helps to have four and five star athletes but lifting and S&C culture matters in football. See the Peach Bowl as everyone references correctly as People’s Exhibit A-Z of how our program **** the bed and got undressed nationally by a real program.

Advertisement
Back