Butch Promotes Swasey

Advertisement
Let me see if I can understand this thread.

1. Lots of guys who have never played a day of football are ripping Swasey because "he didn't have a certificate".
2. Lots of guys who have never played a day of football have substituted their judgement for Swasey's ability over hundreds of guys who played football at UM and worked out with Swasey.
3. Lots of guys falling for the pretext excuse to fire Swasey ("he didn't have a certificate") when Swasey had tuition remission as a UM employee and the absolute ability to take whatever classes he needed for free.
4. Lots of guys acting as if weight and strength training did not become a thing until the invention of a "certificate" to certify one's education.
5. FIU (who has employed Swasey for several years) just pushed around Miami, who employs a guy with a "certificate".

Advertisement
Let me see if I can understand this thread.

1. Lots of guys who have never played a day of football are ripping Swasey because "he didn't have a certificate".
2. Lots of guys who have never played a day of football have substituted their judgement for Swasey's ability over hundreds of guys who played football at UM and worked out with Swasey.
3. Lots of guys falling for the pretext excuse to fire Swasey ("he didn't have a certificate") when Swasey had tuition remission as a UM employee and the absolute ability to take whatever classes he needed for free.
4. Lots of guys acting as if weight and strength training did not become a thing until the invention of a "certificate" to certify one's education.
5. FIU (who has employed Swasey for several years) just pushed around Miami, who employs a guy with a "certificate".

One of the main complaints about Swasey was the team fading in the 4th quarter.

Based on FIU nearly blowing a 20-0 lead to Miami, that trend with Swasey seems to be continuing.

His program officially died when LSU made paper machete of us in the Peach Bowl.

If Pete Garcia had half a brain, he never would have allowed Butch Davis to hire Swasey.

But then again, Garcia is the same guy who fired Don Soldinger after the Peach Bowl, but allowed Swasey to stay on.

Advertisement
Did Butch hire him to do what he does best, look through our gym windows to see how we're progressing?

Interesting that you say that. Andre Johnson, Sean Taylor, Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss and countless others have never said that. Especially when they came back in the offseason workout with him.

Advertisement
Interesting that you say that. Andre Johnson, Sean Taylor, Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss and countless others have never said that. Especially when they came back in the offseason workout with him.

They returned to work with him because they were from the area and/or had a home in the area.

Advertisement
Tana...Moss..Dre..and Wayne had Moffitt for the most part.

Advertisement
Back