Butch HC, Kiffin OC/HCIW?

thebutcher

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Has this been talked about? What a nightmare this would be for everyone else in the country.. Best talent evaluator in the game paired up with one of the best recruiters in the game. As far as I can tell Kiffin is a fine OC and some of the "rumors" have him as being interested in the HC gig.

I remember reading something on here about Butch only wanting to stay for 4-6 years. These two would combine to create an absolutely stacked roster by the time Butch is out of here. Best part? The head coach in waiting title doesn't mean ****. Stack the roster, then tell Kiffin to pound sand when Butch leaves. Bring in a real coach to take over a legendary program loaded with talent. This would be the #1 job in the country. Who knows if Kiffin would do it, but **** that would be fun for a couple years.

Edit- Bring in Dorsey as QB coach with the understanding he'll move to OC after Butch moves on.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but why doesn't this make sense?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wouldn't be opposed to that at all... I wanted kiffin before at Miami.

LMAO KIFFIN!!!! Are you guys serious, guy has been an epic failure at every single stop. Tennessee and USC would laugh at these posts.

Advertisement
LMAO KIFFIN!!!! Are you guys serious, guy has been an epic failure at every single stop. Tennessee and USC would laugh at these posts.

hasn't been a failure as an OC or as a recruiter as far as I can tell.. which is exactly what we'd be using him for.

I wish I kept a journal of all these "potential" pairings. Once the hire is made it would make for a great thread.

What, exactly, has Kiffin done to deserve ANY consideration as a head coach?

The guy is a douche, has lost every where he's gone and acts like a petulant little ***** on the sidelines. NO. THANKS.

Advertisement
I like this. Kiffin is an excellent OC, he can learn whatever he hasn't learned under Saban with Butch. We'd dominate college football hands down

Why would kiffin leave Alabama to be the same thing at Miami?

HCIW at a legendary program. I don't think any elite program grabs him as HC any time soon after Tenn and USC, so maybe in his mind this would be his quickest way back to the top level of CFB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What, exactly, has Kiffin done to deserve ANY consideration as a head coach?

The guy is a douche, has lost every where he's gone and acts like a petulant little ***** on the sidelines. NO. THANKS.

I don't think he's done anything to deserve a HC position, which is why we grab him for OC and his recruiting. We spurn him when Butch leaves the same way he spurned Tenn, which I already said in the original post.

The thread hypothetical and wishful thinking, calm down lol.

Just watch any Bama game and you'll notice how he sets up his plays, finds advantageous match-ups, and befuddled opposing DCS, it's beautiful chess. I don't like his demeanor though, but we don't know him personally.

Advertisement
Butch HC ... Dino Babers HCIW/OC I'd take that right there

So Babers is going to leave a position as a head coach to become a coordinator?

He only getting paid 600 @ BGSU

Pay the man 2 mil to be HCIW and learn everything about our history from butch for three years. He'll also learn the fertile grounds of state of Miami. I guarantee you he'd be willing to entertain it to say the least.

Advertisement
Back