Butch Got Blown Out A Bunch of Times Too

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
I got to see it up close...people don't understand what Butch had to deal with behind the scenes...he was scrutinized beyond belief by the entire BOT minus Dimare and Stewart Miller...the majority of the BOT didn't like Butch..and the feeling was mutual. They literally nit-picked him to Death...Wasn't bad enough that he had the Sanctions thrown in his lap..and then Sports Illustrated damning cover...Add in Marlin Barnes Murder on campus and it was real tough times...
Adding @Emilioooooh

This is why I hold that theory. I think fans would have known more about roster and had more information on how the BOT was doing the stuff we now know they did. Today we know more about a kid named Shemar Stewart (who we expect to be a Cane but has neither committed nor signed with UM yet) than we did a kid named Ed Reed who was on the UM roster for two years before anyone knew who he was.

Its an offbeat theory but I think it makes sense for exactly the reasons Emilioooooh noted. The internet has allowed us to see Manny's successes in the offseason in real time. Back then we knew only what page 4 of the Herald's sports section told us.

Advertisement
61602447.jpg

Advertisement
Would you like to comment on why Miami has been irrelevant for nearly 2 decades? Hey, Butch Davis got blown out too
We're talking about Diaz sooo... Are you saying Diaz is to blame for our last 2 decades?

Advertisement
Advertisement
wee were already down many took over a terrible team. some of ya’ll acting like he took over a play off team an running it into the ground.
His defense is average and lbs are horrendous and he’s controlled them for 6 years. He’s been through two full staffs almost in three years and the results are the exact same

No shame in getting blowed out week 1 against the reigning perennial best team in football, but show some self-awareness and don't bring out the chain when we're down 27-0 before halftime. We were a **** hair away from being 6-6 last season. WTACCOGTFudgeOut

Let’s not fool ourselves, last nights loss wast the Washington loss of 2000. We saw late game progress in that one, 5 more minutes we win that one.

Advertisement
We're talking about Diaz sooo... Are you saying Diaz is to blame for our last 2 decades?
Blame? The athletic dept used to appease fans with hirings and firings, however..they've long been satisfied with the success of the football program. Whatever remains of the fanbase is what carries forward the delusion.

It's now a directional football school minus the direction

Advertisement
Back