Butch Davis would’ve had this team competing with Clemson

Butch Davis is a great leader. Kids believe in him. Would have loved to have hired him. Not sure if we win a title with Butch but we’d be in a better situation that where we are now. Unfortunately, for us, that ship has sailed. Richt was a lazy hire by an incompetent AD and search committee. Now we are suffering with the consequences that got Richt fired in the first place. Meanwhile, FIU is at an ultimate high.
:ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Advertisement
I get your point, but not sure how you prove it. FIU was Mario’s first gig. I’m guessing he’s a better HC now than he was then.

Mario has Oregon recruiting at levels they have never seen. And he’s in year 1 of his 2nd HC job.

We won’t know the coach Mario is, currently, until another few seasons pass, IMO.

I also don’t think most people realize that when Mario was HC at FIU the football program had only been in existence for 4 years prior to him. He was the coach in their 5th year, so judging him solely as a HC at FIU needs to be put into context.

I’m sure he has learned a lot since then and is by far a better coach. But one positive that still translates from his time at FIU is that his recruiting acumen is second to none.

He would’ve been cheap. He would’ve hired an elite staff where we would’ve had more money for top assistants. And our money and resources could’ve gone to other things other then our coaches retirement funds and staffing family members. Money could’ve been set aside for recruiting. And he would’ve hired an attacking defense and uptempo offense which is what Mack is doing at UNC. He’s the CEO and his staff is controlling both sides of the ball. That’s how it should be. I can’t wait for this clown Richt to be gone.

If he hired the right coaches and stayed out of their way he would have us dominating.

Advertisement
No politics
most of those clowns are 25 years old and have never seen a real Cane football game. It reminds me of the blind support the dems have for crooked hillary and her ilk, they ignore the FACT she has been caught lying so many times you cant count em. Yet Trump has the economy booming and they hate him lol makes no sense.
Lmaoooo “economy booming” dude is a bout to shut down the Gov and let ISIS control its territory all In the same weeks leading up to the holidays..and Lies? Trump says to every politician “hold my beer” ..but unto the Butch point, he orchestrated one of the greatest turnarounds in CFB. Built of the greatest roster in history. He will always be appreciated for what he DID here. With that said modern day Butch Davis is likely exactly wher he belongs after his historic 8-5 stretches at UNC. Stop living in the past

I don’t know if Butch would have been the right coach or not.
But one thing we can all agree with (the Butch clan and the Richt worshipers) is that Butch would have zero issues firing a coach if that coach was underperforming and there was a chance to upgrade.
Something that has been proven Richt will not do.

Richt doesn’t make a Bowl game with that FIU program. He doesn’t win 9 and 8 games back to back at FIU. But I get it. You have your head up your *** and don’t want to see Miami is arguably at its lowest point since 1997.

Prove to me that Richt doesn't make a bowl game at FIU. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Butch has always done more with less.

At UM, less scholarship players - and yet gathered and coached up the greatest college football team of all time.

At UNC, took a basketball school with a losing program, gathered better players willing to play for a basketball school - and UNC has changed its outlook on football.

At FIU - well, he's turning it up there too.

Richt? Forever doing less - with more - much more. If you can't win titles at Georgia, with the recruiting base, money out the bunghole, support, and large fan base - you are pretty damned sorry.

Advertisement
Wake me up when he wins the Conference USA. It should be child’s play to win that conference with South florida players. I repeat, UAB didn’t even have a football team two years ago and they won the conference

Prove to me Butch loses to Duke, GT, BC and Virginia with this team. Or has such a ****** recruiting class at Miami. Or has a locker room completely divided and looking to transfer. I’ll hang up and not listen.

He lost to ECU with these dudes on the roster
250B564E-803E-4D1E-8C64-EAEDEBAA96C7.png

Advertisement
Right now Butch has the 115rh ranked recruiting class in the country, 12th out of 14 teams in his conference.

Not a knock on him, just a reality check for those who think he commands immediate respect from kids and would march in and pull every local recruit.

Yes I know it’s FIU, but there’s no way that’s not a concern.

People need to remember he rebuilt a team that had won four titles in the 13 years before his arrival. The U was the shot and kids still loved it. And he faced 1/100th of the pressure from out of state schools that exists today.

Butch isn’t the answer here anymore. Time to let it go.

Prove to me Butch loses to Duke, GT, BC and Virginia with this team. Or has such a ****** recruiting class at Miami. Or has a locker room completely divided and looking to transfer. I’ll hang up and not listen.

I won't prove those things because I never made those claims. What I can prove, though, is that an alleged coaching genius went from the brink of building a dynasty to coaching FIU in the Bahama Bowl in less than two decades, with no success along the way.

Advertisement
Back