Butch Davis would’ve had this team competing with Clemson

Advertisement
But that was before recruiting rankings and services even existed. Now those athletes that should have been five stars are five stars and they are being recruited by Bama.

See, people that don’t realize college football has changed still want Butch
Bama wouldn't be in the position they're in if we got Butch back after Coker

The impressive thing about butch wasn’t that he recruited 5* players, it’s that he found the 3* guys who should’ve been 5*.

His evaluations were the key.

He left on Thursdays for Jimmy Johnson to evaluate and recruit. Not saying JJ never did diddly ****, but Butch did the bulk of the player evaluations and recruiting. And he stocked JJ's teams.

JJ's teams - that Butch heavily stocked - were turned over to Erickson - and we know how well he did.

Then Butch's first two years at UM - he lost 31 scholarships - regained a full squad after year four - and lost only one game

Got screwed - and again left the cupboard absolutely FULL - for Clappy.

We get Butch - he's a good coach - hungry, aggressive, demanding - and can absolutely stock the cupboard again with talent - and if he stays four years, or more - you can bet your hairy backside - he'll have our team deeply stacked with talent - that's been coached up and knows how hateful it is to lose.

Or - hire another cheap out, a complete dumbass, or Snow White's Sleepy.

Let's see - Radar had a decent defense - not offense. Golden had zero defense - and crap offense. Richt had a top defense - and zero offense.

Butch knows how to get both going. He'd kill it here.

Advertisement
What I am going to post I believe is really saying something...your post is one of the dumbest EVER posted on this message board. Hoping against hope that you were just kidding...failingly trying to be ironic.
Sorry I’m not being politically correct but that’s reality. Clearly you’re having trouble grasping it. I want a guy who’s sole purpose for coaching is winning. Could careless how he gets there.

He would have won three national titles in ONE year!
He would have drank 168 beers on a flight from New York to Los Angeles!
He would have brought Sebastian's pipe back!
He would have got us an on-campus stadium with a waterpark attached to it!
He would have only recruited 7-star players and all of them would have won Heismans!

Y'all are grown men acting like Butch Davis is Santa Claus. Such a great HC and yet still has zero rings and the best coaching job he could get is FIU.

You were on a good roll until you got to the 7*s. You do realize that Butch recruits included five top ten finishers in the heisman voting, with two in top five at same time. When it is all done and said, he will have recruited more NFL HOF players than any two Miami coaches. Whatever is said about Butch nobody can touch his recruiting and staffing results.

Advertisement
You were on a good roll until you got to the 7*s. You do realize that Butch recruits included five top ten finishers in the heisman voting, with two in top five at same time. When it is all done and said, he will have recruited more NFL HOF players than any two Miami coaches. Whatever is said about Butch nobody can touch his recruiting and staffing results.

I won't disagree with any of this.

My point, with all of the Butch stuff, is the game is not the same anymore. He's great at evaluating talent. But that advantage has significantly decreased since the mid-90's. Far too many think expect that he could strike lightning in a bottle the same way he did before, but I seriously doubt it.

When all is done and said, I think it's likely that he will have recruited more NFL HOF'ers than any college coach ever has.

I’m just looking for a coach to dominate the Coastal. Competing with Clemson means competing for national titles. No coach would have Miami at that point in 3 years, IMO.

This ain’t NCAA Dynasty Mode. Nor, is it 10 years ago. It takes longer than that to change culture and build rosters in today’s college game. It also takes some luck.

Lincoln Riley took over a machine at OU. Stoops had that program Top 5. Riley has elevated it.

Look where Petersen is at Washington. Elevated them, but they aren’t legit national championship contenders.

Richt inherited a Top 40 program. He’s improved it. But definitely not to the point most believe he should.

Maybe Butch would be better at this point? Maybe Cristobal would be better? Maybe Shiano would be better? Maybe Scott Satterfield would have been better?

We’ll never know on any of the other coaches, so the BBB crew can continue the “what if”, and there’s nothing concrete to indicate they’re wrong.

Congrats to Butch and FIU!

Hes better than Mario who most on here seem to have a chub for

I get your point, but not sure how you prove it. FIU was Mario’s first gig. I’m guessing he’s a better HC now than he was then.

Mario has Oregon recruiting at levels they have never seen. And he’s in year 1 of his 2nd HC job.

We won’t know the coach Mario is, currently, until another few seasons pass, IMO.

most of those clowns are 25 years old and have never seen a real Cane football game. It reminds me of the blind support the dems have for crooked hillary and her ilk, they ignore the FACT she has been caught lying so many times you cant count em. Yet Trump has the economy booming and they hate him lol makes no sense.
Lol someone calling Hilary a liar but praises Trump. You Trumpards are freaking hilarious

Advertisement
what's impossible to understand is not the fans who appreciate and respect Butch Davis but the irrational hatred for the man.
the people who insult him without any reason should be lined up to kiss his *** because without Butch Davis and the
miraculous job he did in the 90s there probably wouldn't even be a Miami football program now and what he did deserves
nothing but the highest respect from anyone who calls themselves a CANE.

the sanctions that Miami got were intended to make it impossible for the program to survive. the NCAA obviously wanted
the CANES to go away and die and that's a fact.

and as always there is more bull**** on this thread about the circumstances why Butch left Miami. people write things that
aren't truthful or accurate simply because they hate Butch Davis and are serious dumbasses.

Nobody hates Butch. Stop being so sensitive. The people who are unrealistic enough to rant endlessly about us hiring Butch Davis even though no P5 team is even talking to him are the reason we have to “insult” Butch. It’s not even insulting the man. I loved Butch but I’m old enough to remember his faults and it’s clear the man sabotaged his own career.

He’s turning 67 and other coaches in his conference are doing better work than he is right now. Why wouldn’t we go after them?

Yep. First 9 win season. 2nd Bowl win. Most wins in 2 year period.

He’s done very well.

Butch Davis is a great leader. Kids believe in him. Would have loved to have hired him. Not sure if we win a title with Butch but we’d be in a better situation that where we are now. Unfortunately, for us, that ship has sailed. Richt was a lazy hire by an incompetent AD and search committee. Now we are suffering with the consequences that got Richt fired in the first place. Meanwhile, FIU is at an ultimate high.

Advertisement
Interesting. I didn't think to check for football scores on a Friday at noon.

Richt doesn’t make a Bowl game with that FIU program. He doesn’t win 9 and 8 games back to back at FIU. But I get it. You have your head up your *** and don’t want to see Miami is arguably at its lowest point since 1997.

There was no playing with Butch’s contract. Miami had agreed to pay Butch enough to make him one of the highest paid coaches. Miami agreed to make the contract practically guaranteed. The only sticking point was the buyout. If Butch wanted to retire here, a buyout should not have been a sticking point. He wanted to keep his options open.

TOTAL BS... throw crap up to the ceiling and hope it sticks..
They strung him out like a string of lights.. until the last moment after the bowl game...

And highest paid coaches???? 🤣🤣🤣 you are really high on the BS machine..

PDee offered him 1 million... after his contract had expired and the Browns offered 5 million per year...

I’m all for Kiffen to UM as well. His culture is perfect for UM.

No. U must not have watched kiffin this year he screwed up the QB position more than richt. That 11 win season was in large part to kendal briles. Lane is good when he is locked in but he loses focus. I watched every fau home game and he had soms head scratching decisions

Butch? **** at this point I would of settled for monkey boy Schiano. We would of atleast won the coastal with him as our coach.

Advertisement
Back