Butch Davis would’ve had this team competing with Clemson

There was no playing with Butch’s contract. Miami had agreed to pay Butch enough to make him one of the highest paid coaches. Miami agreed to make the contract practically guaranteed. The only sticking point was the buyout. If Butch wanted to retire here, a buyout should not have been a sticking point. He wanted to keep his options open.

UM wanted the buyout all one-sided.

And look at what the dumbasses do for coaches ever since. Win two games - a five year extension and a reach-around.

Advertisement
UM wanted the buyout all one-sided.

And look at what the dumbasses do for coaches ever since. Win two games - a five year extension and a reach-around.

If he wanted to retire here, why wold he even care about the buyout anyways? You can't blame Miami front wanting Butch to leave and making it hard for him to leave, but again. If he wanted to retire here, why was the buyout such a big deal.

Advertisement
Learn how to read fvcktard. I said compete. They are far superior than us but I gaurantee we could play them and we would score more than 3 points ya.

Always enjoy reading a response from somebody with such a limited vocabulary. You can’t make your point intelligently, so you just resort to verbal abuse. Classic!

If he wanted to retire here, why wold he even care about the buyout anyways? You can't blame Miami front wanting Butch to leave and making it hard for him to leave, but again. If he wanted to retire here, why was the buyout such a big deal.

There's a concept of equity. Fairness. Which in turn implies a bit of trust.

UM thought they had Butch by the balls - and wanted to prove it.

Have you never bowed up to such a force - and taken the other road?

UM screwed itself. Butch screwed himself.

Time to get over it and get his *** back.

FIU looked pretty good today.

And Butch expends more energy on the sideline working his chewing gum than Richt has expended 24/7 in total since his arrival.

I don’t know about competing with Clemson this season. I do believe the Canes would have been better this season with Butch.

Advertisement
There's a concept of equity. Fairness. Which in turn implies a bit of trust.

UM thought they had Butch by the balls - and wanted to prove it.

Have you never bowed up to such a force - and taken the other road?

UM screwed itself. Butch screwed himself.

Time to get over it and get his *** back.

FIU looked pretty good today.

And Butch expends more energy on the sideline working his chewing gum than Richt has expended 24/7 in total since his arrival.

That's the excuse his lawyer used. Butch ultimately wanted to keep his options open The school kept caving into him. He was going to be one of the highest paid coaches. His contract was fully guaranteed. HIs lawyer was willing to give back some of the guaranteed money for a lower buyout. The hints to his true motives, which is why this wasn't about equity and negotiating in good faith. He wanted to keep his options open. He was ultimately going to go to the NFL.

Advertisement
He would’ve been cheap. He would’ve hired an elite staff where we would’ve had more money for top assistants. And our money and resources could’ve gone to other things other then our coaches retirement funds and staffing family members. Money could’ve been set aside for recruiting. And he would’ve hired an attacking defense and uptempo offense which is what Mack is doing at UNC. He’s the CEO and his staff is controlling both sides of the ball. That’s how it should be. I can’t wait for this clown Richt to be gone.

I dont doubt it one bit! On the other hand I always fall for these stupid hypothetical threads. Now I'm suffering from the chronic Richt Rolled Syndrome.

Advertisement
It’s so funny we always say we want recruits and players with the dog in them

But our coach has only ***** cat in him..
Butch was begging he had that dog in him... that’s why I think he would have been a better fit here than Richt

All you need to know about the Butch perception outside South Florida is he's gotten one sniff in the last 5-6 years. And that's from his butt boy at a bottom-run program, FIU. Don't like the man, but appreciate his work for the Canes. Just sad.

Mark richt punk-*** stated that he was willing to accept a offensive coordinator job. What a ******* loser.

Hey, just face reality. Both are now head coaches in Miami - one eating at Joe's Stone Crab & the other Captain D's. It is what it is.

Advertisement
Back