Butch Davis Update

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because he built the best team in history and has done nothing to prove to me he couldn't do it again
Did you ever actually watch him coach? How long ago was that? What did he do at UNC to prove he could do it again now. Times have changed. Recruiting has changed. There’s lots of young, innovative minds out there. Butch proved he could finally start winning when he had 17 first rounders. With all the bags in south Florida we need an offensive mind first. Then the recruits will come when we start becoming exciting and relevant again. The Butch train has passed.

Did you ever actually watch him coach? How long ago was that? What did he do at UNC to prove he could do it again now. Times have changed. Recruiting has changed. There’s lots of young, innovative minds out there. Butch proved he could finally start winning when he had 17 first rounders. With all the bags in south Florida we need an offensive mind first. Then the recruits will come when we start becoming exciting and relevant again. The Butch train has passed.
Yes I watched him coach again he may not be the best game day coach but who recruited and developed those 17 first rounders.And he had NC on the way up so what is your point there. The guy recruited and developed like no other just don't understand how any Cane fan could ever fatmouth Butch

Advertisement
Yes I watched him coach again he may not be the best game day coach but who recruited and developed those 17 first rounders.And he had NC on the way up so what is your point there. The guy recruited and developed like no other just don't understand how any Cane fan could ever fatmouth Butch

Thats a lot of past tense. 20 years ago i bet you could keep your **** up longer than 5 minutes. Time has passed...things change.

What NC on the way up?? He never won a NC.

Thats a lot of past tense. 20 years ago i bet you could keep your **** up longer than 5 minutes. Time has passed...things change.
Uh how do you know they changed for Butch what gives you a clue that it has. What coach would you bring here that has proven on the field he could do better.

Advertisement
What NC on the way up?? He never won a NC.
That's pretty weak he definitely improved NC and we got screwed in 2000 when they let a team we beat FSU play for the ship 2001 you can give to Coker if you choose to 02 well we know what happened there. Then ask yourself what has happened since Butch and his talent left. Really pretty simple my friend

That's pretty weak he definitely improved NC and we got screwed in 2000 when they let a team we beat FSU play for the ship 2001 you can give to Coker if you choose to 02 well we know what happened there. Then ask yourself what has happened since Butch and his talent left. Really pretty simple my friend
Nobody is saying he couldn’t recruit BACK THEN. But he couldn’t coach and still can’t. Recruiting landscape has changed. We don’t have 7 years to see if he can bring that level of talent in to win. We bring in an offensive mind on this team and we win tomorrow. That’s the point you are missing because you are so focused on Butch as the returning hero and savior.

Advertisement
Nobody is saying he couldn’t recruit BACK THEN. But he couldn’t coach and still can’t. Recruiting landscape has changed. We don’t have 7 years to see if he can bring that level of talent in to win. We bring in an offensive mind on this team and we win tomorrow. That’s the point you are missing because you are so focused on Butch as the returning hero and savior.
Ok, the #1 thing he could do is recruit and develope and ok on top of that he could hire a top OC so we would have the best of both worlds.

Advertisement
Back