Butch Davis to FIU?

Cane18

Freshman
Barry Jackson

• Butch Davis, who is close with FIU athletic director Pete Garcia, declined to rule out interest in the FIU job. Asked if he would possibly take that job, he said: “I love kids and coaching and if the right opportunity came around, I would consider returning.”

Advertisement
He was going to take the FIU job in 2012 but there were some odd contractual problems with UNC. IIRC he would have lost all buyout money if he took another FBS job.

Advertisement
Barry Jackson

• Butch Davis, who is close with FIU athletic director Pete Garcia, declined to rule out interest in the FIU job. Asked if he would possibly take that job, he said: “I love kids and coaching and if the right opportunity came around, I would consider returning.”

Holy fvck! That sounds exactly like what I've been trying to spoon feed the retards around here for a few years.

I mean it's exactly what his son told me and everyone else said I was delusional and crazy.

******* morans.

Butch Davis is a GOD!

I would laugh my *** off each time he beat the Canes.

That would be the only game I'd find humorous, but that would be hilarious.

And well deserved.

And well deserved.

We play FIU in 2018. Hmm, little surprised Miami would ever scuedule FIU again after the brawl.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Holy **** if i have to listen to you ******s circle jerk to butch davis beating conference usa teams i'm out.

Advertisement
LOL at anyone thinking he'd amount to jack crap at FIU. Butch's one quality was assembling talent, and ain't nobody dying to be a Golden Tiger for a washed up coach who hasn't been on the sidelines in over half a decade.

The Butch fanboys remain the most bizarre strain of the Miami fanbase.

LOL at anyone thinking he'd amount to jack crap at FIU. Butch's one quality was assembling talent, and ain't nobody dying to be a Golden Tiger for a washed up coach who hasn't been on the sidelines in over half a decade.

The Butch fanboys remain the most bizarre strain of the Miami fanbase.

LOL @ you for thinking he wouldn't. Butch's one quality was having an eye for talent. He would put a nice team together with the guys that slip through the cracks.

And well deserved.

We play FIU in 2018. Hmm, little surprised Miami would ever scuedule FIU again after the brawl.

Hopefully they bring back Lamar Thomas for the color commentary on the brawl part two.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIU–Miami_football_brawl

According to the wiki article Miami now requires any player involved in such a brawl to be suspended for the rest of the year. Not just one game. Dammit.

Honestly I thought the actions of Miami players during the brawl were 100% justified. The only thing I minded is that the players all got suspended for the Duke game and we almost lost as a result.

Last edited:
I love Butch, and I have no doubt he could get FIU to a bowl game, same as Schnelly did with FAU. But he wouldn't out recruit us for anyone we'd want, not with that school in that conference, so who gives a ****?

Advertisement
Back