Butch Davis questions Golden and direction of Miami football

If he would come back (midseason) I would retract all the bad things I said about and to him when he left for the Browns............and buy season tickets again..........

9 years a season ticket holder but nope not this year. I love the school, the team and the players but I refuse to support Al Goldens paycheck. I will go to games here and there but I will not renew my tickets this year and it sucks honestly. When I was offered my job 9 years ago to move to SFL, my first thought was I'm getting season tickets to the Hurricanes, another reason I took the job. And I thought it was bad with Randy...I covet those days. At least Jacory beat fsu at the Trailerpark, something Al will never do while at Miami.

Advertisement
If he would come back (midseason) I would retract all the bad things I said about and to him when he left for the Browns............and buy season tickets again..........

9 years a season ticket holder but nope not this year. I love the school, the team and the players but I refuse to support Al Goldens paycheck. I will go to games here and there but I will not renew my tickets this year and it sucks honestly. When I was offered my job 9 years ago to move to SFL, my first thought was I'm getting season tickets to the Hurricanes, another reason I took the job. And I thought it was bad with Randy...I covet those days. At least Jacory beat fsu at the Trailerpark, something Al will never do while at Miami.

He clearly said if Butch was the HC, he'd buy season tickets again. He didn't say he'd support Golden, he basically said the exact opposite.

I love Butch but I don't know if I agree that it's a talent issue. A better coach (than Golden) could have probably won the ACC with the talent we had last year. At a minimum we should have won the Coastal.

He bashes the coaches later in the article. He basically bashes anything that is within Golden's domain of responsibility.

He went wrist deep on Folden.

He clearly said if Butch was the HC, he'd buy season tickets again. He didn't say he'd support Golden, he basically said the exact opposite.

Sorry for the confusion on your part as I was basically agreeing with him and just giving my reasons of why I won't be buying season tix after 9 years straight.

Advertisement
no one looks at al golden and thinks he can out coach meyer, saban, miles, etc.

Every day that goes by it boggles my mind even more that this piece of **** is still employed. I challenge anyone to find a worse head coach at any major school, anywhere in the country. He makes the Charlie Weiss's of the world look like ******* geniuses.

Every day that goes by it boggles my mind even more that this piece of **** is still employed. I challenge anyone to find a worse head coach at any major school, anywhere in the country. He makes the Charlie Weiss's of the world look like ****ing geniuses.

100%

Every day that goes by it boggles my mind even more that this piece of **** is still employed. I challenge anyone to find a worse head coach at any major school, anywhere in the country. He makes the Charlie Weiss's of the world look like ******* geniuses.
We got guys talking about Saban and Meyer. Folden can't even compete with guys like London and Cryst.

This brings tears to my eyes. We got our favorite son hinting he waiting to be asked to come home and the evil stepmother and cronies rather see the house continue to crumble instead of letting him come home and remodel the place.

Advertisement
This brings tears to my eyes. We got our favorite son hinting he waiting to be asked to come home and the evil stepmother and cronies rather see the house continue to crumble instead of letting him come home and remodel the place.
LULZ at "hinting".

It's a different era... Recruiting And coaching costs are way up and there is more parity now than ever before. I'm not sure that Butch would be able to bring in a star studded coaching staff (but still would love to see him get another chance to be Butch)

If this post were a coach it would be Al golden. Smh.

It's a different era... Recruiting And coaching costs are way up and there is more parity now than ever before. I'm not sure that Butch would be able to bring in a star studded coaching staff (but still would love to see him get another chance to be Butch)

It's not as different as you think.

Back in the 90s, my HS weight room was 10x better than Miami's. FSU and Florida's facilities blew Miami's out of the water back 15 years ago. Players were enamored with facilities back then too, but Miami was actually kicking recruiting ***. It makes a helluva difference to recruits when they know your HC is a winner and knows how to develop talent. Miami hasn't had that since Butch left.

And Butch Davis was put on this Earth to be a boss recruiter. Davis is the one coach who can challenge Nick Saban as the top recruiter in the land.

26esquire is correct. It IS a different era now. Butch recruited before the internet. The days of finding under the radar kids is coming to an end. That said, I think Butch would walk in to Hecht with a certain amount of south Florida street cred that would help him initially. If he starts winning in year one or two, then the athletes will flow. So yes, it is different now but Butch will still have certain built-in advantages of most other coaches that UM would consider.

The crootin landscape is no different now than when Butch was at UNC. He was cleaning up finding the gems there and he of course would do the same here.

He would wreck shop back home at Miami. Butch is the best who's ever done it when it comes to NCAA football crootin.

Advertisement
The crootin landscape is no different now than when Butch was at UNC. He was cleaning up finding the gems there and he of course would do the same here.

He would wreck shop back home at Miami. Butch is the best who's ever done it when it comes to NCAA football crootin.

That's what I was thinking. I can't remember a coach who evaluates talent as well as Butch.

Ok here's the truth butch has already spoken with a Bot member. He's told them he's interested that's already known one thing raised a big flag butch told them he'd be willing to take the job for pennies. To which other board members thought if he wanted to be here long term why would he do that? They think he's trying to use Miami to get back into the nfl he's willing to take a HUGE pay cut like that. Again not my words. "We don't trust butch" directly from the Bot member I'm looking at him as he says this.

Ok here's the truth butch has already spoken with a Bot member. He's told them he's interested that's already known one thing raised a big flag butch told them he'd be willing to take the job for pennies. To which other board members thought if he wanted to be here long term why would he do that? They think he's trying to use Miami to get back into the nfl he's willing to take a HUGE pay cut like that. Again not my words. "We don't trust butch" directly from the Bot member I'm looking at him as he says this.
Does this same person trust Alfraud? Who constantly lies and tried to sneak off to Ped St

Advertisement

Folden begged pedo state to hire him, the BOT didn't seem to be too bothered about that, even after his team went out and **** the bed. 6 and ******* 7, with what looks like double digit NFL players.

What the **** do these people want? A mediocre coach who might get to 9 wins once every 4 or 5 years, but will stick around for a decade or two because no one wants him, or a great coach who wins a NC in year 3 and bolts for a better job? Heaven for bid the BOT, AD and President have to actually do their job and hire a competent coach every 4 or 5 years, after the previous one does so well the NFL wants him. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be for them to have to do their ******* jobs. It must be almost impossible to hire a good coach, because they've ****ed up the last 3. No wonder they don't want to have to do it again.

Stick with the guy who you know what he will give you, the guy who is the same guy everyday, Mr. Consistency, Mr. Mediocre.

That's what I was thinking. I can't remember a coach who evaluates talent as well as Butch.

He's elite in that regard. Dropping a guy like that into the most talent rich region in the country will get miami alot of wins.

He's elite in that regard. Dropping a guy like that into the most talent rich region in the country will get miami alot of wins.

Jimmy was the best. He was uncanny.

Here's the truth. Get back to rehab. The above is 100% bullfinch.

Advertisement
Back