Butch Davis on 790theTicket at 7:00pm

Advertisement
Advertisement
Butch is killing it. Says UM is a great opportunity. Says everything he learned about how to go into homes and compete against national coaches, about how to coach and how to win super bowls, all of it had its roots in Miami. Knows there is negativity, but you can't let that hold you back. Says he absolutely wants to coach the Canes. Says recruiting is something he always enjoyed... going out and finding guys, then putting together a staff of assistants to teach and help those guys reach their potential. Said age is just a number - it's about the passion. Said Coach K just won 2 national championships and he's several years older. Says espn has been a great opportunity to travel and talk to coaches around the country. Said it was great to go out and talk with Wittingham and see Harbaugh's first game at Michigan. Says he's gonna give Finebaum a piece of his mind the next time he sees him.

Just knocked it out of the park.

I wanna read another mope talk about he's too old.... Coach K just handed the entire field of 64 their a$$e$ in their hands and looks to be on his way to winning at least one more. WHY NOT BUTCH?

and what does coach k do that butch does? recruit the elite players n bust ***, its something u cant teach u either have it or u dont

On top of all of that...Butch still has something to prove. He left before the 'Canes won the 'ship. You know he wants to hoist that 'ship before all is said and done.

Advertisement
He did say how good Dorsey was doing with Newton and that the next logical step for him is as an OC....

Did he confirm he's coming back yet?

Negative.

Dorsey is ready to be an OC. Will be interviewing for OC jobs this off season. Butch has deep ties, if he's the HC he'll have a good staff.

Advertisement
Love that he gives neither FSU nor UF ANY props. When asked who was toughest coaches to prepare for he says VT and Syracuse. We MUST hire Butch Davis. It's a no brainier

Love that he gives neither FSU nor UF ANY props. When asked who was toughest coaches to prepare for he says VT and Syracuse. We MUST hire Butch Davis. It's a no brainier

Everyone except the people who call the shots can see this.. Unreal

Advertisement
I thought he quit doing media because he was already hired.

I've been trying to keep his interviews updated in this thread for a few weeks. He was also on ESPN last week and will be going up to Bristol next week for the games. He talks about it in the last above linked interview.

So, I don't know where the "he isn't doing media appearances" think is coming from.

Advertisement
Back