Butch Davis holds first spring game as head coach of FIU Pan

Advertisement
Was studying on campus Friday and went by to check out Butch and watch a little football. That team is more garbage than a landfill with the exception of like 2.5 players. Anthony Jones was making people look stupid with his ability to shift and has elite speed based on how slow everyone else looked. I think the kid could have played here behind Walton or maybe even be on the same level. Could have really used him this year.

A wide receiver named Malony was also making some really nice catches, reminded me of Berrios. And some other kid a WR named Owens was also making really nice catches. The rest of the team is full of scrubs that wouldn't make it on UM's practice squad. It's going to take Butch a long time (at least 3 years) before he can put them contention for the conference. He needs to get rid of Turners guys.

It was very hard to stay engaged in the game. Snooze fest for 90% of the time

Where were u sitting? I was alone on my sideline.

He wasn't on the sideline. I picked him up from the JCC after mat drills and we just drove by very slowly.

We were in the jacked up F250 that kept doing laps

50 yard line about 10 rows up. Right behind Butch! I think he noticed me. I was the only guy with a singlet on. Didn't have time to stop home after mat drills.

Sorry about the coconut oil in your truck btw

Last edited:
Was studying on campus Friday and went by to check out Butch and watch a little football. That team is more garbage than a landfill with the exception of like 2.5 players. Anthony Jones was making people look stupid with his ability to shift and has elite speed based on how slow everyone else looked. I think the kid could have played here behind Walton or maybe even be on the same level. Could have really used him this year.

A wide receiver named Malony was also making some really nice catches, reminded me of Berrios. And some other kid a WR named Owens was also making really nice catches. The rest of the team is full of scrubs that wouldn't make it on UM's practice squad. It's going to take Butch a long time (at least 3 years) before he can put them contention for the conference. He needs to get rid of Turners guys.

It was very hard to stay engaged in the game. Snooze fest for 90% of the time

Where were u sitting? I was alone on my sideline.

He wasn't on the sideline. I picked him up from the JCC after mat drills and we just drove by very slowly.

We were in the jacked up F250 that kept doing laps

50 yard line about 10 rows up. Right behind Butch! I think he noticed me. I was the only guy with a singlet on. Didn't have time to stop home after mat drills.

Sorry about the coconut oil in your truck btw

Silverado? Yeah that was me.

You weren't the only one with a singlet on.

Advertisement
I wish Butch all the good luck in the world - he has helped our team twice - as a DC and HC
- But this will not end well

The level of competition for D1 talent in Florida is off the charts - FIU is behind at least 5 other Florida schools not to mention all the SEC schools coming to town

I wish Butch all the good luck in the world - he has helped our team twice - as a DC and HC
- But this will not end well

The level of competition for D1 talent in Florida is off the charts - FIU is behind at least 5 other Florida schools not to mention all the SEC schools coming to town

FIU ain't worried about the sec or the big three in the state. They know they're not taking anyone from those schools. FIU is in Miami and as we all know, south Florida is full of talent. All they have to do is load up with the 3 star left overs and concentrate on coaching these kids to their full potential. Conference USA is a bigger joke than almost the sunbelt. Shouldn't be so hard.

Advertisement
Back