Butch Davis as DC?

snowmoney

Redshirt Freshman
I know everybody wants Butch as the Head Coach, but a lot of rumors are going around about the school not wanting to hire him. What would you guys think if the next head coach brought him on as a DCoordinator/Asst. Head Coach??? Just a thought and wanted to see everyone's opinion.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What do you guys see as a REALISTIC coaching staff?

HC/OC - Tom Herman
DC - Randy Shannon
QB/Co-Offensive Coord. - James Coley (I actually think we should keep him...great at finding QB's and does well at recruiting)
RB - Clinton Portis or keep Ice Harris
WR - Lamar Thomas
TE - Larry Scott
OL - ??
LB - Michael Barrow (Maybe he comes back now that Golden is gone)
DL - Kevin Patrick
DB - ANYBODY is better than Paul Williams

Pagano HC Butch DC and I'd be in heaven.

Want him in charge but let him be in charge of recruiting and development and I'll live with it. Don't know if Pagano can match Butch in hiring assistants but I'm sure he will want his input.

Pagano hired Bruce Arians to be his OC. I think that's a pretty solid hire, wouldn't you agree?

Yes but how many has Butch hired? Also, Pagano hired Arians laterally from NFL. Butch hired them in college, groomed them and made them become what they are. Huge difference.

Last edited:

HC/OC - Tom Herman
DC - Randy Shannon
QB/Co-Offensive Coord. - James Coley (I actually think we should keep him...great at finding QB's and does well at recruiting)
WR - Lamar Thomas
TE - Larry Scott
OL - ??
DL - Kevin Patrick

Defensive coordinator list
Randy Shannon
Ed Oregeron
Michael barrow

Want him in charge but let him be in charge of recruiting and development and I'll live with it. Don't know if Pagano can match Butch in hiring assistants but I'm sure he will want his input.

Pagano hired Bruce Arians to be his OC. I think that's a pretty solid hire, wouldn't you agree?

Yes but how many has Butch hired?

Butch was a HC for three teams spanning 2 decades. Pagano, one of those assistants Butch identified, has been a HC for 4 seasons. In 15 years and 2 other gigs later, I'll answer your question.

Advertisement

Yes but how many has Butch hired?

Butch was a HC for three teams spanning 2 decades. Pagano, one of those assistants Butch identified, has been a HC for 4 seasons. In 15 years and 2 other gigs later, I'll answer your question.

See my edit in previous post. I agree Pagano doesn't have a comparable resume yet but that's the point. We HAVE to get it right this time and right is Butch Davis.

Yes but how many has Butch hired? Also, Pagano hired Arians laterally from NFL. Butch hired them in college, groomed them and made them become what they are. Huge difference.

Butch hired Arians as OC in 2001 @ Cleveland

HC/OC - Tom Herman
DC - Randy Shannon
WR - Lamar Thomas
TE - Larry Scott
OL - ??
DL - Kevin Patrick

Add rumph

you guys think they’ll bring shannon back?! the **** are you guys smoking ha. great DC but you don’t come back after the way he left

Advertisement

Butch hired Arians as OC in 2001 @ Cleveland

Didn't know that, and that promotes Butch even more. The man knows players and coaches, best in the business.

Advertisement
Back