Butch Barry

AD1CF182-85A2-4347-9EFE-6CDC5B75BC1B.gif

Advertisement
Half of those sacks are on Barry!
Half are on the O-Line!
Half are on The QB!
And the last Half is on Enos play calling!

YES I KNOW THAT I QUOTED 4 HALVES, BUT WE WERE REALLY BAD IN THIS AREA.

The majority of the sacks are on 2 people, the dumb *** oc and feeble minded jw15. When an oc is calling for 5 to 7 step drops with play-action passing in the 1st game out the gate with 2 True freshmen at tackle, of course that happened. And jw15 standing around in the pocket clueless than a **** getting sacked lol.

Didnt Stoutland have to play Pipho his first year here? I remember blaming him for those terrible lines also.. Probably Randy best hire.. Dude was a great oline coach

Should absolutely be fired after the bowl game. 127th out of 130 in sacks allowed with an OL littered with 4 star talent. Enos has his shortcomings for sure, and he was the one who hired him in the first place, but I highly doubt we look as bad as we did offensively with marginal line play.

I'll never understand the decision to throw two freshman tackles to the wolves against UF and that should have been a fireable offense in its own right. He got Jalen Rivers to commit but aside from that, he's been extremely mediocre on the recruiting trail as well. I see no reason to bring him back.
Steve Addazio all day. I'd do it before the bowl.

Not making any excuses for or against staff changes. I will say this it's very hard to evaluate an assistant who's coordinator runs a system that's ill-suited to the talent he has at his disposal. Next, he has no talent along the OL. Scaife is your best OL, he has 2-3 mental lapses each game, Nelson shouldn't even be playing, Donaldson won't put the work in to get into shape to play effectively and those are starters. OL recruitment has been pathetic, to say the least. What going to change with a new coach? Make no mistake, when you hire another OL coach they're going to be paying attention to the roster because their success is predicated on kid's talent and work ethic.

Advertisement
Should absolutely be fired after the bowl game. 127th out of 130 in sacks allowed with an OL littered with 4 star talent. Enos has his shortcomings for sure, and he was the one who hired him in the first place, but I highly doubt we look as bad as we did offensively with marginal line play.

I'll never understand the decision to throw two freshman tackles to the wolves against UF and that should have been a fireable offense in its own right. He got Jalen Rivers to commit but aside from that, he's been extremely mediocre on the recruiting trail as well. I see no reason to bring him back.

I would go with this if I knew we wouldn't continue the standard merry go round of average meh coaching hires.

Might as well as well let this guy build his thing I guess....otherwise we start all over with a candidate on the same level since we don't go after top notch coaching.

UM

Oline was terrible before berry got here.need to visit Wisconsin see how they do it.hardest and longest development area is the oline.

Not making any excuses for or against staff changes. I will say this it's very hard to evaluate an assistant who's coordinator runs a system that's ill-suited to the talent he has at his disposal. Next, he has no talent along the OL. Scaife is your best OL, he has 2-3 mental lapses each game, Nelson shouldn't even be playing, Donaldson won't put the work in to get into shape to play effectively and those are starters. OL recruitment has been pathetic, to say the least. What's going to change with a new coach? Make no mistake, when you hire another OL coach they're going to be paying attention to the roster because their success is predicated on kid's talent and work ethic.

Advertisement
Enos and Barry both absolutely need to go.

Enos was hired as some "quarterback whisperer" because of one good season at Alabama working with Heisman-caliber guys like Tagovailoa and Hurts—and given an unprecedented (by UM standards) $1.2 to 1.5M to revamp this offense—and he's grossly underachieved; trying to out-clever the competition instead of taking what's there, as well as continuing to run long-developing plays, despite knowing his offensive line is trash and his quarterbacks too green to make good decisions under pressure.

The only reason Barry got the job is due to his ties to Enos at CMU—so if the OC goes, his garbage OL pal needs to kick rocks, as well.

If Manolo doesn't punt on these two dead weight clowns, he's taking one step closer to wrecking this dream job opportunity. Period.

Enos and Barry both absolutely need to go.

Enos was hired as some "quarterback whisperer" because of one good season at Alabama working with Heisman-caliber guys like Tagovailoa and Hurts—and given an unprecedented (by UM standards) $1.2 to 1.5M to revamp this offense—and he's grossly underachieved; trying to out-clever the competition instead of taking what's there, as well as continuing to run long-developing plays, despite knowing his offensive line is trash and his quarterbacks too green to make good decisions under pressure.

The only reason Barry got the job is due to his ties to Enos at CMU—so if the OC goes, his garbage OL pal needs to kick rocks, as well.

If Manolo doesn't punt on these two dead weight clowns, he's taking one step closer to wrecking this dream job opportunity. Period.

29531E44-24A0-4873-8AA7-CC9CD09A546B.jpeg

Semper Canes!!!

O-line recruiting is still a crapshoot across the country, no one has really figured it out besides Bama, UGA & OU who have bags to help them, your best hope is to get a technician as a coach and recruit jumbo athletes regardless of stars
Add Wisconsin in there as well

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back