Butch Barry

Should absolutely be fired after the bowl game. 127th out of 130 in sacks allowed with an OL littered with 4 star talent. Enos has his shortcomings for sure, and he was the one who hired him in the first place, but I highly doubt we look as bad as we did offensively with marginal line play.

I'll never understand the decision to throw two freshman tackles to the wolves against UF and that should have been a fireable offense in its own right. He got Jalen Rivers to commit but aside from that, he's been extremely mediocre on the recruiting trail as well. I see no reason to bring him back.

Advertisement
Should absolutely be fired after the bowl game. 127th out of 130 in sacks allowed with an OL littered with 4 star talent. Enos has his shortcomings for sure, and he was the one who hired him in the first place, but I highly doubt we look as bad as we did offensively with marginal line play.

I'll never understand the decision to throw two freshman tackles to the wolves against UF and that should have been a fireable offense in its own right. He got Jalen Rivers to commit but aside from that, he's been extremely mediocre on the recruiting trail as well. I see no reason to bring him back.

Zion Nelson 2*
Jakai Clark 3*
Corey Gaynor 3*
Donaldson 4*
Scaife 4*

2 4* = littered with 4 stars

Advertisement
Zion Nelson 2*
Jakai Clark 3*
Corey Gaynor 3*
Donaldson 4*
Scaife 4*

2 4* = littered with 4 stars
What’s funny is the highest ranked guys besides scaife are Herbert and Donaldson. Donaldson is bad and fat. Herbert is a straight up turnstile man. God that duke game made me wanna puke

Anybody noticed we just have terrible talent at oline, we ned to get better recruits , but thats hard cause none of our oline go high in the draft, so we have a hard time selling these kids anything and our last first round olinemen was ereck flowers and he was a bust

Advertisement
O-line recruiting is still a crapshoot across the country, no one has really figured it out besides Bama, UGA & OU who have bags to help them, your best hope is to get a technician as a coach and recruit jumbo athletes regardless of stars

Enos and Barry both absolutely need to go.

Enos was hired as some "quarterback whisperer" because of one good season at Alabama working with Heisman-caliber guys like Tagovailoa and Hurts—and given an unprecedented (by UM standards) $1.2 to 1.5M to revamp this offense—and he's grossly underachieved; trying to out-clever the competition instead of taking what's there, as well as continuing to run long-developing plays, despite knowing his offensive line is trash and his quarterbacks too green to make good decisions under pressure.

The only reason Barry got the job is due to his ties to Enos at CMU—so if the OC goes, his garbage OL pal needs to kick rocks, as well.

If Manolo doesn't punt on these two dead weight clowns, he's taking one step closer to wrecking this dream job opportunity. Period.

It's amazing how bad Hillary looked when he came in against Duke. If Hillary is UM caliber then Barry failed miserably with him. But as bad as he looked I am not sure we can say for sure he is worthy of playing for Miami.

Heads got to roll, our offensive line shouldn’t look THIS bad, it was equivalent to FSU’s 2017/2018 oline for much of the season

Advertisement
Enos and Barry both absolutely need to go.

Enos was hired as some "quarterback whisperer" because of one good season at Alabama working with Heisman-caliber guys like Tagovailoa and Hurts—and given an unprecedented (by UM standards) $1.2 to 1.5M to revamp this offense—and he's grossly underachieved; trying to out-clever the competition instead of taking what's there, as well as continuing to run long-developing plays, despite knowing his offensive line is trash and his quarterbacks too green to make good decisions under pressure.

The only reason Barry got the job is due to his ties to Enos at CMU—so if the OC goes, his garbage OL pal needs to kick rocks, as well.

If Manolo doesn't punt on these two dead weight clowns, he's taking one step closer to wrecking this dream job opportunity. Period.

I could read your sweet musings all day long.

:)

Advertisement
Butch Barry may suck, he may not. It's pretty hard to tell with the playcalling, scheme, and the players he has under his tutelage. I think Barry is gone but I also think unless the team goes out and picks up 1 of a handful available truly proven offensive line coaches the difference next year will be minimal.

The most experienced lineman at Miami is Tommy Kennedy (3rd string senior Richt brought in). Followed by overweight and regressing Donaldson (starting Junior) . Gaynor has the next most starting time then Traore (2nd string Sophomore who played JUCO). Nelson and Clark were never planned to be starters by anyone. Campbell (redshirt freshman) was awful at right tackle but might be able to play guard.

Teams that start true freshmen or redshirt freshmen on the offensive line usually have redshirt juniors and redshirt seniors surrounding them and backing them up. At Miami the worst players are apparently the oldest and most experienced and struggle to be in the 2 deep. It's a very messed up situation. Hillery, Kennedy, and Herbert have all looked terrible, so the coaches go to the young guys who have little experience, 0-2 years of strength training, minimal development, and who struggle recognizing stunts or knowing who to block.

No one wants to hear it but Mahoney leaving, Boulware going "pro", guys like Reed quitting the team, and guys like Milo (left), Hillery, Kennedy, and Herbert being god awful has really hurt this program. The staff also failed to get guys to transfer here like Parker Braun (All ACC guard from GT). Thats 7 players who can't be relied on today who should be in the 2 deep competing for starting time consistently.

At some point fans need to realize the next shiny offensive line coach or highly rated freshman isn't the savior. This program needs to get to the point of starting fully developed Juniors and Seniors on the offensive line and bringing in young players slowly to take over a spot early if they can. The team needs to be able to develop the players they take at the very least to be average - and this program has been a massive failure at that for years now. Gaynor might be the only success story today of taking the time and developing an offensive lineman to eventually start and it's not like he's amazing.

Last edited:
OL go to schools that produce NFL talent. NFL evaluators dislike spread offense OL because they aren't scheme developed by 2 read spread blocking. Our OLine improved well enough that we are trending in the right direction. OL recruits will follow once this current group shows the extent of maturation over two off seasons and a season in the fire.

But that takes time sorry.

Advertisement
Back