Butch Barry out Garin Justise in at OL

Interesting looking dude. Looks like he's the child of Gary Busey and Art Kehoe. He's relatively overachieving on the wife front and I'm almost certain I played beer pong at Round Up against him and several other WVU linemen back in the day. Therefore....I'm cautiously optimistic about this hire.

View attachment 108175
that's not his wife. that's a fan. the wife is on the leash that he is holding in his right hand, but not pictured for obvious reasons.

Advertisement
Some of y'all saying he has a better resume than Searles and Barry... Lol let's be realistic here, Barry was in the NFL and Searles had a 20 years of experience alot in the SEC..

With that being said, I do like the hire. Out side of the box of a lifelong OL coach. Provides more value to the team then just having experience as a OL coach. I like that he was the only coach that Kiffin retained at FAU, shows me he's well respected.

I just hope he takes recruiting more serious than the other two..
He definitely has a better resume then Barry but not a Searles. An assistant position coach in the NFL doesn't mean much

Don’t know anything about him so won’t even judge. Can’t be worse than Barry, but then again I said the same thing about Searles. Need at least one more change on offense. We need stumblefield out. We’re going to strike out on every SFL receiver in next year’s loaded class.

As for defense, if Manny wants to crash and burn with his boys, so be it.

Advertisement
1578767941916.png

Guy is clearly an ace recruiter.

Landed a 5-star wife despite having a D2 face.

Advertisement
Interesting looking dude. Looks like he's the child of Gary Busey and Art Kehoe. He's relatively overachieving on the wife front and I'm almost certain I played beer pong at Round Up against him and several other WVU linemen back in the day. Therefore....I'm cautiously optimistic about this hire.

View attachment 108175
6 t
He's holding a dog leash but where's the dog? Need to see the dog, know what breed.

Barry was an Assistant offensive line coach in the NFL for 4 years and a college offensive line coach for 1 year at central Michigan. I can’t find his other stops but at CMU he coached tight ends most of the time.

Professional coaching is great but he was the assistant coach. George Warhop was the offensive line coach and run game coordinator - his resume includes multiple stops as offensive line coach at the college and professional level. Barry was his assistant.

Where does hiring an OC who didn’t even call the plays at his former employer rank here?

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Highsmith has the qualifications to be an AD, that would be the move. These directors of operations positions are mostly "advisory" and still need approval from an AD. But, just having Alonzo as an official UM administrator would help...I agree

Advertisement
Back