Butch as DC?, Asst. HC, Recruiting Director...

This highly improbable wet dream scenario of having the best of both worlds is getting shot down by a very weird sect of anti Butch cultists who feel threatened somehow by his freckled existence.

I don't get it one bit. If a split fan base is the only reaon then wtf? There won't be a split when were winning 12 games a year.

They rallied so hard against him, it's just a battle cry at this point.

Weird thing is when Richt gained traction a few days ago they were all up in here ****ting on him and suddenly promoting Butch.

I think some people just like to lose so they can be the victim. Winning NC after NC would derail their narrative.

Advertisement
It would be a really dumb move. The Butch cult would flip out at any sign of adversity and start calling for him to be handed HC duties and for Richt to be his OC. That would be the ultimate fck up to put Butch on the staff.

If Richt sucks we're going to call for his head anyway.

You new bro?

I LOVE Butch for what he built here. But, c'mon, move the f on. It's ridiculous at this point.

It would be a really dumb move. The Butch cult would flip out at any sign of adversity and start calling for him to be handed HC duties and for Richt to be his OC. That would be the ultimate fck up to put Butch on the staff.

There would be no adversity. We'd be Bama. It would be unfair to the college football world.

Advertisement

There would be no adversity. We'd be Bama. It would be unfair to the college football world.

THIS. It would be absolutely CRIMINAL to have both of them on the same staff. There'd be soo much talent that we be the CFB version of parker Lewis...."can't lose"!!!

This highly improbable wet dream scenario of having the best of both worlds is getting shot down by a very weird sect of anti Butch cultists who feel threatened somehow by his freckled existence.

It's such a tiny grp it's irrelevant. I highly doubt Davis joins this staff...stranger stuff has happened though.

Think its incredibly unlikely that Butch is even given a chance at DC here.
He would be a beast as a member of the staff and recruiting director in some way though.

You new bro?

Hopefully, you're smart enough to realize the difference between calling for the head of a failing coach and having the guy a majority of dopey fans wanted to be HC lurking over his shoulder on his staff, bro. Little different isn't it, bro?

Advertisement

You new bro?

Hopefully, you're smart enough to realize the difference between calling for the head of a failing coach and having the guy a majority of dopey fans wanted to be HC lurking over his shoulder on his staff, bro. Little different isn't it, bro?

Not a good scenario for the minority of dopey fans either.

It's as likely as Richt resigning and saying Miami would be better with Butch as it's coach

No thanks.

Only will create division among fans and possibly locker room when/if things go badly.

Some of you all need to get over it and move on.

The only division would be with the idiots who object to Butch in any capacity. Mark might not want him and Butch might not be willing to do it, but only the most foolish fans would object to having top defensive coach who help create our famed 4-3 who is the greatest talent builder in history feeding recruits to an exceptional closer who is an excellent offensive coach who also happens to have been involved the Canes' creation of modern college football.

Advertisement

You new bro?

So let them *****. Who cares?

All of this is under the pretense that Butch wants to be the DC, which is doubtful. But If he brings in a DC better then Butch then I have no complaint.

If the defense sucks next year schematically and he passed on Butch to save a headache then we're letting the BBB crowd actively make the team worse.

Just seems like the reward far outweighs the risk.

When I see threads like this, I'm reminded of Forgetting Sarah Marshall. "It's like the Sopranos. It's over. Find a new show."

Advertisement
BBB has been rebranded Bye Bye Butch do i need to fly a ******* banner so you slurpers get the memo?

Former Golden slurpers hate Butch Davis. They have an identity crisis. Great posts Orangetie and GatorHater, the reward far outweighs the supposed *politically* based risk. I can't these Corporate aesthetic obsessed Canes fans, everything that makes sense and promotes our essence of being dominant bothers them just like the media. Their responses to these hypothetical pro possible dominance/everyone can win posts are the exact same as any of these questions being posed to Lou Holtz, Finnebaum, Rece Davis, and the rest of our haters.

They say the same things as those talking heads! "The guy would have to look over his shoulder for Pete's Sake..." SUCKAS!

Defeatist mentality. Always preparing to lose, thinking negatively, and following the corporate model that fits everyone else but Us. We became dominant by going against the status quo, not immersing ourselves in it.

The fabled myth of Butch Davis has got to be the pinnacle of stupidity for this fanbase. It's like Chicken Little in reverse where 1 moron starts screaming about Butch Davis and eventually everyone joins him in unison without giving it a 2nd thought. I can't wait for the day when these idiots find something else to consume their atrophied brains.

Advertisement
Back