Other Sports But can he play linebacker? [Weatherford Pitcher Gone Krazy]

Exactly my point. You cared enough to type up your uniformed post and tag all 3 of us, but once you were confronted about your post and realized you had no leg to stand on. Now its "IDC enough about this!".

Some good friends could teach you not to start arguing about things you know nothing about.

If you think I care about your "bona fides" on the subject of hand to hand combat, you are delusional. I am just commenting so others can get some real information on the subject not "if you aren't uncoordinated enough to not get blindsided by some pitcher, then you must be a ninja from Okinawa".
Exhibit E.

You are screaming into the void. Even cared enough about my opinion to come back and edit. Sad.

Advertisement
Exhibit E.

You are screaming into the void. Even cared enough about my opinion to come back and edit. Sad.
I edited because I had a spelling error. As a mod you can go back and check what my original comment was. It was exactly the same with one letter changed.
I am not screaming into anything. I am rationally dropping facts. You are the one trying to do a character assassination since you have no facts to drop.

I have plenty of friends.

Everything I said was 100% accurate. Just because you personally would have gotten caught off guard by that kid, doesn't mean everyone in the world would.

You are speaking on a topic you know nothing about.

You don't see me getting into arguments with anyone on here about the technique aspects of our QB play or any other position for that matter, because I know very little about the technical parts of this since I never played past HS and never had great coaching since I grew up in NYC.

You, on the other hand, know literally nothing about fighting, yet are arguing with someone who has trained in MAs in one way or another for close to
I edited because I had a spelling error. As a mod you can go back and check what my original comment was. It was exactly the same with one letter changed.
I am not screaming into anything. I am rationally dropping facts. You are the one trying to do a character assassination since you have no facts to drop.
I don’t think they are facts. Players are not keeping their heads on a swivel thinking about the pitcher spearing them. This is baseball. If this was football, wrestling, mma or any other contact sport then, yes. The kid is trotting around slapping hands with 3rd base coach and probably watching his teammates in the dugout. Not everyone is trained in the arts like yourself and prepared for every scenario, and especially in baseball.

I don’t think they are facts. Players are not keeping their heads on a swivel thinking about the pitcher spearing them. This is baseball. If this was football, wrestling, mma or any other contact sport then, yes. The kid is trotting around slapping hands with 3rd base coach and probably watching his teammates in the dugout. Not everyone is trained in the arts like yourself and prepared for every scenario, and especially in baseball.
I disagree with your first sentence, but agree with most of the rest. If the player literally didn't see the pitcher until he already made contact, then that is not his fault(other than the fact that he must have 0 awareness skills and may need to get a hearing aid). But he does react to the pitcher, prior to him actually making contact with him. He could have easily dropped into a takedown or numerous other responses. But instead he just sort of rolls his shoulder up and leans back. Sort of like how a little kid reacts when you hid behind the doorway and jump out at him.

I am not saying everyone in the world should be able to dodge that. I was arguing with people who seem to think that unless you make it through the 35 chambers of the shaolin temple you can't dodge something like that.

I'd have blocked him with my left hand whilst smacking him with an open hand from my right. Then I'd have used my keen hapkido skills to grab his hand and flip him using just his wrist. I could easily have done this with just a split second warning out of the corner of my eye because I keep my mad skillz sharp by playing Fruit Ninja, not the little phone version like low T puzzies, but the giant arcade version. It's a total body workout.

Dude, you are one badass ****.

We need to get together and take it off some sweet jumps.

Advertisement
Florida's a pretty good wrestling State also. If UM started a wrestling program it wouldn't take long to be competitive.
They are pretty solid, but nothing like how it is in OH, PA, NJ, IA, MN, NY, IL etc. Cali is up there, but thats just because they are a huge state. Florida is a huge state too, but doesn't come close per capita to those other states. Its an indoor sport, so that big advantage of playing ball or running track all year round doesn't really apply to them in wrestling. But I agree, if UM started a wrestling team, they would get pretty solid pretty quickly, especially because there aren't any D1 teams in Florida.

Advertisement
Apparently the runner got a 2 game suspension for taunting and everyone that came off the bench got a 2 game suspension also. NCTC may have to forfeit the next two games to Weatherford.

Apparently the runner got a 2 game suspension for taunting and everyone that came off the bench got a 2 game suspension also. NCTC may have to forfeit the next two games to Weatherford.

I knew he had to be talking shlt to him all the way to third base. I’m not justifying what the pitcher did, but these things don’t happen in a vacuum.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back