..but but CIS poRsters said Garcia is locked in with USC ...lol

Advertisement
Hopefully king has a big year and we make another run at Davis or a qb with his skill set then add a transfer.

I’ve never been big on Garcia in this system , dude isn’t a good athlete.
Recent quotes from scouts, "has improved athletically", "exeptional mobility in the pocket", "solid athletic ability to be able to escape and make throws on the run."

Sounds good to me.

No way this kid can every say he wasn't shown love.

"There is one guy Plantation American Heritage five-star athlete James Williams said when InsideTheU asked him about somebody he wants alongside him in this class.

Valdosta (Ga.) High Top247 quarterback and USC commit Jake Garcia.

“That’s who I want. That’s who I need and I ain’t stopping until I get him. Jake Garcia,” Williams said following American Heritages season opening 7-3 win over Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna Prep."

OK, no problem. Sometimes these threads slip past Page 1, and everyone forgets about stuff.

I think I'm just stuck in a frustration-cycle right now with a certain type of porster, the guy who slags Matocha/Garcia when we have, literally, no other options on the table right now. And a couple of certifiable lunatics (Perry, Martell) on the roster.

This guy made a good point about Martell...

Some of y’all are such extremists

I’ve said before, Garcia has the talent but I’m always iffy with someone (especially QB) who transfers that much. Red flag in my opinion.

I like TVD and think he definitely has the opportunity and ability to be the guy moving forward. BUT y’all putting all your eggs in one basket is the exact reason we’re in this situation. You get the best players and QBs you can get every cycle. You don’t pass on top kids because you THINK a player on your team can run the show. You bring them in and you let them compete. It’s that simple.

Advertisement
Just because a QB is a 3-star doesn't mean they're not good.

The NFL & college football is littered with 3-star QB's who have excelled & been highly productive, including USC's current starter QB Kedon Slovis who beat out the 5-star QB who was the incumbent starter ahead of him.

The last 2 NFL MVP's were 3-star QB's in High school.

- Anthony Gordon threw for 5,579yds 48TD's & 16INT's last year, he was an unraked 0-star QB who went JUCO before Wash St.
- Cole McDonald threw for 4,135yds 33TD's 14INT's, he was a 2-star 79 coming out of HS
- Josh Love threw for 3,923yds 22TD's & 8INT's, he was a low rated 80 3-star coming out of HS
- Trey Lance threw for 2,786yds 28TD's 0INT's & rushed for 1,100yds 14TD's, he was a low rated 81 3-star coming out of HS
- Stephen "Buck" Calvert threw for 3,663yds 28TD's & 7INT's, he was a low rated 80 3-star coming out of HS
- Dillon Gabriel threw for 3,653yds 29TD's & 7INT's as a TF, he was 3-star coming out of HS
- Brock Purdy threw for 3,982yds 27TD's & 9INT's as a Red Frosh, he was an 85 3-star coming out of HS

Point being, just because you're a 3-star QB doesn't disqualify you from being able to be a good & highly productive QB & just because a QB is a high rated 5/4-star doesn't automatically mean they're going to be either.

Stars are irrelevant when it comes to QB, system & development matters more.

Garcia may turn out to be a great QB, but everyone doesn't have to be in love with him just because of his ranking.
5 star QB Tate Martell fully endorses this post

Some of y’all are such extremists

I’ve said before, Garcia has the talent but I’m always iffy with someone (especially QB) who transfers that much. Red flag in my opinion.

I like TVD and think he definitely has the opportunity and ability to be the guy moving forward. BUT y’all putting all your eggs in one basket is the exact reason we’re in this situation. You get the best players and QBs you can get every cycle. You don’t pass on top kids because you THINK a player on your team can run the show. You bring them in and you let them compete. It’s that simple.
Most of his transfers were do to situations beyond his control.

Advertisement
Nothing ever materialized with this guy... We give this guy way to much attention on Twitter and he's not even interested or he would of committed already. Tbh I think TVD was the better QB prospect. Bigger, Faster and stronger. Garcia is just more polished but TVD is more physically gifted.

If TVD can’t beat out Perry then we have serious problems.
agree. I don't think that's what is going on. I think Lashlee isn't rushing him on the field. He's making sure he is ready with not just the playbook but with all the other small things his QB needs to know.

I also think Kosi has gotten the #2 job initially because he does have experience and he has been a good teammate. No reason not to leave him at #2 right now. Gives TVD more time to get adjusted, etc.

I hope TVD gets some reps soon.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back