Bush's family does not know where he's going

datcaneguy

Senior
What school are you going to?" Gary Bush asked.

I'll let you know when I announce, deon responded with a smile.*

Yes, even Bush's family is in the dark.

Everybody keeps asking do I know, gary said. Your guess is better than mine. I didn't even get a hint.

There will be an entourage of 35 Bush family members and friends traveling to San Antonio for Saturday's game, including Bush's 90-year-old grandmother who lives in virginia.

Despite not knowing where his son will choose, Gary says he won't be surprised by wherever Deon chooses.

I'll only be surprised if he says one other than the things we think he has on the table Auburn, Alabama and Miami Gary said. If he says anything other than that I'll be surprised.

Those three, he can't go wrong. All three have their advantages.

Asked if the family is rooting for any particular school, Gary said, No, we're not. It's wherever he wants to go. I do have the family rooting for one, but they're not on his list - that would be Purdue because his brother goes there.*

Dad's biggest advice as Deon gets ready to announce?

My advice to him was pray about it and wherever that leads him to go, that's what he chooses, Gary said.

gary says he's happy to get this over with and not too much nervous about his decision because I think he's looked at all the colleges and I'm leaving it up to him to choose the school he wants to go to.

Asked what his reaction would be if Deon winds up picking miami, Gary said, Well, I mean, I would probably feel the same way as if he picks another school. I would probably be happy for him and excited about it. And at the same time I would be happy again because I wouldn't have to spend that much money on traveling. It's close to home.

gary adds that I try not to get into staying home or going away. Actually I talked to him about the advantages of leaving and staying here. He has to weigh his options. I just told him and left it up to him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thanks for posting. I don't care howgood you people think he is... if we can take one from bama and auburn that is a win in itself.

I like the fact the parents are giving him advice and guidance, but staying out of the way and leaving the decision to him.

Lets hope we land him. I still think we will take an elite CB/S in this class, whether it's Bush, Howard, etc. Theres just too much opportunity to pass at UM.

Advertisement
Need to finish on these Dade kids.

Deon Bush, Keith Brown...can't let too many top Dade kids leave.

I know it's unfair to say with the sanctions looming, but let's see how Golden can close.

Advertisement
This is how parents should handle this situation

totally agree.

Did you feel this way when Antoine Smith chose FSU in-front of his crying mother?? Or when Jacoby Brissett's mother begged him not to sign his LOI to UF???? LOL

Honestly it depends of the player. In this case, The Bush's appear to have raised a mature 17 year old who's capable of handling the extra attention he's received. It sure does sound like Poppa Bush wants his son in Coral Gables though.

Parents shouldn't act like agents. Those mothers never acted like agents controlling their kid's decision or asking for hand outs, or having a third party involved. They obviously were vocal about where they'd perfer to have their kids play, but they never got involved in the decision. There's a difference.

This is how parents should handle this situation

totally agree.

Did you feel this way when Antoine Smith chose FSU in-front of his crying mother?? Or when Jacoby Brissett's mother begged him not to sign his LOI to UF???? LOL

Honestly it depends of the player. In this case, The Bush's appear to have raised a mature 17 year old who's capable of handling the extra attention he's received. It sure does sound like Poppa Bush wants his son in Coral Gables though.

Advertisement
Too be honest his father isnt giving any hints either... I dont sense the vibe of him wanting to play in Miami... He has stated on a number occasions that he has a brother at Purdue so the distance wouldnt be a problem... That being said, I think he ends up here anyway...

I'm a total pessimist with recruiting. The whole "being kept in the dark" line seems like b.s. Kids tell their parents where they're going to college. It's a pretty convenient way for his parents to avoid local pressure.

Advertisement
I really hope he ends up here. I bet his family really does know, i mean c'mon.

Deon Bush
Overall Rank: No. 68
Schools: Alabama, Auburn, Miami
Farrell Analysis: Bush has been linked to all three schools in different ways and the lure of the SEC is strong, but Miami has done a great job recruiting him and staying close to home will be a factor here. The buzz is that the 'Canes lead.
Prediction: Miami

Tyriq McCord

McCord's mother favors South Carolina and he has been linked to the Gamecocks for quite some time, but he has also recently talked a lot about how far from home Columbia is and that distance is a big factor. Miami could be the choice here.

Deon Bush
Overall Rank: No. 68
Schools: Alabama, Auburn, Miami
Farrell Analysis: Bush has been linked to all three schools in different ways and the lure of the SEC is strong, but Miami has done a great job recruiting him and staying close to home will be a factor here. The buzz is that the 'Canes lead.

Tyriq McCord

McCord's mother favors South Carolina and he has been linked to the Gamecocks for quite some time, but he has also recently talked a lot about how far from home Columbia is and that distance is a big factor. Miami could be the choice here.
we've already seen this info...thanks

Unfortunately when local kids are cryptic we always lose out. I wish I was wrong but I don't think he is coming here.

Advertisement
Back