Burns in the Portal

Advertisement
Kid looked explosive every time that he touched the ball the last couple of years, so of course he didn’t get more meaningful carries.

I’ll be following his career closely, and wish him the very best. Something tells me that he’s gonna make our corches look real bad.

He may actually be decent in an FBS school. Kid looked pretty good when given a chance to play. A lot of folks thought Gus Edwards was a bust and dude has now been a productive RB in the league for 3 seasons.
You have all valid points and this kids was a model citizen and will do more things off the field that will be greater than his in field contributions I bet

Not too familiar with their depth charts but I feel like USF or UCF could be a nice fit, maybe even FAU. I think he could be decent at and G5 school.

Advertisement
This kid is acting like he wants to play football now huh? Interesting.
Ttrpg Zombieorpheus GIF by zoefannet

4 and 3 after Knighton went down.

Just because we got lucky with something doesn’t we should make it a continuous thing. We were one injury away from Marshall Few getting serious snaps.

We should have 6 RBs on the roster every season not 4.
The only way you’re going to have 6 scholarship running backs on your roster is if you give scholarships to bunch of two star players. No real running back is going to stay at a school to be 6th on the depth chart. Good players want to get on the field. That’s why Burns is transferring. You can’t realistically expect guys to stay at a place when they’ll never see the field. 4 running backs is perfectly fine.

Advertisement
He has the skills to succeed. Just needs to stay healthy.

High school skills are over a decade ago and a long way from college ball.

I wish him the absolute best. Saw this coming from a million miles away when he couldn't stay healthy in high school.

Young man just didn't want it. His high school coach all but said that his senior year.

Good luck though, for real. Wish he had done more with the opportunity, but he's got his education and hopefully it'll serve him well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The only way you’re going to have 6 scholarship running backs on your roster is if you give scholarships to bunch of two star players. No real running back is going to stay at a school to be 6th on the depth chart. Good players want to get on the field. That’s why Burns is transferring. You can’t realistically expect guys to stay at a place when they’ll never see the field. 4 running backs is perfectly fine.

Travis Homer
Deejay Dallas
Trayone Gray
Camron Harris
Lorenzo Linguard
Robert Burns.

1 - 5 star
3 - 4 star
2 - 3 star

Advertisement
Back