Burns in the Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid has been through much more than a kid should have to with a myriad of injuries so here’s hoping he can get/stay healthy and get back close to what he showed potential wise his HS soph. Year.

kid deserves a break...may be a bad choice of words..😜

Should go to UNC and stick a shoe up Manny’s, Baker’s and Patke’s asses...whoops

Go Canes!

Bruh; so after that UNC debacle, slaughter, embarrassment....I mean uh ruh game, Burns immediately went to one of the UNC RBs & had a lengthy convo w/ him as they were walking off. I can’t remember which one of the backs it was, but it definitely wasn’t no “hey, good game” convo. I was like my man is going to transfer. I’m not saying UNC, I don’t know where....but it just gave me that feel like he was gone.

No ill feelings for him. Injuries derailed his progress but he’s been healthy since & every time he touched the rock, he looked good.

Great kid, and I'm rooting for him. If Burns had been injury-free, he had the potential for a helluva Miami career.

Just a stark reminder to all the talented kids who think they are invincible. Never ever take your health for granted. Sadly, I know several Robert Burns types who could have killed it -- amazingly talented, did all the right things on and off the field, just not fortunate enough to avoid injuries.

Hope he lands somewhere he can finally shine.

You can get by with 4 for a year bruh. Ideally you’d like 5tho

that’s the problem, we have too many less than ideal situations here recently.

5 cbs on scholarships? Sure
Start 3 true freshman at LB? Sure
Start a 265lb true freshman at LT? Sure
Hire first time coaches from Incarnate Word? Sure

Advertisement
Bruh; so after that UNC debacle, slaughter, embarrassment....I mean uh ruh game, Burns immediately went to one of the UNC RBs & had a lengthy convo w/ him as they were walking off. I can’t remember which one of the backs it was, but it definitely wasn’t no “hey, good game” convo. I was like my man is going to transfer. I’m not saying UNC, I don’t know where....but it just gave me that feel like he was gone.

No ill feelings for him. Injuries derailed his progress but he’s been healthy since & every time he touched the rock, he looked good.

"And you know this mane!" (Chris Tuckers voice from "Friday")👊🏿

How many did we have this season?

4 and 3 after Knighton went down.

Just because we got lucky with something doesn’t we should make it a continuous thing. We were one injury away from Marshall Few getting serious snaps.

We should have 6 RBs on the roster every season not 4.

I like that story. I was just shooting my mouth off, but they did lose 2RB’s to the league. I like Burns. Kid ran hard for us. I wish him the best and hope his injury bug is gone.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like that story. I was just shooting my mouth off, but they did lose 2RB’s to the league. I like Burns. Kid ran hard for us. I wish him the best and hope his injury bug is gone.

Go Canes!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t he vying for a 5th star via Rivals after his sophomore yr, and then the shear amount of injuries knocked him to a higher 3 star recruit?

4 and 3 after Knighton went down.

Just because we got lucky with something doesn’t we should make it a continuous thing. We were one injury away from Marshall Few getting serious snaps.

We should have 6 RBs on the roster every season not 4.
Basically got 4 with Brashard and Restrepo as the emergency options making 6

Advertisement
Back