Burns.. He healthy again and ready for summer?

Advertisement
He does seem like a great kid aside from being talented, so hope he stays healthy and can add some depth.

This kid is where I think Richt screwed up.No way in **** should this kid gave been the only other back we were taking other than McFag.

Sure the kid showed potential in the 8th grade but he hadn't played in 2-3 years with a myriad of injuries.

You want to take him ,cool.But don't take him thinking you're going to be able to count on him.

I doubt VERY seriously if this kid ever plays a meaningful down here.Hes made out of charmin...

tumblr_m5o74m7QWC1qdq5u6.gif

Advertisement
This kid is where I think Richt screwed up.No way in **** should this kid gave been the only other back we were taking other than McFag.

Sure the kid showed potential in the 8th grade but he hadn't played in 2-3 years with a myriad of injuries.

You want to take him ,cool.But don't take him thinking you're going to be able to count on him.

I doubt VERY seriously if this kid ever plays a meaningful down here.Hes made out of charmin...

By all indications, the staff were convinced they were getting McFckface so it seemed safe to take a shot with Burns. Obviously nothing is certain in recruiting, but sometimes you have to take some chances.

Didn't he have a shoulder area injury? Pretty sure even if was a broken collarbone he'd be healthy by august. And as a rb it's not like he needs a **** load of prep. It's the easiest position to learn, and he's only a 3rd string.

Brush up until the week before NSD, Woopie was locked in on us. They weren't just going for one rb. And by the time he ****ed us over we'd be stuck with non-Miami caliber backs. Plus deejay Dallas can be considered a rb also, because if we need him there, he'll play there

Advertisement
I really hope he stays healthy because the film I saw he runs with plenty of aggression and purpose, I like it. Reminds me of Marshawn Lynch.

Was it on a VCR tape ?

lol I knew the jokes were coming, but no it was 247 Hudl.. but in all seriousness the kid really runs hard and with reckless abandon so I can see why he is always hurt. We should really be hoping he can stay healthy go look at the film.

Must have been from 9th grade cause I think that's the last time he played..

Says sophomore year

hey who cares that we lost Edwards and Yearby though, right?!

Just opens up more schollies for #Storm18 !

I know we are all hard on the guy here, but let us not forget a guy named Frank Gore who had back to back ACL's and ended up having a pretty decent college career and a potential HOF NFL career. Don't get me wrong I am not saying Burns is Gore, but hopefully he can stay healthy and contribute to the team in some way. Even if its on ST or scout team!!!

ACL is a freak injury.

This kid arrived here with pins in his ankle and then promptly separated his shoulder. He's a lost cause.

Advertisement
Burns is such an intriguing prospect. The kid has exceptional talent and if he can get and stay healthy he could be scary good. Unfortunately, up to this point Burns has demonstrated an alarming propensity for getting injured. The question we all want the answer to regarding his injury history is if it is just a freakish string of bad luck or is it a referendum on his durability and ability to take the pounding a RB must endure.

Personally I think Burns needs to take advantage of the current lack of depth at RB and make some noise this year because there are some elite backs on their way to Coral Gables very soon. I believe Burns is significantly more talented than Homer but that won't matter if he's on the sidelines riding a bike. My best case scenario for this year outside of having Choc blow up all of a sudden would be for Burns to get healthy and push Homer to the limit or take his #2 spot. This would be the best development for us given the depth issues at RB.

Let's see if we can nab a grad transfer RB this summer, otherwise it would be prudent to move Dallas to RB for 2017.

Advertisement
We're just going to have to deal with it. Hopefully the RBs stay healthy this year and if God forbid Walton gets injured then we play with the guys that we have. I don't understand why some here are getting so **** dramatic. It's not ideal but we'll manage. We have to. We have a **** good team and more than enough talent on offense to score and score a lot. These coaches get paid **** good money to maximize what they have. I just don't want to hear any excuses during or after the season. I'm not asking for a National Title. So we're a bit thin at RB. I don't care. Just get it done.

I know we are all hard on the guy here, but let us not forget a guy named Frank Gore who had back to back ACL's and ended up having a pretty decent college career and a potential HOF NFL career. Don't get me wrong I am not saying Burns is Gore, but hopefully he can stay healthy and contribute to the team in some way. Even if its on ST or scout team!!!

Is that the same guy who set the single season rushing record in Dade County high school history?

Advertisement
Back