gauthier
st. louis
norton
mcintosh
perry
redwine
jackson
henley

Golden showed some restraint and didn't play Shirreffs, Gordinier, King, Fines, Patchan, Milo, Mahoney, Loftus, Knowles

Advertisement
IF Golden managed personnel in the private sector like he manages personnel as a coach, he'd have been fired long, long ago.

With Allison coming in, I wouldn't mind so much if Shirreffs got playing time now.

Advertisement
I've been told by numerous slurpers that Golden has finally built the depth up on the team to the point where we can redshirt more of our talented players. Am I to believe that is not true?

Redshirting is a lot different in 2015 than its was 10 years ago. A lot of teams play a lot of players from the freshman class. ****, UGA played 19 freshman on Saturday.

Advertisement
You have to play walton whats the point of redshirtimg a kid that can be gone in 3 years. Out of the three we have he looks the best. As a freshman. I wont compare him or boost him because it was Bethune. If im not mistaken cant these kids play these first two or 3 games and still redshirt or no? Thought in the past that was discussed.

Why are people assuming this is an angry post?

Redshirts get burned in college football. Stop crying.

Advertisement
Why are people assuming this is an angry post?

Redshirts get burned in college football. Stop crying.

I think the anger has come from some of the commenters more than you ...but you suggested that you might be annoyed when you referenced Golden "showing restraint". Redshirting is not the same anymore in college football. If a freshman is better than an upper-classman he will play. He should play. And while the depth is built up a little bit, it's still not at a point where this team has the luxury of "saving" a better guy for later. I think the list looked pretty legit. Don't discount how important freshman playing time is in the recruiting game...it speaks volumes.

The only reach seems to be henley but we are dangerously thin at CB past our top 4 guys so i don't have a problem with him getting some reps.

Advertisement
IF Golden managed personnel in the private sector like he manages personnel as a coach, he'd have been fired long, long ago.

if any college head coach managed anything in the private sector, HR departments would have their hands full

You have to play walton whats the point of redshirtimg a kid that can be gone in 3 years. Out of the three we have he looks the best. As a freshman. I wont compare him or boost him because it was Bethune. If im not mistaken cant these kids play these first two or 3 games and still redshirt or no? Thought in the past that was discussed.

I think it's too early to talk about 3 years and done regarding any of our players. But yea usually if you play less than a quarter of the season the players can shirt. All the staff will have to do is find an injury or make up a phantom one. Every school does it and more than likely an injury will occur because these kids are 18 going against grown men.

Advertisement
Back