Burgess-Becker: Alabama standing out the most

Advertisement
we beat UL and Neb to start the season and then lets see what these local kids are saying..

People want to know why we had such a strong class in the beginning of the year and then limped into signing day..? Maybe because we beat UF, went 7-0 and then proceeded to **** the bed. IF we come out firing at the beginning of this year, we gonna get a lot of local talent on board.

Advertisement
we beat UL and Neb to start the season and then lets see what these local kids are saying..

People want to know why we had such a strong class in the beginning of the year and then limped into signing day..? Maybe because we beat UF, went 7-0 and then proceeded to **** the bed. IF we come out firing at the beginning of this year, we gonna get a lot of local talent on board.

This excuse gets worse and worse each year.

Win and they'll come...

I keep forgetting Florida went 14-0 last year.

That's why they raped the month of January and February and took a stinky poo in our cereal.

Win and they'll come...

That's why they raped the month of January and February and took a stinky poo in our cereal.

You keep using UF as an excuse as to why the "win and they'll come" mantra is flawed. UF is more of an exception than the rule.

Most of UF's top-end recruits, particularly at the end of the cycle following UF's awful season, were on the defensive side of the ball, which shouldn't come as too much of a surprise given Muschamp's a defensive coach who has actually fielded very good defenses (unlike our coach).

The harsh reality is that recruits in the current era remember UF as more of a dominant team than Miami, regardless of the coach. I'm not saying if Miami wins big next year they'll clean up. ****, we all thought Al was going to clean house after the NCAA ruling was dropped. Instead, we finished with a fat dud. But winning would probably help.

Win and they'll come...

You keep using UF as an excuse as to why the "win and they'll come" mantra is flawed. UF is more of an exception than the rule.

Most of UF's top-end recruits, particularly at the end of the cycle following UF's awful season, were on the defensive side of the ball, which shouldn't come as too much of a surprise given Muschamp's a defensive coach who has actually fielded very good defenses (unlike our coach).

The harsh reality is that recruits in the current era remember UF as more of a dominant team than Miami, regardless of the coach. I'm not saying if Miami wins big next year they'll clean up. ****, we all thought Al was going to clean house after the NCAA ruling was dropped. Instead, we finished with a fat dud. But winning would probably help.

Our 7-0 start was a fat dud.

Could have easily been 4-3 if not worse.

You can't tell me recruits were doing cartwheels watching us squeak by Wake Forrest.
---

Treon Harris
Brandon Powell
David Sharpe
JC Jackson

Lets not act like they only did well on the defensive side. Miami wanted all 4 of those guys.

Advertisement
Playing time, thats what UF had, all the guys they got are all going to play early

Alabama is breaking out the stacks of ca$h.

27.gif

Advertisement
We did not want David Sharpe but everyone else yea botched the freinds thing but that's for another day

Advertisement

Win and they'll come...

Our 7-0 start was a fat dud.

Could have easily been 4-3 if not worse.

You can't tell me recruits were doing cartwheels watching us squeak by Wake Forrest.
---

Treon Harris
Brandon Powell
David Sharpe
JC Jackson

Lets not act like they only did well on the defensive side. Miami wanted all 4 of those guys.

That last thing I'm saying is that recruits were impressed with our performance last year. Sony Michel showed up to the Wake game and shut it down after.

I just think it's a bit short-sighted to use UF as an example as to why winning big won't significantly help our recruiting efforts. In 2010, Jimbo was a first-year head coach who walked into Miami, **** on Shannon, and did the same thing to Meyer at Doak. He closed with Jernigan, Waisome, O'Leary, and Benjamin. Kids UF and Miami wanted badly. I have a hard time believing those beatdowns didn't help.

All of that being said, winning big games under this staff seems highly unlikely, so the whole "win big and they'll come" argument is probably useless, as the staff hasn't shown anything that should lead us to believe we're gonna win big.

Thing is florida has had more recent success than we have. We have been down for like 10 years a few years ago UF was on top of the college football world

Dudes are gone.

Gotta coach up the ones we get. If we miss out on Johnson/Irvin/Cronkrite click then color me alarmed for this class. I'm already having a bad feeling about it unfortunately, but thats just the soft shoulder speaking.

My gut is telling me we are slipping with these guys because we aren't putting guys in the league like some of these other schools.

Advertisement
Back