Building town homes and have a few ??? if theres any builders on here.

Advertisement
I would look to partner with a firm or developer that can guide you through the process. They can put a business plan together for you. They can guide you through permitting and construction. They can help you manage the property. Ground up construction is tough, maybe buy an existing apartment complex?

this is exactly where I live. Are you talking about the "hourglass" district? I can't think of any area around here capable of housing 40 new townhomes. Odd message board to use for a question involving $10+ million dollars in investments.

They want a land use planning and zoning lawyer but they may want to start with a civil Engineer and a Land Planner - possibly at the same firm. They’re going to need to know what kind of density they can get on the site and have it laid out. The planner and engineer can do a lot. They can get the lawyer potentially to apply for rezoning and take it through the approvals process. A good land planner and civil engineer will know who to recommend for that, as needed.

The engineer will work with the city review people and you want their recommendation to the Board at the hearing so get one who is connected.

Makes sense.

Sounds like you're looking for a way to lose a bunch of money in a timely manner.. with that said..

I know a guy who's got some property off Cardsound Road that he's willing to get rid of on the cheap. PM me for details.

Go Canes!!!!

Advertisement
Me and business partner are about to get into some good money and looking to invest into something. Im looking at a piece of property near down town Orlando that has great rental prices and everything goes super quick. Its near Bumby and michigan ave area if you know Orlando.

So 1 question is what kind of saving can you get per sq feet if we build 20 to 30units, possibly 40 if we can fit them on the prpoerty. . Im thinking 2 pads or possible break it up into 4 pads.

Also wondering how hard is it to get the zoning changed if its not zoned for town houses. For the record there is a few small apartment type complexes real close by but they are very old.

Last though I have right now is there a place you can look up plans. Im not trying to build some mack daddy town houses but obviously I need some kind of plans to go off.

Thanks for any help fellas.

As an experienced multi-family real estate investor and sometime developer, I say this with all the best intentions...

It's a cutthroat game, and construction is full of pitfalls. It's a fight for NOI and cap rate, and based on your questions, you are really starting out behind the 8-ball with your lack of experience and I'd recommend you either partner with someone much more experienced or scrap this idea.

Not trying to sound like an ***, just really want to hammer this home for all the right reasons.

Is this thread even serious? Because the questions you are asking don't seem like you have any experience and you're trying to do a project of this scale for the first time?
Yes serious and you also happen to be correct in everything else you stated. Ill need help and get it.

As an experienced multi-family real estate investor and sometime developer, I say this with all the best intentions...

It's a cutthroat game, and construction is full of pitfalls. It's a fight for NOI and cap rate, and based on your questions, you are really starting out behind the 8-ball with your lack of experience and I'd recommend you either partner with someone much more experienced or scrap this idea.

Not trying to sound like an ***, just really want to hammer this home for all the right reasons.
the cap rates around the downtown area might as well be negative at this point. land/construction costs are insane

Advertisement
My advise to you is two fold @24/7canes :

1) Start much, much smaller.

2) Don't do anything you can't constantly have eyes on.

Last edited:
this is exactly where I live. Are you talking about the "hourglass" district? I can't think of any area around here capable of housing 40 new townhomes. Odd message board to use for a question involving $10+ million dollars in investments.
Yes hour glass district. Real close to johnnys. It might only hold 20-30 but its a good size lot.

Me and business partner are about to get into some good money and looking to invest into something. Im looking at a piece of property near down town Orlando that has great rental prices and everything goes super quick. Its near Bumby and michigan ave area if you know Orlando.

So 1 question is what kind of saving can you get per sq feet if we build 20 to 30units, possibly 40 if we can fit them on the prpoerty. . Im thinking 2 pads or possible break it up into 4 pads.

Also wondering how hard is it to get the zoning changed if its not zoned for town houses. For the record there is a few small apartment type complexes real close by but they are very old.

Last though I have right now is there a place you can look up plans. Im not trying to build some mack daddy town houses but obviously I need some kind of plans to go off.

Thanks for any help fellas.
Good luck.. housing market you should be able to make a killing.. not enough buyers...

Advertisement
SoDoSoPaLofts3.png

Advertisement
Sounds like you're looking for a way to lose a bunch of money in a timely manner.. with that said..

I know a guy who's got some property off Cardsound Road that he's willing to get rid of on the cheap. PM me for details.

Go Canes!!!!
Sounds like a way to not pay capital Gaines on 5 to 10 mil. Ill find people that know what they are doing and hire them, that is the plan anyways. Also any one willing to give away something for cheap is a red flag to me. Uncle and pop pop always told me if it sounds to good to be true it is.

He needs a civil engineer and a land planner. He should go to the zoning department and see which engineering firms submit lots of plans and have a good reputation. They may not say outright but it’s learnable information to see who submits plans in the area for review.
I'm Super close friends with several Registered Land Surveyors...I would call one of several Quality Engineering/Survey companies in Orlando...@RVA Cane brought up a good point in ref to Set Backs....Buffers..etc...and God forbid you need to remove tree's...(especially 10" and over Oaks)...Good Luck with that...

Advertisement
Back