- Joined
- Jan 11, 2019
- Messages
- 436
We’re about to see how good the recruiting evals areJust gotta stay healthy enough to get there undefeated
We’re about to see how good the recruiting evals areJust gotta stay healthy enough to get there undefeated
one could say it would be nice to get the player who averaged 6.0 ypc going. that could help this squad. like I said he has had some terrible blocking so far this year, mainly vs Stanford and Wake. what is more likely here, he forgot how to run or the line we have been complaining about wasn't playing well? notice I never said Pringle should be #2 right now. Mallory has earned that IMO. All I am saying is give Pringle more than 1 carry so he does actually have a chance to earn more reps. seem reasonable?
not at all. I don't think this is over. all I said was Pringle should get more than 1 carry. Mallory has had the better season so far, so he should get more work.Bro stop the semantics bs. You said you didn’t think Mallory was clearly RB2 then proceed to rattle off your love of Pringle. You’re clearly implying you believe Pringle should get more RB2 reps over Mallory.
In general it's reasonable but that was never going to happen last night. Last night was a game for physical, bruising RBs who run through contact. Also, have you ever known our coaches to make the best use of speed on offense? Brashard Smith was really fast and so was Chris Johnson Jr but neither of them ever amounted to much here. Brashard Smith did have his share of big explosive plays as a RB, WR and KR but he was never able to get consistent playing time.one could say it would be nice to get the player who averaged 6.0 ypc going. that could help this squad. like I said he has had some terrible blocking so far this year, mainly vs Stanford and Wake. what is more likely here, he forgot how to run or the line we have been complaining about wasn't playing well? notice I never said Pringle should be #2 right now. Mallory has earned that IMO. All I am saying is give Pringle more than 1 carry so he does actually have a chance to earn more reps. seem reasonable?
#58Two freshmen on D
JJ with the pick 6
Layfette with some pressures
On O
13 came in when Toney was out
14 with a few snaps when Lofton went out
21 with a big game
56 is our starting LG
87 did well all night
Mallory played perfectly in the offense last night…I like Pringle and I’d prefer he get more snaps but Mallory is a much better fit for this offense and scheme. He finishes runs and punishes people. On top of that his vision is very good , he rarely makes the wrong decision. Vision is the one gift that separates running backs. Seeing a hole that’s not there or seeing it faster than another rb makes an enormous difference.
He had a nice carry out of the 2 back set.Pringle seems to get a lot of work in the 2 back sets, which makes sense as he's a weapon on the passing game and give him a lead blocker so he can get by the 1st defender clean. I only recall a few plays vs Clemson in the 2 back so that could be why he didn't get more work.
not at all. I don't think this is over. all I said was Pringle should get more than 1 carry.
Please enlighten me as to how playing SJ at all was or has been beneficial— and I’m not breaking your balls BTW—at rb ... mallory is the clear #2 ... 14car for 63
alot of shade was thrown, and well deserved ... but playing sj proved to be beneficial
both young te's got snaps
finally saw a healthy dose of booker pickett, i'm sure he was credited with a few pressures
ryan mack had a few nice reps against good receivers
lafayette was a problem
dylan day had his most burn since the ole miss game
it was nice to see us play guys in a big time environment ... did i miss anyone?
for how bad he was in other games, imagine how bad he would have been coming in off the bench after limited snaps on the road in an electric atmosphere on national tv ... mirabal actually looks like the guru they say he is after sj's performance last night ... it wasn't flawless but he was out there for over a 100yds of rushingPlease enlighten me as to how playing SJ at all was or has been beneficial— and I’m not breaking your balls BTW—
I just don’t understand the hot take on that one….
Please to share?
Thanks for getting back… I don’t even remember seeing him last night all I saw was Big Ben— I’m gonna rewatch at some point since my ny giants aren’t watchable….for how bad he was in other games, imagine how bad he would have been coming in off the bench after limited snaps on the road in an electric atmosphere on national tv ... mirabal actually looks like the guru they say he is after sj's performance last night ... it wasn't flawless but he was out there for over a 100yds of rushingPlease enlighten me as to how playing SJ at all was or has been beneficial— and I’m not breaking your balls BTW—
I just don’t understand the hot take on that one….
Please to share?
pringle is game flow dependent ... mallory isn'tSome of ya'll love acting like I am in here eating a baby or something. everyone in here agreeing Pringle has talent, seems like it's logical to give a kid who has talent and is the fastest player on the team the ball more than 1 time. Pringle just hasn't gotten loose yet, but when he does this discussion will look different.
SJ played both lg and RG. Congdon got the start and played for 2 or 3 drives. When Maxx went down, SJ filled in. When Maxx came back, SJ didn’t play much after.Thanks for getting back… I don’t even remember seeing him last night all I saw was Big Ben— I’m gonna rewatch at some point since my ny giants aren’t watchable….
I think SJ is “fungible” and I don’t necessarily agree with your premise— him not in the line up is addition subtraction in my view
But that’s just my .02 worth
Agreed on the SJ at center— but would you agree we should start trolling for one like we have the past 3 yrs prior to this???SJ played both lg and RG. Congdon got the start and played for 2 or 3 drives. When Maxx went down, SJ filled in. When Maxx came back, SJ didn’t play much after.Thanks for getting back… I don’t even remember seeing him last night all I saw was Big Ben— I’m gonna rewatch at some point since my ny giants aren’t watchable….
I think SJ is “fungible” and I don’t necessarily agree with your premise— him not in the line up is addition subtraction in my view
But that’s just my .02 worth
I do think SJ can be a center at Miami. If he has Maxx and Congdon beside him and two mtns at OT, SJ will look tiny but can play.
I fully expect Miami to be trolling for OL and DL(DT) with big bait and hook. I do think Scott and Lightfoot would benefit a ton by coming back for year 4. Davis and Carter both are playable but the freshmen will be needed. Clearly, the team needs to retain talent.Agreed on the SJ at center— but would you agree we should start trolling for one like we have the past 3 yrs prior to this???
I think it would be football malpractice lot to in the portal season