building depth with young guys

Some of ya'll love acting like I am in here eating a baby or something. everyone in here agreeing Pringle has talent, seems like it's logical to give a kid who has talent and is the fastest player on the team the ball more than 1 time. Pringle just hasn't gotten loose yet, but when he does this discussion will look different.
I'm sure it's been said, and I'm sure you realize this, but you can't forget that part of the scheme is to beat up backers all the while. Mallory is another bruiser that wears down that defense, he plays well into coach's scheme. How was that 7/8 play drive that we ran it down their throat? Pringle doesn't make you pay for meeting him in the middle.
 
Please enlighten me as to how playing SJ at all was or has been beneficial— and I’m not breaking your balls BTW—
I just don’t understand the hot take on that one….
Please to share?
for how bad he was in other games, imagine how bad he would have been coming in off the bench after limited snaps on the road in an electric atmosphere on national tv ... mirabal actually looks like the guru they say he is after sj's performance last night ... it wasn't flawless but he was out there for over a 100yds of rushing
Thanks for getting back… I don’t even remember seeing him last night all I saw was Big Ben— I’m gonna rewatch at some point since my ny giants aren’t watchable….

I think SJ is “fungible” and I don’t necessarily agree with your premise— him not in the line up is addition subtraction in my view

But that’s just my .02 worth
Not to butt in, but…. SJ played decent last night. I didn’t analyze each of his reps or anything. I did however pay attention to the line play in real time and overall I thought he played acceptable. Not great; acceptable. Light years better than how he had been playing. I didn’t notice any whiffs or bad beats. Doesn’t mean he didn’t have any; I just didn’t see any.
 
Not to butt in, but…. SJ played decent last night. I didn’t analyze each of his reps or anything. I did however pay attention to the line play in real time and overall I thought he played acceptable. Not great; acceptable. Light years better than how he had been playing. I didn’t notice any whiffs or bad beats. Doesn’t mean he didn’t have any; I just didn’t see any.
Merriweather (sp?) at RT looked at SJ and said, "hold my beer" lol that **** was so out of position i was nervous for Mensah
 
Please enlighten me as to how playing SJ at all was or has been beneficial— and I’m not breaking your balls BTW—
I just don’t understand the hot take on that one….
Please to share?
for how bad he was in other games, imagine how bad he would have been coming in off the bench after limited snaps on the road in an electric atmosphere on national tv ... mirabal actually looks like the guru they say he is after sj's performance last night ... it wasn't flawless but he was out there for over a 100yds of rushing
Thanks for getting back… I don’t even remember seeing him last night all I saw was Big Ben— I’m gonna rewatch at some point since my ny giants aren’t watchable….

I think SJ is “fungible” and I don’t necessarily agree with your premise— him not in the line up is addition subtraction in my view

But that’s just my .02 worth
Not to butt in, but…. SJ played decent last night. I didn’t analyze each of his reps or anything. I did however pay attention to the line play in real time and overall I thought he played acceptable. Not great; acceptable. Light years better than how he had been playing. I didn’t notice any whiffs or bad beats. Doesn’t mean he didn’t have any; I just didn’t see any.
Noted…. I think I suffer from SJ PTSD and block him out entirely don’t recall seeing him at all- tho I was pretty lathered up last night
 
Agreed on the SJ at center— but would you agree we should start trolling for one like we have the past 3 yrs prior to this???
I think it would be football malpractice lot to in the portal season
I fully expect Miami to be trolling for OL and DL(DT) with big bait and hook. I do think Scott and Lightfoot would benefit a ton by coming back for year 4. Davis and Carter both are playable but the freshmen will need. Clearly, the team need to retain talent.
100% agree on all
 
Please enlighten me as to how playing SJ at all was or has been beneficial— and I’m not breaking your balls BTW—
I just don’t understand the hot take on that one….
Please to share?
for how bad he was in other games, imagine how bad he would have been coming in off the bench after limited snaps on the road in an electric atmosphere on national tv ... mirabal actually looks like the guru they say he is after sj's performance last night ... it wasn't flawless but he was out there for over a 100yds of rushing
Thanks for getting back… I don’t even remember seeing him last night all I saw was Big Ben— I’m gonna rewatch at some point since my ny giants aren’t watchable….

I think SJ is “fungible” and I don’t necessarily agree with your premise— him not in the line up is addition subtraction in my view

But that’s just my .02 worth
Not to butt in, but…. SJ played decent last night. I didn’t analyze each of his reps or anything. I did however pay attention to the line play in real time and overall I thought he played acceptable. Not great; acceptable. Light years better than how he had been playing. I didn’t notice any whiffs or bad beats. Doesn’t mean he didn’t have any; I just didn’t see any.
Bevis… uuuggghhh… you said “Butt” ” as in butthead….
 
Not to butt in, but…. SJ played decent last night. I didn’t analyze each of his reps or anything. I did however pay attention to the line play in real time and overall I thought he played acceptable. Not great; acceptable. Light years better than how he had been playing. I didn’t notice any whiffs or bad beats. Doesn’t mean he didn’t have any; I just didn’t see any.
Merriweather (sp?) at RT looked at SJ and said, "hold my beer" lol that **** was so out of position i was nervous for Mensah
Yeah I saw that and was like no dude…put my fat out of shape *** in there before 71 plays another snap there.
 
Please enlighten me as to how playing SJ at all was or has been beneficial— and I’m not breaking your balls BTW—
I just don’t understand the hot take on that one….
Please to share?
for how bad he was in other games, imagine how bad he would have been coming in off the bench after limited snaps on the road in an electric atmosphere on national tv ... mirabal actually looks like the guru they say he is after sj's performance last night ... it wasn't flawless but he was out there for over a 100yds of rushing
Thanks for getting back… I don’t even remember seeing him last night all I saw was Big Ben— I’m gonna rewatch at some point since my ny giants aren’t watchable….

I think SJ is “fungible” and I don’t necessarily agree with your premise— him not in the line up is addition subtraction in my view

But that’s just my .02 worth
Not to butt in, but…. SJ played decent last night. I didn’t analyze each of his reps or anything. I did however pay attention to the line play in real time and overall I thought he played acceptable. Not great; acceptable. Light years better than how he had been playing. I didn’t notice any whiffs or bad beats. Doesn’t mean he didn’t have any; I just didn’t see any.
Noted…. I think I suffer from SJ PTSD and block him out entirely don’t recall seeing him at all- tho I was pretty lathered up last night
Oh I get that. I wanted to put SJ in a hot air balloon with infinite gas earlier this season.
 
congdon had over 90% of the offensive snaps ... love to see it 60/66
mallory - 24
mueller - 21
pickett - 26
lafayette - 17
mack - 26
 
I'm sure it's been said, and I'm sure you realize this, but you can't forget that part of the scheme is to beat up backers all the while. Mallory is another bruiser that wears down that defense, he plays well into coach's scheme. How was that 7/8 play drive that we ran it down their throat? Pringle doesn't make you pay for meeting him in the middle.
the argument for Pringle is we already have Fletcher. we aren't asking 190 back to do everything. this is why i was always annoyed at Brown. why are giving carries to the same player when what we want is more run diversity and giving the D more to worry about. i will also argue this until I die Pringle fits our run scheme way better than people think. he is very good at finding little holes between the tackles with our tight splits. saw it all last year, and we've seen it this year. every single team in CFB is looking for a RB who has a high success rate like Pringle between the tackles who also runs a 10.4. if we don't use him, we will see him in the SEC next year and complain that we don't have anyone with speed.

it would be nice if he got more than 1 carry in a game so he could actually prove he didn't forget how to run
 
still don't think Mallory is the clear #2, he played well 4.5 ypc but that's not so good that you don't give the ball to a player who averaged 6.0 ypc in starts last year. Pringle can change that with 1 run. both can play but you can't only give Pringle 1 carry and then forget about him. if you want to use the bigger backs to close the game late, that's fine, but Pringle need carries earlier then. RB is way more fluid than people think. Pringle was getting work in these games with some truly atrocious blocking and now he's not getting any chance to show what he can do with some blocking. if Matt Merritt was still here this would look different.

i been saying Booker Pickett was our best pure pass rusher since last year. he's always making the QB feel him.

Ryan Mack should keep Brown permanently on the bench.
pringle would excel with rhett lashlee
 
Bro stop the semantics bs. You said you didn’t think Mallory was clearly RB2 then proceed to rattle off your love of Pringle. You’re clearly implying you believe Pringle should get more RB2 reps over Mallory.
There is no debating someone who will never change their mind regardless of valid points, evidence and facts.

He will just keep going round and round until he outlasts you, better to not engage.
 
Oh and I like Mallory but the reason I am saying may want to slow your roll.....

He's averaging 4.46 ypc against CMU, Wake, and Clemson. Everyone is still biased by what he did against FAMU which made our walk-ons look like Walter Payton. Pringle is averaging 4.67 ypc in those games as well.
 
Back
Top