BuffsInsight: The Coach Deion Sanders from JSU to Colorado Mega Thread

Advertisement
We’re racist for rooting against Colorado now.

This guy is one of the people in the world who absolutely does NOT get to tell me what “God is doing.” Not even a little bit.

BTW, it’s funny how all of a sudden Deion is:

a) The first ever black head coach in FBS college football.

And

b) The first ever black head coach at Colorado.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ok Luther....God will be doing something special for Oregon this weekend when they bend over Colorado.

This guy is one of the people in the world who absolutely does NOT get to tell me what “God is doing.” Not even a little bit.

BTW, it’s funny how all of a sudden Deion is:

a) The first ever black head coach in FBS college football.

And

b) The first ever black head coach at Colorado.

As your post insinuates, he is definitely none of those BUT…….

Barak Obama wasn’t the first black nominee for POTUS (I know he has a white mother but it’s irrelevant, lets just go off of perception in the black community).

The point is, its not simply about being black. We saw that with David Shaw, Ty Willingham, Charlie Strong, Randy Shannon.

Its also about and more importantly having the ability to galvanize, that personality to draw people in, charismatic. Many have referred to Deion as a conman pastor. I am ok with that. The game calls for coaches to have the ability to draw people in. He clearly has a gift for that.

Wherever Deion is, they will LOVE him and whenever he leaves, those same folks will probably hate him.

Rick Pitino and others come to mind

This shouldn't even be a debate. WTF is our alumni there repping Colorado for?

You can't put on a Colorado Buffalo shirt 1 week and then rep the U the next. They are diluting themselves.

I find it embarrassing to those individuals.
Agree with this. It’s amazing that we have posters rationalizing this.

It’s one thing to support your friend. I don’t like Deion and I personally wouldn’t support him but I get it. But, the putting on of another team’s jersey just crosses the line. You don’t need to do that to support your friend.

Advertisement
laundry washing machine GIF
Do What I Say When I Say It Pulp Fiction GIF by MIRAMAX
IMG_2836.gif

Serious question...how many of our former players give back to the school? We know Edge and Dwayne Johnson do....how about folks like Sapp, Irvin and some of the folks who root for other college football programs?
Asking for a friend.

If you were to replace black with white, and Deion with Trump, your statement would be exactly what some MAGA supporter would say. It's the same culty nonsense. Then again, con men are great at bringing out that emotion from the people they fleece. Deion isn't self validated, self validated men aren't insecure, they don't run around like a teenage girl expecting everyone to kiss their behind and if they don't, whine and pout. There's a reason why he is always looking for something, anything to have beef over.

Keep worshipping a dude that wouldn't do a **** thing for you, unless it directly benefited him. There's nothing for me to be jealous about in regards to Deion, I'm not dazzled by a wannabe pimp, and I'm doing just fine financially.
Bro you sound salty AF calling the man a wannabe pimp. That wannabe pimp bringing $$$$$$ to them folks n Colorado. Nobody is worshipping prime. I think most riding his cost tail. Entertainment my friend nothing more. He's been like this his whole career 🤣🤣

Sad part is people don't understand but he's doing ain't no different from what deon's doing or any of the rest of them that employ social media for their games they're just trying to say whatever possible to go viral in case you haven't figured All they want is people paying attention to the dumb shut they do or the dumb **** that comes out of their mouth cuz that's what keeps them paid whether you realize it or not that's exactly what Dion's doing.

Advertisement
Sad part is people don't understand but he's doing ain't no different from what deon's doing or any of the rest of them that employ social media for their games they're just trying to say whatever possible to go viral in case you haven't figured All they want is people paying attention to the dumb shut they do or the dumb **** that comes out of their mouth cuz that's what keeps them paid whether you realize it or not that's exactly what Dion's doing.
Its almost like coaching football is his side gig to help promote his real business. Hat tip to him, everyone is buying what he's selling. Just look at this silly thread thats already 25 pages on a Miami message board.

Serious question...how many of our former players give back to the school? We know Edge and Dwayne Johnson do....how about folks like Sapp, Irvin and some of the folks who root for other college football programs?
Asking for a friend.
That's a good question. Answer. Most don't have the means

Advertisement
You’re usually not a porster, so I hate to get into it with you, but man this is passive aggressive like an emotional ex-girlfriend. Tough time of month?

Next time just man up if you want to take a shot.

Lol; U do realize I don’t know u, don’t u? U do realize there are female & non-binary posters on this board, don’t u? I’ve already made the mistake of calling a female poster bro, & homie and she politely corrected me, so how about I was trying to be respectful of who or whatever u r vs. assuming u’re a male like most posters on here.

Furthermore, since u wanna talk about “emotional” let’s talk about my post real quick.

Where in the **** was I emotional about Deion?

1. Idgaf about Deion, but apparently from the 10th **** thread about him or Colorado CIS does.

2. Do HBCU athletics misappropriate funds? 100% Here’s just a couple of articles for ur reading pleasure:

3. Was Deion’s possession stolen? Yep

4. Did Deion leave the comforts of his home to coach youth football, which led to him moving up to other coaching opportunities? Yep

5. Did I not say I don’t/didn’t appreciate him using God & saying **** was his calling, preying on the emotions of the HBCU base? Yep

6. Did he not take over a 1-11 Colorado program who’s been one of the worst programs in over 20 yrs despite conference affiliations & have already exceeded expectations? Yep

7. Are he & Michael Irvin not friends? Per several pictures provided by @Memnon, are he & Sapp not friends, and was Sapp considered to be on his staff at JSU? Was he & The Rock not UA’s biggest brand ambassadors as non-athletes? Yep

8. Is CU not going to make the most money they’ve made in the last 5 yrs combined? Yep

9. Does CIS spend way too much time on ppl who don’t have chit to do w/ this U? Yep

The fact is, I’m not remotely an emotional poster. Every chit I say, I can back up. The reason y I said I’m not a clout chaser is b/c u made an affirmative comment about my knowledge or lack thereof regarding JSU’s admin, when in reality u don’t know chit of what I know. For all u know, I could be a former employee of JSU (I’m not), but I know a whole lotta ppl b/c I belong to a big *** fraternity, and I know a slew of connected ppl b/c of the work I’m in. Guess what? I’ve actually had a heated discussion w/ someone who actually works for JSU who gave me a different perspective AFTER I thought I was ripping Deion a new one.

Just b/c I don’t follow the herd, don’t mean I’m defending anything. The problem w/ this board now is it’s become a civil war. It becomes frazzled over the dumbest, minute chit and if u don’t agree then u’re labeled. If u have a problem w/ what’s going on w/in the program, u’re labeled. I don’t like our former players wearing other school’s gear, but it ain’t the end of the world, unless they were in FSU or UF gear.

If u don’t agree, then u just don’t agree. Neither of us will lose any sleep over it.

Lastly, me & passive aggressive r like oil & water. There’s a reason y I’m known as Taz among my family b/c I’m aggressive af.

Which is why private would have been better. Now the media will spin it against us and have an additional narritive for this week.
Deon already saying when they play Miami “it’s personal”.

Deon already saying when they play Miami “it’s personal”.
As it should be but until then this is waste of time. Nothing Miami does on the field can shut them up. Worrying about them before they face UO, USC, Utah, Wash, UCLA or any other decent Pac-12 team is a non starter for me. We finally have some momentum lets not squander it.

Advertisement
Back