BuffsInsight: The Coach Deion Sanders from JSU to Colorado Mega Thread

I do wish it was more like 4 to 5 high profile coaches in the HBCU conference instead of one with Prime, then it would be more sustainable instead of relying on mostly one individual to bring more attention to the conference

High profile coaches don't always equal wins, Eddie George currently has 2 losing seasons at TSU, Deion is an anomaly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So much for the whole HBCU movement. He dipped at the first chance he got.
They threw 5MIL+ at him..... He wasn't gonna say no to that... Had someone offered more he woulda taken that...

Edit- Of all the schools he was being talked about going too , no one and I mean no one thought Colorado would be the spot... But...They put the biggest check out there and he jumped...Quickly...

Let the man advance his career if that's what he wants
He's free to advance his career, but don't sit here and lie to people about being for the culture. That's why people are rightfully upset about what happened. Lots of HBCU coaches have moved up over the years, they didn't sit there and BS people in the process. Unlike the typical HBCU coach, where a move up is life changing in regards to salary and opportunities, Deion is wealthy enough as is to where he doesn't truly need the money. He just saw HBCUs as stupid/desperate enough to hire him despite having minimal coaching experience. He got there, built a "Last Chance U" program and got the **** out ASAP.

Deion didn't have to bring religion into it, he didn't have to pretend to be "For the Culture", he could have easily said "I'm here to win, and when that happens, what happens will happen". People wouldn't be so ****ed about it. He pulled a prosperity preacher schtick on HBCU supporters and they fell for it. I hope JSU got as much out of him as they could, and they follow him with a qualified coach that WANTS to be there and build a legit FCS program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s going to for sure load up that roster and kick half that team to curb. His son is a legit QB also so they will make some noise next year. With the insane Portal wave expected many kids who have talent will be cast aside because of numbers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back