Bud Elliot is a Douche

Advertisement
Except he didn't.

Fuente's norm for wins over his final 2 years should be 10 win seasons (he would have won his Year 4 bowl game if he stayed to coach it and didn't leave for VaTech). Except he didn't.

Year 1 - immediate regression by 2 wins (8 win season).
Year 2 - return to Fuente's norm (10 win season).
Year 3 - backslide regression by 2 wins (8 win season).
Year 4 - one good year, exceeds Fuente's norm by 2 games (12 win season).

Norvell's average wins per year over 4 years: 9.5 wins per season. And why should we even think that Fuente had plateaued and that he was incapable of getting ONE 12-win season over his next 4 years if he had stayed at Memphis. Arguably, Memphis may well have done better with Fuente over his next 4 years than they did with Norvell.

You call that improvement "by a good bit"? Hilarious.
Fuente at Memphis:
3-9 (10 wins is Fuente's norm)
4-8 (10 wins is Fuente's norm)
10-3(10 wins is Fuente's norm)
9-3 (10 wins is Fuente;s norm)

So Fuente's norm is 10 wins.. which he did once. He actually did less than half that twice.. but yeah, 10 wins is the norm.

Your entire 2nd part is all what if's. All I said was he statistically improved on what Fuente did. Move along.

Fuente at Memphis:
3-9 (10 wins is Fuente's norm)
4-8 (10 wins is Fuente's norm)
10-3(10 wins is Fuente's norm)
9-3 (10 wins is Fuente;s norm)

So Fuente's norm is 10 wins.. which he did once. He actually did less than half that twice.. but yeah, 10 wins is the norm.

Your entire 2nd part is all what if's. All I said was he statistically improved on what Fuente did. Move along.

You are a complete heel-digger who can't get Norvell's **** out of your mouth.

And you never said he "statistically" improved on what Fuente did, that is just another belated addition to your garbage logic.

Once again, you have resorted to the weak-minded claim (which ignores context) that all of Fuente's years are of equal weight and meaning. Not to mention ignoring the fact that Fuente left before the bowl game in his final year.

You have proven that you cannot have an adult conversation which takes into account real-life context and understanding. You ACT as if "all I said was he statistically improved on what Fuente did", but all you do is recycle the idiotic rationale of trying to include Fuente's first two years into the equation.

So let's make this simpler. What do you think would have happened in Fuente's fifth year? Do you think he would have backslid to 8 wins, or do you think he could have maintained what he had established as his benchmark of 10 wins? Do you think Fuente would have continued to recruit well and encounter even more success as he filled the roster with more of his players? Do you think it would have taken Fuente four years to win two additional games in a season? Do you think that Fuente was capable of "statistically improving" as he took Memphis from a 2-win team to a 12-win team?

Because all of those things are true. I don't "hate Fuente" because he coaches at one of Miami's arch-rivals. I can look at what he started with at Memphis and what he accomplished and give him his due respect. Similarly, I don't give a **** about Norvell being at F$U, but I can see through the smoke and mirrors of his four years at Memphis and recognize that he benefitted from Fuente taking the team from 2 wins to 10 wins in 3 years. Not to mention the fact that he enjoyed the recruiting benefits that Fuente handed him. Or are we supposed to believe that Norvell got all of his recruits because of that amazing first year where he underperformed what Fuente was doing before Norvell was hired?

Look, it's obvious, you are a Norvell fan-boy who has fallen for the hype, and no amount of rational logical reasoning is going to change your mind. And when you are this far down the rabbit hole, it makes all of your posts suspect.

Enjoy your secret Saturdays rooting for F$U, so that someday you can come back to this thread and rub our noses in it...

Advertisement
Are you ******* kidding me? How am I "talking out both sides of my mouth"?
I have CORRECTLY analyzed what happened under Fuente and Norvell by looking at the details of what they inherited and what they accomplished. You were the one who tried to obscure everything by hiding under the covers of "overall W-L record".

What did I say that was incorrect? You have demonstrated NOTHING to rebut what I said. Did Fuente inherit a garbage program? Yes. Did Fuente build it from a 1.5 wins per year program in the two years prior to his arrival to a 9.5 wins per year program in his final two years? Yes. Did Norvell average 9.5 wins per year for his four years as head coach? Yes.

Why are you digging your heels so hard? Why are you so desperate to die on the "Mike Norvell is Gawd" hill?

And you still have no answer to the issue that what Norvell inherited at Memphis is VERY different to what he inherited at F$U. Some coaches are good at repairing disastrous situations, some are not.

Maybe someday Norvell will deserve his hype. But not today.

Didn’t you know Larry Coker is a top HC? He had a better record than Schnelly bro

So King isn't a good passer now? lol okay. Did they not just watch Jordan Travis on Sunday? Sure King isn't an NFL QB most likely (I could see him making a practice squad or something) but he's a very good college quarterback.
I plead the 5th.

If he is such a Douche why are you posting his Sh## in our face. The best answer is to ignore. It makes Douche' irrelevant.
Little dramatic?

I'm just sharing a rival's bull**** hot take about Miami on a board where you share rivals' bull**** hot takes.

Advertisement
Anyone on this forum that would rather have Norvell as a head coach should be permanently banned. Cannot believe we’re here after one game against Alabama. Probably should have expected it, but still. Amazing fanbase.

Diaz inherited a good team.

Year 3. Still looking like year 1.
I'm certainly not saying that Diaz is a good coach. Having said that your statement above about year 3 looking like year 1 makes little sense. On what do you base that? Do you base that on 1 game against Alabama? Give it a few more games and we will see what it looks like. Even year 2 didn't look like year 1.

I'm certainly not saying that Diaz is a good coach. Having said that your statement above about year 3 looking like year 1 makes little sense. On what do you base that? Do you base that on 1 game against Alabama? Give it a few more games and we will see what it looks like. Even year 2 didn't look like year 1.

I'm sure he said the EXACT SAME THING when his butt-buddy Norvell won 8 games in Year 3 at Memphis after winning 8 games in Year 1...

Advertisement
Prior to this he was an attorney that failed at every job he had and tucked his tail and student debt between his legs and THEN started a college football fan page and now works for 247.
One for his win column is he gets to talk/write about CFB every day and I have to raise your kids for you. He beat me.

Advertisement
Fair enough. I would not. We can bump this in a year or two. Hope I’m wrong but seen this song & dance before.

Which song & dance? The one where a fraudulent coach gets way too much credit for running a program for a few years that someone else built?

Oh, LAAAAAAMP, come out to plaaaaaaaay...

1631463373701.png

Advertisement
Back