Bubba Bolden

Advertisement
We have enough linebacker types at safety. I'd prefer a guy who is better in coverage with fluid hips who can play the ball in the air over the stiff thumper type.
I like that kind of player too but I just remember some plays last season when bandy diagnosed the play and he just flew in there kamakaize style and miss a tackle which could have forced a turnover on downs. You don’t have to be a “ THUMPER” but just be a solid tackler. That game against Georgia tech there was a lot of diving on the floor tackling going on which was the game the team missed a total of 22 tackles IMJ

Bubs was ballin until that weird injury happened. Defense looked a lot better with him out there.

Advertisement
Honestly gurvan left a lot to be desired with his tackling at times too. Got better as he saw more snaps though as expected

It could be the best tandem we have had since KPhillips/Merriweather. (Sorry Redwine/JJohnson fans).

Gurvan and Bubba compliment each other so well its ridiculous. GHall was starting to look a little overhyped until Bubba came along and allowed Hall to go to SS where he is clearly more comfortable. He started looking like the Safety we all thought he would be. They both have potential to be All-ACC easily.

This quarantine was a gift and a curse for Bubba. When its over we know he definitely will be 100% healed but unfortunately, its taking away from the reps he needs. But F it, throw him out there and figure it out as they go along.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I believe he's going to be really good, showed flashes last season and feel he will only get better and more consistent with reps.

Agreed. I think he and Bubba will get it right, and have the potential to be truly dynamic on the back end.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El this thread has me watching the FSU/UM game now out of quarantine boredom. Bolden had the one pick and dropped another, but Hall made a lot more plays.

Advertisement
Back