Bubba Bolden

Advertisement
We have to have more “Bubbas” than any other team in the NCAA.

That’s got to be worth at least 10 wins this season.

We have to wait on our QB's. to figure out how to communicate with the Bubbas, before we can make prognostications such as 10 wins, before the first practice of 2019..............................wow.....LOL

I hear good things about Keontra and maybe RK shines in his senior season. At corner there will be some big battles. Dj Ivey Blades and the question is Frierson. Hes a big dude could eventually move to linebacker.
RK shines his senior season? With all due respect...What are you smoking? Hall and Bubba will be the starting safeties. Carter and K Smith should be the primary backups. Knowles needs to play scout team tackling dummy and nothing more. That being said 🐼 will likely put him in the 2 deep to start the season. If there’s ONE player who could cost us the UF game, it’s Knowles. I have faith in everyone else on the team. That guy gives me nightmares with his lack of engagement, poor tackling, and inability to cover.
The only thing you can bet on with Knowles is that the opposing team will run or throw to his side whenever he’s in the game.

Advertisement
RK shines his senior season? With all due respect...What are you smoking? Hall and Bubba will be the starting safeties. Carter and K Smith should be the primary backups. Knowles needs to play scout team tackling dummy and nothing more. That being said 🐼 will likely put him in the 2 deep to start the season. If there’s ONE player who could cost us the UF game, it’s Knowles. I have faith in everyone else on the team. That guy gives me nightmares with his lack of engagement, poor tackling, and inability to cover.
The only thing you can bet on with Knowles is that the opposing team will run or throw to his side whenever he’s in the game.

I said maybe. I go back years when we had guys either wait their turn or the light just turned on. A guy like that was Bubba Mcdowell he only played I think 1 or two years. Coaches call knowles a enigma the kid should play well. He had a bruising tackle on a kickoff I won't forget. Now I know all you guys hate him but he does have experience. I'm not making a prediction.

I said maybe. I go back years when we had guys either wait their turn or the light just turned on. A guy like that was Bubba Mcdowell he only played I think 1 or two years. Coaches call knowles a enigma the kid should play well. He had a bruising tackle on a kickoff I won't forget. Now I know all you guys hate him but he does have experience. I'm not making a prediction.
Trust me. I’ve seen enough in person to know this won’t be a Bubba McDowell story. Hopefully K Smith comes in ready and takes over in fall camp. His measurables say he’s ready.

Trust me. I’ve seen enough in person to know this won’t be a Bubba McDowell story. Hopefully K Smith comes in ready and takes over in fall camp. His measurables say he’s ready.

Few people knew much about B Mcdowell until a surprising senior year who went on to be a great pro.
I really like Gurvan Hall in terms of what coaches are saying should be interesting. Frierson is a monster and Blades and Ivey good finesse types. Keontra is a comer. Could Tecory Couch come in and be a sleeper early.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not Couch, he’s 150lbs soaking wet. I’m liking Bolden and Hall at the safety spots. Ivey and Blades at CB with Bandy.

Few people knew much about B Mcdowell until a surprising senior year who went on to be a great pro.
I really like Gurvan Hall in terms of what coaches are saying should be interesting. Frierson is a monster and Blades and Ivey good finesse types. Keontra is a comer. Could Tecory Couch come in and be a sleeper early.
I think Couch will surprise people if they give him the chance. He was locking up the best in the country one-on-one in the camps. He needs to add weight to sustain a season as a starter. I’m not sure there’s a better cover guy on the team. Look at his clips from the Under Armour game practices. I could see him being a guy that comes in on 3rd and long to cover the opposing team’s best WR.

With Finley entrenched as the striker I'd hope Derrick Smith gets a shake at FS. Does Keontra remind anyone else of Bandy? Would not surprise me to see him on the field August 31.

Wait a second, did somebody just compare Robert Knowles. to Bubba McDowell? I’m not one of those porsters that hates on players, but ****

Advertisement
Wait a second, did somebody just compare Robert Knowles. to Bubba McDowell? I’m not one of those porsters that hates on players, but ****

Wait did somebody not see that It was not a direct comparison or do I have to explain. My hope is that Knowles surprises us. Bubba was not a factor until his senior year.

Wait did somebody not see that It was not a direct comparison or do I have to explain. My hope is that Knowles surprises us. Bubba was not a factor until his senior year.
That's not accurate. Bubba most certainly was a factor before his senior year. Remember his game winning PBU vs. FSU? That was '87. His Junior year, hos.

That's not accurate. Bubba most certainly was a factor before his senior year. Remember his game winning PBU vs. FSU? That was '87. His Junior year, hos.

And that’s not even including his ability to block punts.

Advertisement
Don't shoot the messenger but in a rather extensive article reviewing the depth chart Banda calls Knowles elite in scrimmages but when he gets in games he panicks.

Don't shoot the messenger but in a rather extensive article reviewing the depth chart Banda calls Knowles elite in scrimmages but when he gets in games he panicks.
He has had more than enough chances. I remember that was the reasoning putting him in post LSU. Aside from his “panics” he’s phsyicslly not there I’ve see him get *****ed time and time again in run support. I still cringe thinking about FSU 2017

attachment.php

Advertisement
Back