Bubba Bolden is our most impactful safety since..

Luke Caneswalker

Grad Transfer
Going based off the eyeball test in his limited time here, I haven’t seen a safety impact the game like Bubba since Brandon Meriweather.

What are your thoughts?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Bolden pops up way more than any recent safety I can think of, including Jenkins, Jaquan, etc. This dude is really good.

I’m sorry Jenkins is not on Boldens level . While JJ made a ton of plays Bolden has the measurables to go with his play making ability.

Advertisement
There are several safeties I could name, but I will just go with the most recent, Jaquan Johnson.

Jaquan was a great college safety, as evidenced by his All American season on a top ten defense. JJ had the tackles, interceptions, forced fumbles and leadership. JJ made a lot of great plays, like the pick 6 against Virginia, which Bolden hasn’t made yet, but hopefully will soon.

JJ was a game changer and eraser against the run and pass. Bolden is having a great season, but JJ was next level for an entire season. It’s still early in the season, so we will see what Bolden does in the second half of the season.

Phillips was good but not the ballhawk Reed and Taylor were. Still, first round pick. Started in the SB, winner. Injuries cut short his NFL career.

Imagine if Bubba had Stoops as his DB coach. Kid would be even better.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back