BTW dominates Jackson & Demetrius J sacks Flowers 3 times!

PUNCICANE

All-ACC
Premium
Booker T. Washington loves looking at the No. 1 next to its name in the national rankings.

The only number the Tornadoes are as proud to look at is when there’s a zero on the scoreboard next to the opposing team’s name.

So when Jackson scored its lone touchdown on the game’s final play Thursday night, it didn’t sit well with Booker T.’s defensive leaders.

“That’s pride for us because when you score on us, it makes us feel like all that hard work we put in all week was for nothing,” said senior defensive end Demetrius Jackson. “We’ll get those things corrected.”

The Tornadoes barely missed what would have been their third shutout this season, beating Jackson 35-6 at Traz Powell Stadium.

Demetrius Jackson’s perfectionist attitude is a reflection of the entire Booker T. defense and what’s helped it dominate multiple high-quality opponents like the Generals (2-1), who entered the game ranked No. 1 in Class 5A, so far this season.

“This is one of those games people thought we might slip because Jackson is a very good and talented team,” Booker T. coach Tim “Ice” Harris said. “But it’s very hard in one week to put it together when you face the tempo at which we run this type of team.”

Booker T., the top-ranked team in the nation in every poll, has allowed only 23 points in four games. Jackson had three of the Tornadoes’ seven sacks in Thursday’s game as they once again frustrated one of the state’s best quarterbacks into an uncharacteristically bad game.

Jackson senior quarterback Quinton Flowers threw three interceptions and finished 3 of 18 passing for only 56 yards.

Flowers threw his lone touchdown pass on the game’s final play when he lobbed a 3-yarder into the corner of the end zone to Jovon Durante. He also completed a 44-yard pass to Xavier Bailey on a fake punt.

Take away those two plays and Booker T. limited Flowers to 1 of 16 passing for nine yards. In two games against the Tornadoes the past two seasons, Flowers has gone a combined 7 for 36 passing for 91 yards and four interceptions.

“The D-line comes to play every game,” senior defensive end Chad Thomas said. “We’re trying to shut out everybody in every game. We face the best offense down here every day in practice and I feel like that’s making us better and better every week.”

Junior La’Darius Crump, who transferred from Jackson in the offseason, had one of the interceptions. Brandon Boyd and Nigel Bethel II followed with one each later in the game.

With its defense dominant once again, Booker T. took control early behind another solid performance by its own quarterback, Treon Harris, who finished 10 of 14 for 160 yards, two touchdowns and one interception (only his first of the season).

Sophomore running back Mark Walton gave the Tornadoes a boost with solid rushing. Walton scored two touchdowns including a 44-yarder that gave Booker T. a 35-0 third quarter lead capping a drive in which Walton picked up 63 yards on two carries. Walton finished with 100 yards on eight carries.

Harris connected with Vaquan Smalls and Lamar Parker for touchdown passes of 21 and 26 yards. Harris also ran for a touchdown.

“A lot of guys can sit around and talk about stopping us and watch our team on video, but when you go against it, in one week I don’t think you can get it done with the type of tempo we practice and we play,” Tim Harris said. “It should have been the third shutout in four weeks, but we don’t want to be the team to put the first team back in just to preserve a shutout. We need our second team guys to be ready to face situations like that.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/20/3638476/booker-t-washington-shows-pride.html#storylink=cpy

Kid will be a monster here!! He seems to get better every game.

Advertisement
I would like to bump the tread for the porsters who hated picking up Jackson in the first place. Can someone find it, please. I be lazy!

Remember there was no risk to picking this kid up, we would just hold the upper hand.

So when Jackson scored its lone touchdown on the game’s final play Thursday night, it didn’t sit well with Booker T.’s defensive leaders.

“That’s pride for us because when you score on us, it makes us feel like all that hard work we put in all week was for nothing,” said senior defensive end Demetrius Jackson. “We’ll get those things corrected.”

:eekeyes:

Advertisement
Feel free to call me out. I was dead wrong. I didnt necessarily hate the pickup. I just didnt like how people were all over a kid that had never played a single down of HS football. But this kid is going to be a 4* and a top 100 player when its all said and done.

This is the best defense in South Florida since Carol City in 05'. And thats saying alot.

I hope Mr. Flowers now realizes that playing QB in college is all but a pipe dream. If you cant muster up decent stats against a HS team (albeit the best in the country) then how are you going to fare against Division I athletes? This guy completed 2 passes for christ sake! Smh. See the light my young boy, come to the U, play Safety alongside Jamal Carter for 3 years and make urself some money.

Feel free to call me out. I was dead wrong. I didnt necessarily hate the pickup. I just didnt like how people were all over a kid that had never played a single down of HS football. But this kid is going to be a 4* and a top 100 player when its all said and done.

This is the best defense in South Florida since Carol City in 05'. And thats saying alot.

I hope Mr. Flowers now realizes that playing QB in college is all but a pipe dream. If you cant muster up decent stats against a HS team (albeit the best in the country) then how are you going to fare against Division I athletes? This guy completed 2 passes for christ sake! Smh. See the light my young boy, come to the U, play Safety alongside Jamal Carter for 3 years and make urself some money.

In a short period of time we have seen our staff beat the rest of the country offering guys, even way OOS guys.

There certainly was no (good) reason for anyone to lose their **** over us offering Jackson at the time. I think this staff has earned some leeway, especially from people (myself included) that rely on highlights and game reports.

That might be true, JHallCanes. But alot of us are still mentally stuck in the "Raheem Buxton" days. Cant fault us for that. But Ice must have known something too because he **** sure put Randy on this kid EARLY. Thank god we got in the game when we did and not wait around until the calvary came..Because this kid is going to be getting alot of "courtesy calls" very soon.

Advertisement
Love the attitude. Our 3 commits off BTW's D are going to be huge. Chad and Demetrius are going to make our DE rotation feared. Add in Valentine and this is a unbelievable Dline class to go with fantastic Oline class. What a class the staff has put together for 2014. Not only does it have that heavy dose of SO FL talent everyone was sreaming for, but it is from some many schools that it will be the breeding ground to even greater classes. Oh, it has huge recruits from OSS and other parts of FL. The ramifications of this class will be fanastic.

A guy named La’Darius Crump and plays for Booker T?
That's a no-brainer offer right there.

It is a BS touchdown, it counts but it is BS. Surprised that Ice, if he did, played the first team with a 35-0 lead that late in the game.

Advertisement

It is a BS touchdown, it counts but it is BS. Surprised that Ice, if he did, played the first team with a 35-0 lead that late in the game.

no mercy

2nd team were in...had Ice kept in starters it would look worse ......Flowers in 2 years hasnt hit 100yds combined against BOOKER T....dude need to figure out that he is a plus athlete at safety...and a clip board holder or Mid major type @ qb if even that

when I first heard about the pickup I was surprised that the only thing coaches had to go on were his spring game highlights.I trusted the staff with their evaluation but I had to see these spring game highlights for myself.I had read people say that he was a project with very good upside. Upon actually seeing those highlights I was blown away. This kid is an absolute freak athlete with an amazing motor and outstanding potential. He is a natural football player and might be one of the best DE prospects in the nation.

Advertisement

End of article:

“A lot of guys can sit around and talk about stopping us and watch our team on video, but when you go against it, in one week I don’t think you can get it done with the type of tempo we practice and we play,” Tim Harris said. “It should have been the third shutout in four weeks, but we don’t want to be the team to put the first team back in just to preserve a shutout. We need our second team guys to be ready to face situations like that.

2nd team were in...had Ice kept in starters it would look worse ......Flowers in 2 years hasnt hit 100yds combined against BOOKER T....dude need to figure out that he is a plus athlete at safety...and a clip board holder or Mid major type @ qb if even that

Interesting, thanks Prop Joe.

End of article:

“A lot of guys can sit around and talk about stopping us and watch our team on video, but when you go against it, in one week I don’t think you can get it done with the type of tempo we practice and we play,” Tim Harris said. “It should have been the third shutout in four weeks, but we don’t want to be the team to put the first team back in just to preserve a shutout. We need our second team guys to be ready to face situations like that.

I don't get what he is so ****ed about, sounds like a BS TD to me.

Agree with this. Hopefully he figures it out.

Advertisement
Back