2028 Brysen Wright WR Mandarin

I agree on Jeremiah Smith. He had more juice. I disagree on Aldarius Johnson. He was overrated in high school. I remember saying Tommy Streeter was better and people went nuts. I think Wright moves better than Aldarius.
I can’t help but see Brandon Marshall with Brysen. Miami hasn’t had a WR that was a dominant outside force since Dre.

Hoping Moore becomes that as well.
 
It's really just ball-skills, at the core of it. Plenty of kids are super athletic...they're big, they're strong, they can run and jump and look incredible playing WR.

But the true 0.1% of the 0.1% have the ability to track the football in the air and attack it just simply better than anyone else. That's this kid, to me. It's somewhat similar to a truly elite center fielder. There are plenty of athletic guys who have played center field, but the "1 of 1" type players are just better at it. Why? Was Andruw Jones or Ken Griffey Jr simply faster or bigger or more athletic than anyone else that have played? No. But their ability to instantly recognize the ball off the bat, to take the absolute most efficient route to the ball, to know where they are, EXACTLY, on the field without taking their eyes off the ball, and the ability to finish catches while hitting the ground, or the wall, or another outfielder...that's what took them from elite to best of all-time type consideration. There are no false steps, they're never fooled by the path of the ball, they're never out of position. At the nanosecond the ball hits the bat, they're moving in the exact perfect position to make the catch. That's Wright when a ball is thrown. The instant it leaves the QBs hand, he's got laser tracking on it.

That's what I see in this kid. When the ball is in the air, it's his. He just has this completely natural ability to accelerate or throttle down absolutely perfectly, immediately, as soon as the ball is thrown to put himself in the perfect position to catch it. He naturally uses his body to shield the defender, it's almost like he doesn't even realize he's there, and he has the strength, balance, core strength, and nuance to never get knocked off his spot. He just knows where the ball is going to be at its apex better than the defender does, and his hands are completely insane making off-platform catches. IMO that's what makes him 1 of 1 as far as a pure receiver and the best prospect at the position since JJ. He's just a completely natural and gifted tracker and catcher of the football.
I hear you and I appreciate your insight. Like I said, I haven’t watched him enough to have much of an opinion on him. Just some highlights here and there to get a quick view. The issue with your description is that it could also apply to someone like Dwayne Jarrett. And, that’s a high floor for college, but I’m trying to get a sense of whether he is closer to Jarrett or Jeremiah Smith in terms of potential impact. I’ll watch more, of course, especially if we end up with him, but for now was reaching out to people who’ve already watched him to become more informed about how he wins and how that might translate to the next level.
 
I hear you and I appreciate your insight. Like I said, I haven’t watched him enough to have much of an opinion on him. Just some highlights here and there to get a quick view. The issue with your description is that it could also apply to someone like Dwayne Jarrett. And, that’s a high floor for college, but I’m trying to get a sense of whether he is closer to Jarrett or Jeremiah Smith in terms of potential impact. I’ll watch more, of course, especially if we end up with him, but for now was reaching out to people who’ve already watched him to become more informed about how he wins and how that might translate to the next level.

Brother Dwayne Jarrett caught like 250 passes and 40 TDs in college I would take that right the **** now from Brysen Wright the next 3 seasons 😂
 
Brother Dwayne Jarrett caught like 250 passes and 40 TDs in college I would take that right the **** now from Brysen Wright the next 3 seasons 😂
I noted it was a high floor. He was a 2nd or 3rd rounder, too. I think you’d acknowledge there is a clear gap between that level and someone like JSmith in college. This kid is the #1 overall player. Expectations are clearly sky high.
 
I noted it was a high floor. He was a 2nd or 3rd rounder, too. I think you’d acknowledge there is a clear gap between that level and someone like JSmith in college. This kid is the #1 overall player. Expectations are clearly sky high.

I promise you I'm not trying to be a prick, and I know you just picked a somewhat random player in Jarrett, but honestly Jarrett did have Jeremiah Smith level production. He averaged 82 yards and 1.12 TDs per game in his first 2 years. JJ is at 88 yards a game and .93 TDs per game. Jarrett was insanely productive.

I know what you're trying to say though, I think. It just *looks* different with JJ. I agree. If you want an opinion about overall athleticism, I think Wright is closer to Jarrett than Smith. I just don't see Brysen flat running by kids right now in terms of that elite explosion, straight-line gallops that JJ has where he just eats up yards. No, I'm not saying Brysen isn't athletic, before people go nuts. He's insanely athletic. I just think if you did strictly combine type drills between JJ at 16 and Brysen at 16, JJ is above him. 40 yard dash, vertical, broad jump, 3-cone, etc. JJ is on another level, IMO. But as far as production, I fully expect Brysen to have JJ, Dwayne Jarrett level production wherever he goes, provided he gets the opportunities. He's just effortless in terms of tracking the ball and catching it, which IMO is the name of the game as a WR.

I haven't and won't say he's as good of a prospect as JJ. Not yet, at least. He turned 16 literally last week, he's obviously nowhere near finished. But, and I said this when JJ was a freshman in HS, he's the best WR prospect I've seen since Julio Jones. The combination of size, speed, fluidity, catching ability, body control, etc. He's a freak of nature. And IMO Brysen is the best pure WR prospect since JJ, but he's not quite as good. So that means, IMO with JJ in the class of 2024, I think Brysen is a better prospect than any of the kids in 2025, 2026, or 2027, so that includes Dakorien Moore, Chris Henry, Tristen Keys, etc. I think Brysen would be ranked ahead of any of those kids were he the same age/in the same class.

I think the recruiting rankings agree too. Brysen is the highest ranked overall WR recruit since JJ. None of the other kids in 2025, 2026, or 2027 are top overall recruits like JJ was and Brysen is.
 
Larry had a younger brother that played ball. That must be his son because that’s his only bother. Knew the dad well also. God people
 
I hear you and I appreciate your insight. Like I said, I haven’t watched him enough to have much of an opinion on him. Just some highlights here and there to get a quick view. The issue with your description is that it could also apply to someone like Dwayne Jarrett. And, that’s a high floor for college, but I’m trying to get a sense of whether he is closer to Jarrett or Jeremiah Smith in terms of potential impact. I’ll watch more, of course, especially if we end up with him, but for now was reaching out to people who’ve already watched him to become more informed about how he wins and how that might translate to the next level.
I dont know if Dwayne Jarrett was doing what Brysen Wright is doing at the same age of 15 years old. that is the biggest trait here. If he was a 2027 kid I would probably lean to your side of the argument. But this kid is doing all of this....at 15 years old. (EDIT: He just turned 16.) But to be the #1 player in the country..excluding nobody...at 16 yrs old is very rare company.
 
I don't think America realizes what is going to happen between 2028-2040.... Absolutely ridiculous talent. And I expect our roster to just reload until Marios retirement.

Seniors. one of the following (one pro):
Upshaw Senior
Moore Senior

Juniors:
Wingo
Paris
Spafford
Evans

Sophomores:
Lennear
Sears
Woodard

Freshman (projecting):
Brysen Wright
Tromon Isaac
Tuaone
 
Worst the debate is for hs.

The things they have stated...."Ermon didnt come off the field...he did it on all phases?...

I go on to show that yea Bysen wright does the same..plays safety..pr ...kr etc.

Response...yea but he aint "like that"...Ermon was like thats why he was the #1 wr in the country.....

I show that Brysen Wright is listed as the #1 wr in his class in the country and he did all that as a 14-15 yr old.

their response: Yea ...he gotta do it in pads....inferring that wright is just a 7 on 7 guy....

I then stopped n realize i wasnt gonna get anywhere. lol. Ermon Lane himself is under the post.

this same debate is apart of the debate series post which is int even the most egregious question.....

this is the one....Mali Toney vs Tyrek Cole who are you taking in high school in a one on one. Yes.....Tyrek Cole from Miramar Hs.

im shocked cole has close to 10 ppl whoa rent family members saying him.
Reminds me of how everyone knew a guy at the park hooping that was better than Jordan growing up.
 
I don’t think it’s unfair to compare Wright to Lane as prospects. Both similarly highly touted and play(ed) the same position. Obviously we know how Lane turned out.

For skeptics of Wright who see a lack of a 4.3 forty, sub-four shuttle, and whichever other traits as cause for concern he ends up like Lane or Jadon Haselwood, there are easy hidden differences which illuminate why Wright is superior. All 3 played both sides of the football.

First, Haselwood didn’t produce as a five star WR in high school until his senior season. His stats beforehand were subpar. That’s a combination of durability, run-first scheme, and week to week performance issues.

Second, the main difference between Lane and Wright is age. Ermon Lane was held back, and thus turned 19 in November of his senior year. Meanwhile, Wright will be early enrolling at 17 years old. Moreover, this means that Lane turned 16 as his freshman season was near-ending versus Wright who just turned 16 in the second game of his junior year.

Lane tested better than I thought: 4.52 forty, 4.23 shuttle, and 34.4” inch vertical going into his senior year of HS according to 247; while ESPN has him slower w/ a 4.68 forty, 4.6 shuttle, and a 36 inch vertical at an earlier date. Haselwood had similarly tested well for his size: 4.57 forty, 4.25 shuttle, 35 inch vertical @ 6’2.5”, 200 pounds, with 10 inch hands.

Brysen also has showcased electric elusiveness on punt returns and interceptions which we never really saw from Ermon Lane. Wright had 6 PRs for 254 yards; including one that went 85 yards last year. Wright had five interceptions with 256 IR yards as a sophomore. Haselwood had some good INT returns yet not at that level of Wright who had 3 defensive touchdowns and 2 PR TDs.

Wright showcased more physicality on the defensive side of the ball than either Lane or Haselwood as indicated by Wright’s 39 solo-dolo tackles as a sophomore matching Haselwood’s total, including assisted, tackles from all 4 years in HS; thus, indicating a significantly higher level of stamina and energy and consistent blocking potential. I don’t recall either Lane or Haselwood playing high-level basketball either.

Lane’s 4 seasons in hs were this:
IMG_7759.jpeg


Compared to where Wright is at right now;
IMG_7760.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top