-Says he and Miami are talking about an offical
-Sam with UF
-official set to Oregon on October 19th
-Texas A&M on November 2nd
- More open to leaving Cali now then before
- Like Miami campus, people and school
- weather important
- All schools have to have kinesiology as a major
- Education very important. Degree has to matter.
- Committing in November

If he came here or UM felt great about their chances with him Herndon is gone. Plus if education and weather are key factors UM makes hella sense

We need a few young TEs, wouldn't surprise me if we take 2.

2 Sr: Walford and Sandland
2 So: Dobard and O'Donnell

Advertisement
-Sam with UF
- weather important
- Committing in November

If he came here or UM felt great about their chances with him Herndon is gone. Plus if education and weather are key factors UM makes hella sense

Didn't Lockley was supposed to come here as a TE?

-Sam with UF
- weather important
- Committing in November

Didn't Lockley was supposed to come here as a TE?

Yeah, plus Beau and Clive will most likely stay for their sr year so we wont need the depth as badly as long as we get a 2015 te

-Have Canes in top 6 with Oregon, UF**, Texas A&M, UCLA, and USC.
-All are even
-"I really like Miami" and that Hurricane coaches "are super interested, and I've been trying to set up an official visit. I'm real interested in Miami."
-"My dad, he loves Miami," Dixon said. "I'm not really a college football fan. My dad, he says how they're legendary for tight ends. He likes their swag."

Source: http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1564507

Lockley would definitely be a TE. Would be nice to take one more though. Not sure O'Donnell is here long term

Advertisement
-Sam with UF
- weather important
- Committing in November

There is a chance that Walford could leave.

-All are even
-"I really like Miami" and that Hurricane coaches "are super interested, and I've been trying to set up an official visit. I'm real interested in Miami."
-"My dad, he loves Miami," Dixon said. "I'm not really a college football fan. My dad, he says how they're legendary for tight ends. He likes their swag."

His dad can enroll too!

-All are even

His dad can enroll too!
421.jpg

-All are even

His dad can enroll too!

Man, I think that would be the first of that type of package deal, lol!

Advertisement
-All are even

His dad can enroll too!

Man, I think that would be the first of that type of package deal, lol!

Can Dad play DT?

Yea i think clive will leave. He graduates this year and he is engaged and just had a son a few months ago so he could likely use the money. So could help with dixon.

Yea i think clive will leave. He graduates this year and he is engaged and just had a son a few months ago so he could likely use the money. So could help with dixon.

Does he have enough production this year to make the move? He makes big catches when he does get the ball, but we only target him 2-3 times a game at the most. I think the talent is there, and I have no idea how deep TE is this year. I usually don't see him on the top 5 draft eligible TEs though

I think he has over 200yds and 3td. If he can get to 400-500 yds with 6-7 td i think with workouts and stuff he could be 3rd-4th round pick. He had 400+yds last year with 4td.

Advertisement

Does he have enough production this year to make the move? He makes big catches when he does get the ball, but we only target him 2-3 times a game at the most. I think the talent is there, and I have no idea how deep TE is this year. I usually don't see him on the top 5 draft eligible TEs though

I think it would be foolish even if he continues this trend through 12 games....

Currently through 6 games: 13 for 211 and 2 TDs

12 Games: 26 for 422 and 4 TDs (similar to last year)

Unless he gets some bigger production, he should stay he won't be drafted 1/2nd round. He also won't bust out some insane 40 yard dash time to impress some scouts. He will need to do it via production IMO. Look at the list below, they don't even rank him http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/TE
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2015/TE
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=113368&draftyear=2015&genpos=TE

1. Eric Ebron (31 for 531 and 3 TDs)
2. Jace Amaro (56 for 732 and 3 TDs)
3. Austin Seferian-Jenkins (17 for 205 and 4TDs) *Missed a game but has the career production, DUI may hurt him*

I think he has over 200yds and 3td. If he can get to 400-500 yds with 6-7 td i think with workouts and stuff he could be 3rd-4th round pick. He had 400+yds last year with 4td.

The issue is how much could he improve that 40 yard dash. He probably is a high 4.7 guy and his film doesn't scream athleticism. His film will show a big man getting open. His production is nothing to brag about either.

He may be a 3rd/4th round pick, but why leave when that isn't guaranteed.

Last edited:

The issue is how much could he improve that 40 yard dash. He probably is a high 4.7 guy and his film doesn't scream athleticism. His film will show a big man getting open. His production is nothing to brag about either.

To play devil's advocate, I'm not sure he is going to get much better or faster. He's been playing for 3 years and has gotten a lot of snaps and has been through multiple U Tough off-season programs. A new QB next year might need some time to adjust. If he is engaged and has a kid, I couldn't blame him

Advertisement

To play devil's advocate, I'm not sure he is going to get much better or faster. He's been playing for 3 years and has gotten a lot of snaps and has been through multiple U Tough off-season programs. A new QB next year might need some time to adjust. If he is engaged and has a kid, I couldn't blame him

He may be a workout freak at the combine so remember that too and that can skyrocket him also

Hopefully Clive stays, especially with a guy like Williams starting next year. Guy loves his tight ends so clives numbers should be a lot better next year

I get the argument and I think it is fair.

He may not get faster. I think there is room for improvement (blocking, route running). I don't think his combine will blow anyone off the charts. I think what he can do is get his production up and tighten up his game. I understand that he is engaged and has a kid, but it may just be a poor decision to leave now.

Perhaps under Ryan Williams he puts up 35 for 650 and 8 TDs. Even if he has the same season again, he still can get better IMO. Scouts will notice it.

Advertisement
Back