Bryce Dixon update

I think he has over 200yds and 3td. If he can get to 400-500 yds with 6-7 td i think with workouts and stuff he could be 3rd-4th round pick. He had 400+yds last year with 4td.

The issue is how much could he improve that 40 yard dash. He probably is a high 4.7 guy and his film doesn't scream athleticism. His film will show a big man getting open. His production is nothing to brag about either.

He may be a 3rd/4th round pick, but why leave when that isn't guaranteed.

To play devil's advocate, I'm not sure he is going to get much better or faster. He's been playing for 3 years and has gotten a lot of snaps and has been through multiple U Tough off-season programs. A new QB next year might need some time to adjust. If he is engaged and has a kid, I couldn't blame him

He may be a workout freak at the combine so remember that too and that can skyrocket him also

I doubt he will blow anyone away with speed. He may be strong but he doesn't have the speed.

Advertisement
I think he has over 200yds and 3td. If he can get to 400-500 yds with 6-7 td i think with workouts and stuff he could be 3rd-4th round pick. He had 400+yds last year with 4td.

The issue is how much could he improve that 40 yard dash. He probably is a high 4.7 guy and his film doesn't scream athleticism. His film will show a big man getting open. His production is nothing to brag about either.

To play devil's advocate, I'm not sure he is going to get much better or faster. He's been playing for 3 years and has gotten a lot of snaps and has been through multiple U Tough off-season programs. A new QB next year might need some time to adjust. If he is engaged and has a kid, I couldn't blame him

He may be a workout freak at the combine so remember that too and that can skyrocket him also

I doubt he will blow anyone away with speed. He may be strong but he doesn't have the speed.

You dont really need the speed if you have the body that he does. Coaches can imagine him becoming a great blocker in the future and a red zone freak IF hes coached right which i think everybody can imagine. **** Antonio Gates doesn't blow you away with the speed but he has enough ability and enough speed to be great

Ryan Williams played in 3 games this year, he has thrown 22 for 31 369 Yards 3TDs and 1 INT

Against Savannah State: 11 for 13 176 Yards and 2 TDs
- Hit Walford twice for receptions of 36 and 14
- Hit Sandland for three reception of 10, 13 and 20 Yards
- Targeted Sandland on another attempt but was incomplete

Against USF: 8 for 14 153 Yards, 1 TD & 1 INT
- Hit Sandland twice for receptions of 6 and 3 Yards

To TEs: 8 Targets out of 27 throws, 7 Receptions for 102 Yards

You dont really need the speed if you have the body that he does. Coaches can imagine him becoming a great blocker in the future and a red zone freak IF hes coached right which i think everybody can imagine. **** Antonio Gates doesn't blow you away with the speed but he has enough ability and enough speed to be great

I don't know what coaches think, I am just giving my opinion on his draft. I don't think you know what coaches think either (no disrespect). People love athletic TEs and draft them early, they create mismatches and opportunities. He isn't this athletic guy, he is the hard worker and chain mover. I think to draft a TE early, the film really needs to speak and the athleticism needs to be there.

I think my big knock on him, is a knock on our QB. THROW WALFORD THE **** BALL. He doesn't get enough targets and receptions. If he was getting more numbers, I think it would be smarter for him to leave after the season. I just don't think it is smart to leave to be a 3rd/4th rounder (which is not guaranteed).

As for Antonio Gates, he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds, and his vertical leap was 39 inches. I don't think Clive will hit anything like this but who knows. Remember he was undrafted. Antonio is also a premier route runner, I don't think we can say the same thing for Clive.

Clive Walford only tested in the bench and vertical last year (330 and 31.5 respectively) - he had a 335-pound bench and 31.5-inch vertical this year. His body fat increased from 15.8 to 19.2, and he's put on close to 10 pounds. He did 24 reps at 225 which is not bad and claims he ran a 4.6 as a freshman when he was 235 lbs. I believe he has gotten slower with he extra weight (260lbs) and needs to lose some body fat. 19.2 is high for an athlete...

Last edited:
Advertisement
"Miami is still in it," said Dixon. "I like the way they use their tight ends. Miami is known for tight ends, and I love that. But to be real with you, they haven't been hitting me up as much lately."

Source: http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1577312

Seems like they feel as if they're not in it. If he really is interested he has to hit the team up and say I really am still interested and prove it

Advertisement
Back