Bryant McKinnie

the concerning to me (slightly bc i know theyre doing just basic stuff since its a new staff) is that romberg would quiz them on diff things theyre going to see in game and the kids looked lost

Advertisement
I think Nkosi is "leading" based on offseason work as well as his experience playing last year (not saying it means much).

However, I would be very surprised if we saw Nkosi or Jarren start against UF. I think it would be a lot easier for Enos to pull a rabbit out of his butt game 1 with Martell at QB. I don't think Nkosi will be able to be consistent enough for him to get the nod game 1. Unless Jarren figures it out quick (mentally), I don't know if Enos is going to have the trust in him to give him the keys in his 1st real college action - GAME 1 vs UF. Too much at stake for Enos to be comfortable letting Jarren run the show when he's not all there mentally.

but how do we know tate would be ready? hes not very experienced either. i dont think we know anything yet bout this race and with 4 weeks to go, i hope the guy that wins blows out the comp and not just slightly nudges ahead

Advertisement
With tate though kid got change of direction skills man theres this one run thats pretty impressive I saw on WEZ at OSU vs some school. He toasted dudes and made them look foolish kid can move. I dont like the lame ducks he throws but if Malik can throw it this kid can throw it better and moves better then Malik
I'm firmly in the "just don't care who it is as long as they don't suck" crowd, but I'm thinking the same. Dude may not be a great passer, but as long as he's as good as Rosier and a better runner he's an upgrade.

Finally it's about time a coach that allows alumni player's to come and help the team out ,this should of been done like 15 years ago on.
It was done 15 years ago and 10 years ago and 5 and 2.

Every coach we've had has embraced the former players, they all understood how important they are. The problem is when their coaching turns out to be smoke and mirrors and the former guys see it, out they go. Irving, Ray, and Ed all spoke to the team during the early days of al's unfortunate employment, but once sht didn't pan out for al he stopped letting those guys hang around.

I'm firmly in the "just don't care who it is as long as they don't suck" crowd, but I'm thinking the same. Dude may not be a great passer, but as long as he's as good as Rosier and a better runner he's an upgrade.
I thnk Enos also will be the type to not draw u[ plays to make him throw stuff that he cant.........Enos is a strength adaptive coach he will play to guys strengths he wont try to fit guys into a system he coaches to use what he has and make players better.

Coaches that are stuck in there ways are the worst, like Golden 3-4 and making chickillo warren sapp instead of putting the kid into position of what he does best. Thats what this staff is about making players better not making them fit into roles they arent good at.

Advertisement
I thnk Enos also will be the type to not draw u[ plays to make him throw stuff that he cant.........Enos is a strength adaptive coach he will play to guys strengths he wont try to fit guys into a system he coaches to use what he has and make players better.
I fckin hope so. It's been years since a coach on one side of the ball or the other wasn't insisting his guys could do sht they clearly couldn't.

Advertisement

You might want to rethink "as good as Rosier".

Nowhere close to good enough for Miami to be successful.

Advertisement
You might want to rethink "as good as Rosier".

Nowhere close to good enough for Miami to be successful.

I didn't say that was the goal, I said even that would be an upgrade. Couple that with an OC who plays to his team's strengths and we'll be a lot better than last year. Not ideal, not where we want to be, but much better.

I didn't say that was the goal, I said even that would be an upgrade. Couple that with an OC who plays to his team's strengths and we'll be a lot better than last year. Not ideal, not where we want to be, but much better.

I just disagree (shocking).

Rosier's level of play is D2...not D1. If QB1 matches Rosier...Miami is in BIG TROUBLE no matter who the OC is.

Yikes.

If starter isnt at 65% pass comp, Miami's OL hasnt proven in years they can establish the run against girl scouts.

I just disagree (shocking).

Rosier's level of play is D2...not D1. If QB1 matches Rosier...Miami is in BIG TROUBLE no matter who the OC is.

Yikes.

If starter isnt at 65% pass comp, Miami's OL hasnt proven in years they can establish the run against girl scouts.

That's very true, but it comes down to how much of that you think is talent and how much is coaching. Richt left so much on the table that even a little improvement at QB and a decent OC will show impressive dividends. Those losses last year could have been fixed with a better OL and QB, but some of them could have been fixed with the same personnel and better coaching. Richt refused to coach to the players he had instead of the players he wished he had...fix that and we win at least 9 this year.

Im starting to think its Tates job to lose, just the dynamic of running he has to be the guy. The Gators would rather sit back defend the pass but with TM they have to play him and he will gash them. Just a DT guy is perfect to fuq up there whole defensive package.
Huh? Based on what? He had 1 good scrimmage. By all accounts, N'kosi has a slight lead going into Fall camp and won the Best QB award in the Spring. I just don't know how you make that statement when Fall camp hasn't even started.

No need to speculate. We'll find out who's the starting QB in < 3 weeks.

Advertisement
Back