Bryant McKinnie

theyre all learning a new offense tho. again, three teams equates to what in blow out time (OSU wasnt putting tate in there when the game was on the line). we did see perry wtih the game on the line last year and he was meh to bad. williams same as tate. again, those blowout highlight tapes dont mean much to me considering he was the worst of the three qbs all spring sans the final scrimmage. i get it that you like him, but you gotta be fair with the QB comp. tate hasnt proven in his career that hes even capable of being the guy and that goes for perry and williams, as well.
I understand your point but my opinion is different. Regardless of competition, I see an elite playmaker. You also disregard his high school film but he played against the best. He played early against the other 2 teams and came in on the goal line against Michigan State in the first quarter.

Advertisement
It was 3 teams and it was all highlights. Of course he looked bad at first, not only was he learning a completely new offense and timing with WRs, Enos admitted to changing some of his mechanics and he needed more time. In the final scrimmage, you can tell Enos said, I'm going to design this to Tate's skills and see what happens. Well, he looked like himself again.
Exactly. Garbage time highlights with his team up a minimum of 3 TD's against a bunch of nobodies where he barely even threw the ball more than 10 yards.

The thing about the spring is this: Only one Qb was consistent throughout, and that was Perry. Tate was (maybe) aight the first scrimmage, alarmingly bad at Traz, and then bounced back for the final game, which is what you like to see.

Just as Enos was correcting Tate's game, he's also been correcting Perry and William's game as well. They all are new Qb's. Let them compete.

Exactly. Garbage time highlights with his team up a minimum of 3 TD's against a bunch of nobodies where he barely even threw the ball the ball more than 10 yards.

The thing about the spring is this. Only one Qb was consistent throughout, and that was Perry. Tate was (maybe) aight the firs tscrimmage, alarmingly bad at Traz, and then bounced back for the final game, which is what you like to see.

Just as Enos was correcting Tate's game, he's also been correcting Perry and William's game as well. They all are new Qb's. Let them compete.
They are competing and I'm very excited we have 3 capable QBs and Enos.

I understand your point but my opinion is different. Regardless of competition, I see an elite playmaker. You also disregard his high school film but he played against the best. He played early against the other 2 teams and came in on the goal line against Michigan State in the first quarter.

i hope youre right but i watched QB1 and i didnt see that. i hope one of the 3 is that tho bc well be average till we can get good to very good QB play

Lmao y'all tunred this into a QB discussion? Our O-Line is sliding off the ball like **** on a used washcloth and this is what your guys are talking about? It won't matter who the QB is 8/24 if we somewhat, kinda, but maybe have a LT out there that is liable to get the QB killed. Guys needing help to understand their assignments. We still dealing with the BS clique chit. I trust our Defense but man that O-Line talk is sobering as ****
This. If we can't run the ball we're ****ed anyway

Advertisement
i hope so, but i think everyone is hyping tate up a little too much with very little evidence so far. we did see him first hand in the spring and he wasnt what i admittedly expected either (i thought hed come in and crush the comp). i hope he or the other 2 become the dude bc this insane hype for a dude who played sparingly in 3 years is pretty incredible.

Tate is good.

The fact he didn’t dominate and run away with the job prove N’Kosi and Jarren are good too.

People forget all these guys are talented and highly rated prospects. They also forgot the spring was a trial by fire against one of the five or ten best defenses in the country.

Enos didn’t give them any training wheels or life preservers. He coached them hard, challenged them, and put them in demanding situations. Enos has to figure out what he has.

I am stoked about the potential of all three guys. All we need is ball protection. THAT IS ALL. We get that from the starter and everything else will fall into place. Their talent will shine through.

I am much less concerned about qb than I am about the tackle opposite Scaife. We get decent play there, 2019 will make 2017 look like 2018.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Tate is good.

The fact he didn’t dominate and run away with the job prove N’Kosi and Jarren are good too.

People forget all these guys are talented, here Guly rated prospects. They also forgot the spring was a trial by fire against one of the five or ten best defenses in the country.

Enos didn’t give them any training wheels or life preservers. He coached them hard, challenged them, and put them in demanding situations. Enos has to figure out what he has.

I am stoked about the potential of all three guys. All we need is ball protection. THAT IS ALL. We get that from the starter and everything else will fall into place. Their talent will shine through.

I am much less concerned about qb than I am about the tackle opposite Scaife. We get decent play there, 2019 will make 2017 look like 2018.
All 3 of the QBs are talented which is why when people say oh tate ran from comp at osu like that’s supposed to mean something sounds ridiculous. He has even more comp at Miami with another former top 80 player in the country and top 200 player he’s competing against. Whoever it is going to be will get great coaching from enos

Advertisement
Back