Bryan McClendon comin'...aaaannnd he's gone

Random question and I’m sure it’s been answered before but, what happened to Lance? Dude was a film breakdown wizard.

Advertisement
I know the smith stuff isn't true but holy **** if he did leave. no one is sitting Mario down, but there must be something not sitting well there beyond Mario
TRob has always been a mercenary and an SEC guy. Smith is a Dade guy and isn't.

TRob has always been a mercenary and an SEC guy. Smith is a Dade guy and isn't.

T rob is from the area too. it doesn't matter where the dude is from. Mario is from miami and said **** it im going to Saban. all about whatever gets you to the peak of your profession faster. for Mario, the right move was Bama. for t rob, same. for Kevin smith, It may be here as well.

Advertisement
I think both guys are simply trying to hire good coaches. I do not think that either Saban or Smart is sitting around looking at their various SEC and national title trophies like, "well **** I better raid Miami's staff or else I won't be winning any more of these!"
Nah.

A lot of Bama and UGA success has lied on the hands,shoulders, and feet of Florida boyz...

It's not a mindset of raiding Miami staff.. it's a mindset of making strategic chess moves to sabotage Miami ability to lock down the Florida blue chips and in turn keeping a strong tie to the area to keep those players thinking about moving away.

Advertisement
2 SEC boys went back to SEC schools. Bmac wife didn't want to live in Miami. He went back to his school.

Likens is a better WR coach than BMAC. Not as good recruiter but not way worse.

Way too many tears in here. Who cares about a WR or CB coach.

HC and the 2 coordinators are the most important followed by OL and DL coaches.

I feel good about HC and the OL and DL coach. I think Mario will
Hire good coordinators.

Last edited:
How does a guy who's been snatching kids from this area and getting them to go to Alabama, not connect with inner City coaches?
who invented that? it has nothing to do with. not connecting lol. it has everything to do with maybe miami may not be the job we thought it would be even w Mario till we start doing on the field.

2 SEC boys went back to SEC schools. Bmac wife didn't want to live in Miami. He went back to his school.

Likens is a better WR coach than BMAC. Not as good recruiter but not way worse.

Way too many tears in here. Who the f cares about a WR or CB coach.

HC and the 2 coordinators are the most important followed by OL and DL coaches.

I feel good about HC and the OL and DL coach. I think Mario will
Hire good coordinators.

well we told likens to leave. we have 3 coaches lol

Advertisement
How does a guy who's been snatching kids from this area and getting them to go to Alabama, not connect with inner City coaches?
Bro what was your sense on the relationship that he has with the few guys that are hire on staff? I already know the answer but I think everybody needs to hear it for themselves.

3EC70E55-0BDB-483F-B1E0-A2E6FF7EB642.jpeg

Advertisement
Bro what was your sense on the relationship that he has with the few guys that are hire on staff? I already know the answer but I think everybody needs to hear it for themselves.
The few guys that remained from the last staff spoke very highly of Mario.
There was so much moving around that it was hard for me to observe how Mario interacted with most of the coaches.

Why not announce it? Because it is all message board BS.

Mario / Miami will announce the hires once they are done. Nothing is done....just optimis

Nah.

A lot of Bama and UGA success has lied on the hands,shoulders, and feet of Florida boyz...

It's not a mindset of raiding Miami staff.. it's a mindset of making strategic chess moves to sabotage Miami ability to lock down the Florida blue chips and in turn keeping a strong tie to the area to keep those players thinking about moving away.
You get it! Preach!

There's no way the staff situation is a good thing at this point. Very odd how we aren't gaining traction with our staff.

Advertisement
Back