Bryan McClendon comin'...aaaannnd he's gone

Thank you sir. That says it all. Case closed. Stop with all of the TROB was the best thing since sliced bread Bull ****.
Idk about that....besides, Cribby didn't say WHY. For all we know, it could be Mario felt he couldn't be trusted (from the standpoint of giving his word) and decided to let him walk.

Almost 1,000% sure he didn't let him walk due to Mario's being un-impressed with T-Rob's coaching/recruiting acumen. Which is what it sounds like you're alluding to.....which I would have to disagree with.

Advertisement
But we can't get upset over facts.
grace helbig cooking GIF by This Might Get

Not trying to read too much into this stuff but McClendon wasn't tagged in any offers that went out yesterday (don't think any were WRs tho) and hasn't tweeted or liked a tweet in 24 hours as well. I find it noticeable because most of the staff is pretty active on twitter right now. Hopefully he's working through things and stays at Miami but we typically know how this stuff ends...

Idk about that....besides, Cribby didn't say WHY. For all we know, it could be Mario felt he couldn't be trusted (from the standpoint of giving his word) and decided to let him walk.

Almost 1,000% sure he didn't let him walk due to Mario's being un-impressed with T-Rob's coaching/recruiting acumen. Which is what it sounds like you're alluding to.....which I would have to disagree with.

Impressed with T-Rob's recruiting by far. Coaching, I didn't see major improvement in that area from the previous coaches. You could even argue that the secondary took a step back.

Advertisement
Mario letting TRob walk without a fight jives with what many in the know expected out of their relationship. The two have a past and guy is a mercenary to begin with. Those expecting TRob to stay on staff when they saw him out recruiting are quite naive.

this is absolutely false. He also retweeted Innis and some of the other WR recruits who are posting pictures from elite prospect day just yesterday.

You're right sorry over 17 hours ago... just saying every other coach including McClendon have been super active on twitter (past week or so) and McClendon hasn't done anything in 17 hours. Could be nothing, could be something. Just pointing it out.

You're right sorry over 17 hours ago... just saying every other coach including McClendon have been super active on twitter and McClendon hasn't done anything in 17 hours. Could be nothing, could be something. Just pointing it o
the RB coach last tweet was 14h ago, 15hrs and counting for Cristobal, DL coach RT something 17hrs ago

Impressed with T-Rob's recruiting by far. Coaching, I didn't see major improvement in that area from the previous coaches. You could even argue that the secondary took a step back.
I wanna try and give T-Rob the benefit of the doubt there only because I think he could only do so much with Manny naming himself DC... I think T-Rob played good soldier and did what the Coach asked... Downside is the HC/DC was horrible and it reflected on everyone...
Remember before the season when we got T-Rob and Shoop and we're told things would be different... those guys would have input on how the D was run and what did we get??? Manny doing Manny things...
So I'm not giving T-Rob a total pass but he wasn't the problem here...

Advertisement
For as much that people talk about how bmac’s
Wife doesn’t like Miami, she appeared to be all in with Oregon. That said, bmac has strong GA ties, his wife is from Atlanta (and I believe they met at uga) so it would shock me if he stuck around.
His wife is going to be the deciding factor. I'm sure she has all her family and friends there. I would be completely shocked if he stays.

If she's not happy and Atlanta is home, it's going to wind up as her decision. The only way he could convince her to stay (and he may want to go anyway) is to remain loyal to Mario.

I wanna try and give T-Rob the benefit of the doubt there only because I think he could only do so much with Manny naming himself DC... I think T-Rob played good soldier and did what the Coach asked... Downside is the HC/DC was horrible and it reflected on everyone...
Remember before the season when we got T-Rob and Shoop and we're told things would be different... those guys would have input on how the D was run and what did we get??? Manny doing Manny things...
So I'm not giving T-Rob a total pass but he wasn't the problem here...

That's fair. I believe we'll be able to find someone that will do just as good coaching/teaching the positions. But his recruiting will be what will be missed mostly and harder to replace.

Advertisement
your opinion, was that a mistake? I know you said they don't get along well but with Raymond at UF, having t rob seems crucial.
Let's see how Raymond does without a boat load of L$U cash to aid in his recruiting. Maybe Florida is upping its bag game. Not saying Raymond is not an excellent position coach, but it does not hurt recruiting with all the extras that go with being at a big-time bag school.

Well there’s a lot to unpack here.

That’s obviously just your personal opinion. I’m not quite sure why you’d be so unconcerned about losing one of the best DB coaches in the country, but you are free to think as you wish, friend.

The fact that McClendon would even consider leaving is alarming. He already has the Co-OC title here, so he wouldn’t be leaving for a promotion. Mario thinks highly enough of him that he went out of his way to bring him over from Oregon, so we can’t use the “he’s not that good” line that we love to use when coaches leave. Bottom line - if a guy is considering leaving a job he took less than a month ago for a lateral position, it’s a really bad look.

We don’t know for sure whether or not an offer was extended to Briles. Numerous sources at Arkansas as well as a national source indicate that an offer was made. Briles himself imitated one was made on Twitter.

One possible explanation of events has be put forth by a poster here that states he wasn’t turned down. Another possible explanation of events - one that indicates Mario did indeed turn him down - has also been put forth by a different poster here. Both posters agree Raymond reached out to us and ultimately didn’t get the job.
Why is it you gotta come back here after being banned and bring this drama. We don't have enough nonsense around here already without your speil... Not one soul of relevance has told you bmac has put any consideration at all into UGA. You just saw this pricks comment and ran with it knowing these people are traumatized & always grasping straws. Relax man...

your opinion, was that a mistake? I know you said they don't get along well but with Raymond at UF, having t rob seems crucial.
Nothing about t-rob was critical. He's a good recruiter. That's what he is. No one will try to take that from him. But he's a slightly above average COACH. Mario is an elite recruiter who is hands on at every position & WINNING IS THE BEST RECRUITER OF ALL. Rb,wr & db are south fl staples... Winning recruits all of the locals all by itself.

Advertisement
Let's see how Raymond does without a boat load of L$U cash to aid in his recruiting. Maybe Florida is upping its bag game. Not saying Raymond is not an excellent position coach, but it does not hurt recruiting with all the extras that go with being at a big-time bag school.
uf apparently gave nap an unlimited budget

Why is it you gotta come back here after being banned and bring this drama. We don't have enough nonsense around here already without your speil... Not one soul of relevance has told you bmac has put any consideration at all into UGA. You just saw this pricks comment and ran with it knowing these people are traumatized & always grasping straws. Relax man...
Even worse these folks dismiss relevant facts, such as Cristobol was hired on December 6th and Raymond was hired on December 8th. We have a miserable group of busy bodies who are programmed to react negatively to gossip and rumors and innuendos, a lot of it provided by village idiots.

Advertisement
Back