Bryan McClendon comin'...aaaannnd he's gone

Brothers...Bryan McClendon is a very good coach and a very good recruiter...we all know this. But, he's also on his fifth job in the past seven seasons. This is also the second time he's basically chosen not to come to Miami when his former staff wanted him to come with. Its pretty clear this is an area of the country that just isn't for him. Blame him, blame his wife, blame racism...it just is what it is. He still lost his only recruit at Miami to Jackson State, which is funny.

Same goes for T-Rob. 4th job in the past seven seasons. I didn't expect him to be here anyway, so the fact he agreed to be here and then bounced at the first opportunity doesn't shock me.

With all that said...I do not believe these two guys - as good as they are - are irreplaceable. The optics suck, sure. Would suck worse if Kevin Smith bounces, too...but I'm pretty confident Mario will put together a good staff. He's never not had a good staff.
You're going against the grain here. We haven't played a single game yet (the ultimate test) and the board is already unhappy with Mario because he is not hiring coordinators fast enough for them. Although looking at his history at Oregon this is not surprising. He is even more diligent this time around because he is more invested in getting it right first time around and IT IS NOT EASY.

Advertisement
I'm back. We better now people or do I need to go smoke some more for my sanity when reading this board?
Im on schedule to burn some herb . . .

If she were polyamorous or ethically non monogamous id play with the wife!

The question is does Mario replace Bmac with another WRC or does the new OC split WEC duties? Risky move considering stacked 2023 class

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean… be your own judge View attachment 175403
will ferrell comedy GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back