Bruce Feldman doesn't think we skate

Advertisement
i hope no one thinks we skate. Cause that ain't happening. You don't impose bowl bans if you think you are going to skate. It's to lessen the blow. Penn State is just brought up cause its recent, but we all know USC and UCF are more along the lines of what we'll get. USC's was harsh cause they didn't cooperate but overall the infractions appear to have been less (at least in terms of number of people involved). UCF just is a mess - but with both ex b-ball and football coaches getting axed recently its a mess for us too. People focus on the football side of the allegations but need to remember that man Haith and his assistants cause they might cost us more than anything football related. Thankfully Randy got social issues.

as for the article - yeah its just speculation but that's what he gets paid to do at times as a columnist. He's about the least anti-cane columnist you'll find.

No one has a **** clue. Everone is guessing. You can't compare one case to another effectively:

Dollar amount of SC's infractions dwarf ours, even if you take Shapiro at his word.
UNC's involved academic fraud, ours didn't.
OSU's involved the head coach.
UCF's involved the HC and AD.

It's impossible to draw a direct line to what the NCAA will do. I hope we skate. I wouldn't be shocked to see it land anywhere from less than UCF to USC. Anything worse than USC, and I'll be a bit surprised, but not much.

i hope no one thinks we skate. Cause that ain't happening. You don't impose bowl bans if you think you are going to skate. It's to lessen the blow. Penn State is just brought up cause its recent, but we all know USC and UCF are more along the lines of what we'll get. USC's was harsh cause they didn't cooperate but overall the infractions appear to have been less (at least in terms of number of people involved). UCF just is a mess - but with both ex b-ball and football coaches getting axed recently its a mess for us too. People focus on the football side of the allegations but need to remember that man Haith and his assistants cause they might cost us more than anything football related. Thankfully Randy got social issues.

as for the article - yeah its just speculation but that's what he gets paid to do at times as a columnist. He's about the least anti-cane columnist you'll find.

And if we get what UCF got, I'd consider that skating. One bowl ban (that we've already sat out) and 15 shcollies over 3 years is very manageable.

USC got hit hard because they had a one-man compliance department, i.e. they didn't have proper preventative measures in place. That isn't the case with Miami, which is why it appears the malfeasance doesn't go any higher than some bone-headed assistant coaches.

And if we get what UCF got, I'd consider that skating. One bowl ban (that we've already sat out) and 15 shcollies over 3 years is very manageable.

USC got hit hard because they had a one-man compliance department, i.e. they didn't have proper preventative measures in place. That isn't the case with Miami, which is why it appears the malfeasance doesn't go any higher than some bone-headed assistant coaches.

yeah to me its really about it being something that won't derail what Golden is trying to build. positive we'll get something. just hoping its reasonable.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back