Bruce Brown out 6 weeks

Season is over. We'll be lucky to make the tourney at this point. An absolute shame. It took years to build this program where it is and now with the FBI investigation destroying our recruiting all we had was this year. Now that is gone.

Guess you can stop posting then.

Thank god

Oh I will continue to post because I love this team and have watched them my entire life. This one just hurts because this is our most talented team we've ever had and we won't get a chance to see it through. I try to bring real conversation to the board so what is your issue with me?

Most talented maybe, but a long way from the best (that would be our regular season and tourney champs of 2012-13).

Advertisement
Clearly not good news.

But if he didn't play the last few games, we would have been better. Lol

So who knows how the team responds.

You clearly don't understand the game of basketball if you really believe this. There is more to the game than scoring.

Clearly I need to be educated. Only played point guard my whole life and now coach the game.

Tell me how he helped us his week?

22% from the field
11% from 3
60% from the line
1.4 assist to turnover ratio

That's your best player. In two overtime games. Of his 5 baskets, the majority were layups or dunks set up by teammates.

I never said we'd be better off. I said this week we probably would have been. We will miss his rebounding for sure. Guys will have to step it up. It if he would have gotten injured last week, the case could easily be made that we would have had the same record or better.

There's a lot more to basketball then scoring. Yes.

But 22/11/60 with a 1.4 ratio. That's epic bad

Walker in the same time period

52/47/86
4 to 1 assist to turnover.

That's elite

This sucks. The season is not over but it will obviously be a lot harder to make the NCAAT now. I doubt Brown plays again this season.

The good news is we have our easiest game of the season at home tomorrow against Pitt. Hopefully we figure it out tomorrow. Then we have a winnable game at VT and our second easiest game (remaining) at home. If we win 2 of our next 3 games, then I think we're looking good.

-------------------

Regardless of performance in the ACCT, I don't know if a 9-9 ACC team makes the tourney. The ACC, as a whole, doesn't look as good especially with ND in the dumps and UL not eligible for the post-season.

6 Wins can still happen.

Clearly not good news.

But if he didn't play the last few games, we would have been better. Lol

So who knows how the team responds.

You clearly don't understand the game of basketball if you really believe this. There is more to the game than scoring.

Clearly I need to be educated. Only played point guard my whole life and now coach the game.

Tell me how he helped us his week?

22% from the field
11% from 3
60% from the line
1.4 assist to turnover ratio

That's your best player. In two overtime games. Of his 5 baskets, the majority were layups or dunks set up by teammates.

I never said we'd be better off. I said this week we probably would have been. We will miss his rebounding for sure. Guys will have to step it up. It if he would have gotten injured last week, the case could easily be made that we would have had the same record or better.

There's a lot more to basketball then scoring. Yes.

But 22/11/60 with a 1.4 ratio. That's epic bad

Walker in the same time period

52/47/86
4 to 1 assist to turnover.

That's elite

I know Walker is elite. Look at my posts over the last month, all I have done is defend Walker and explain how good he will be and how he will keep improving. So this has nothing to do with that and has to do with you saying we would have been better off without Brown last two games. Brown has had two of his worse games against FSU and Louisville but he led the team in assists and rebounds against FSU. Against Louisville, he had 11 rebounds. We are horrendous at rebounding so his help in that department is important enough. Since you've played the game your whole life and coach then you should know why his presence is so important even when he is having issues scoring. The last ten minutes of the game he played point and our offense had more ball movement than we've seen all year.

Advertisement
The real shame is we will never get to see Lonnie and Bruce both play an A+ game together.

Just once it would have been nice to see what that looked like

Blessing in Disguise...we werent gonna win **** with him anyway...Yea it hurts us on defense, but Im willing to see what more time to DJ does to our offense, teams just let Bruce Brown shoot....we werent gonna win one Tourney game with that dude

Why would lville being ineligible hurt us? If anything it helps.

If we go .500in acc play, we are in.

Plus we can always play the “one of our best players is coming back for the tourney” card. Which the committee actually takes into account.

Advertisement

Because there are less teams in conference getting talk (from the media), when it comes tourney time.

Last edited:
Welp. Just shut BB down for the rest of the year and get him ready to return next year. Like others have said, this is starting to become Lonnie’s team. Spacing will be a lot better now also. A combo of Newton, and BB doesn’t even threaten Plant City High from the around the perimeter.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Plus we can always play the “one of our best players is coming back for the tourney” card. Which the committee actually takes into account.

Are you sure?

Advertisement
Some of your are ridiculous. Look at our remaining schedule:
vs. Pitt
@ VT
vs. Wake
@ BC
vs. UVA
vs. Cuse
@ND
vs. BC
@ UNC
vs. VT

Let's say we split with VT and BC. Beat Pitt, Cuse and Wake, and that's 5 wins right there which gets us to 20. Even if we lose the rest of those games on the schedule (disregarding ND is beat up like **** and UNC is vulnerable), 20 wins in the ACC gets you in the tourney. We probably won't be a 5-7 seed in the touney (most projections have us around there as of now) but we're getting in, potentially like last year as an 8-9, maybe 10 seed.

Advertisement
He's always been overrated in terms of NBA potential but that means nothing regarding this news. You can't afford to lose a guy who will impose himself to grab key defensive rebounds, and who also is generally the one relied upon for clutch free throws when closing out a game.

I won't miss the bricked layups. It will be interesting to see how we vary the lineup and the spacing. DJ needs to be more dependable game to game. He won't be on the bench for all but a few minutes anymore, like the Duke game.

I'm a big Bruce Brown fan, but aside from rebounding, he's been mediocre at best since he hurt his hand. Not saying it isn't a major loss, but he hasn't been close to last year's version anyway.

Advertisement
Back