Bruce Brown out 6 weeks

Advertisement
Season is over. We'll be lucky to make the tourney at this point. An absolute shame. It took years to build this program where it is and now with the FBI investigation destroying our recruiting all we had was this year. Now that is gone.

Advertisement
Tough news, but explains a lot. Wasn’t playing like himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He broke it in practice on Monday

Oh, didn’t know that, thanks! Hope for a smooth recovery.

who do you think picks up most of the minutes while BBJ is out ?

No idea. Even if he wasn't playing up to his standards it's a big loss. Lonnie needs to continue to step up and hopefully DJ shoots closer to how he did against FSU then how he's shot all season.

Well, whatever else may have been injured can heal too.

By default, this was becoming IV's team. Will be interesting to see the adjustments made by the staff. I think we could see more of Izundu and Huell on the court at the same time.

Clearly not good news.

But if he didn't play the last few games, we would have been better. Lol

So who knows how the team responds.

This is going to kill us defensively and rebounding.

If I had to guess the starting lineup will look something like this:
Lykes Newton Walker Amp Huell

Also suspect we'll see more lineups like this at periods to pick up the rebounding slack and minimize periods with both Lykes and DJ on the court from a defensive standpoint:
Lykes/Newton Walker Amp Waardenberg/Huell Huell/Izundu

I think we'll be fine against Pitt, but Coach L may want to invest some practice time in a zone for the games that follow with the likelihood of more periods of both Lykes and DJ on the court.

Huell can't have any more games like the last few if we're going to make the tournament without Bruce.

Advertisement
Clearly not good news.

But if he didn't play the last few games, we would have been better. Lol

So who knows how the team responds.

You clearly don't understand the game of basketball if you really believe this. There is more to the game than scoring.

Season is over. We'll be lucky to make the tourney at this point. An absolute shame. It took years to build this program where it is and now with the FBI investigation destroying our recruiting all we had was this year. Now that is gone.

Guess you can stop posting then.

Thank god

Advertisement
We only had three guys (Huell, BB and Lawrence) who rebounded the ball, now we have two. That might be the biggest loss. I see going more with a bigger lineup (more minutes for Izundu and Sam) plus, in the back court, more for Newton, DJ and Lykes. BB averaged 34 minutes a game so that's a lot of minutes to spread around.

Wonder what this means to the NBA angle?

Last edited:
Advertisement

Guess you can stop posting then.

Thank god

Oh I will continue to post because I love this team and have watched them my entire life. This one just hurts because this is our most talented team we've ever had and we won't get a chance to see it through. I try to bring real conversation to the board so what is your issue with me?

He could potentially return for the 1st round of the tournament

I think he was going to be out this week regardless because of a nagging hand injury

Never fails. When you get too excited about something, it almost always goes wrong.

Well we can still make the dance this year.

Get better soon Bruce!

Advertisement
Back